Anime Central Forums: Please invite Angelic Pretty/Metamorphose temps de fille! - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please invite Angelic Pretty/Metamorphose temps de fille!

Poll: Please invite Angelic Pretty/Metamorphose temps de fille! (27 member(s) have cast votes)

who do you want to see at ACen for 2014?

1. Angelic Pretty (19 votes [41.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.30%

2. Metamorphose temps de fille (14 votes [30.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. Innocent World (13 votes [28.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   KuraiTsuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60239

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

View Postbeck, on 26 February 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

As awesome as it would have been, I think it would be really difficult to get Metamorphose, just because they've never come to America before.

Putumayo has done tea parties, I think they're having the tea party/fashion show shindig at Matsuri next month.

Really sad about how there might not be a "traditional" fashion show, but maybe there will still be one, just not the kind we expect?

Looking forward to hearing what happens exactly!

Yeah, I'm not expecting Meta, but a girl can dream. lol

I thought they might have, but I wasn't sure. I thought BtSSB was doing the Matsuri tea. I know Misako is there.

I hope there's still some kind of fashion show or something official.

Me too! I hope they announce it soon! We're really closing in on time to get prepared.

#32 User is offline   beck 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60958

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

View PostKuraiTsuki, on 15 March 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm not expecting Meta, but a girl can dream. lol

I thought they might have, but I wasn't sure. I thought BtSSB was doing the Matsuri tea. I know Misako is there.

I hope there's still some kind of fashion show or something official.

Me too! I hope they announce it soon! We're really closing in on time to get prepared.

Yeah, I don't think ACen understands that dresses from brands can cost 200-300 dollars, and whole outfits can run to 1k and up - we need time to save and shop for whoever it is that you are inviting as a guest! ;__;

#33 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

View Postbeck, on 15 March 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't think ACen understands that dresses from brands can cost 200-300 dollars, and whole outfits can run to 1k and up - we need time to save and shop for whoever it is that you are inviting as a guest! ;__;

Oh no, I do understand that. I just haven't had much traction in the area I'm pursuing. I don't know if a lolita designer guest will be happening this year at this point, and if it does not, I'm sorry. I'll keep working on it,though, and we'll see what happens.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#34 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Oh, that would be really sad. T_T I hope we still get to see Angelic Pretty in the dealer's room?

#35 User is offline   beck 

• Pip

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 17 March 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Oh no, I do understand that. I just haven't had much traction in the area I'm pursuing. I don't know if a lolita designer guest will be happening this year at this point, and if it does not, I'm sorry. I'll keep working on it,though, and we'll see what happens.

That's such a bummer...

#36 User is offline   Kassy C. 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61727

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

Well this is depressing. :thumbdown:

#37 User is offline   beck 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostKassy C., on 17 March 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

Well this is depressing. :thumbdown:/>

stings even more since APUSA just announced maki+rinrin will be at sakuracon :(

#38 User is offline   Kassy C. 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61727

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

View Postbeck, on 19 March 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

stings even more since APUSA just announced maki+rinrin will be at sakuracon :(/>

Sakura Con always gets great fashion guests. I was kinda prepared to hear that AP would be there since Lynda hinted at it around the same time she announced on her Facebook page that they'd be at Kawaii Kon with Misako. She said they'll be going to one of the upcoming Canadian conventions too... don't think they've announced which one yet though. AP is really getting around to a lot of western conventions so far this year. Too bad ACen isn't one of them. :(

Personally I was kinda expecting/ hoping for Putumayo this year, but since they should be relatively easy to book with help from Harajuku Hearts, I'm guessing that they aren't who El Ken is trying for after all. At this point I don't really care which brand it is, so long as they get one. The fashion guests are one of the reasons why I look forward to ACen each year! I'd be really disappointed if it doesn't work out.

#39 User is offline   KuraiTsuki 

• Pip

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

So, I saw the announcement that we're getting h.Naoto as a guest again this year, which I'm grateful for. Any news on the lolita brand guest front?

#40 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

View PostKuraiTsuki, on 28 March 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

So, I saw the announcement that we're getting h.Naoto as a guest again this year, which I'm grateful for. Any news on the lolita brand guest front?

I'm still overseas right now, and it's been tough coordinating back to the States. At this time, I do not have any further information on any lolita Guests of Honor one way or another. I will follow up next week once I'm back in Chicago.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#41 User is offline   KuraiTsuki 

• Pip

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 29 March 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

I'm still overseas right now, and it's been tough coordinating back to the States. At this time, I do not have any further information on any lolita Guests of Honor one way or another. I will follow up next week once I'm back in Chicago.

Darn. Thanks for the reply, though. Hope you're having fun where ever you are. :)

#42 User is offline   Lokii23 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61954

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Yeah I too am hoping to hear some sort of announcement for us lolitas ^_^ Angelic Pretty would be pretty awesome, I really enjoyed their last tea party at ACen. Was also wondering what brands in general will be coming if any to sell in the dealers room...con is getting closer and closer...

#43 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostLokii23, on 04 April 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Yeah I too am hoping to hear some sort of announcement for us lolitas ^_^/> Angelic Pretty would be pretty awesome, I really enjoyed their last tea party at ACen. Was also wondering what brands in general will be coming if any to sell in the dealers room...con is getting closer and closer...

I can tell you that I'm working with Saxony, LLC to bring out a guest. If this goes through, they will set up in the Exhibit Hall with the brands that they sell online and in their San Francisco store. Unfortunately, that is the best I can say at this point, but it at least gives you an idea of what may be for sale at ACen.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#44 User is offline   Lokii23 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61954

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 07 April 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

I can tell you that I'm working with Saxony, LLC to bring out a guest. If this goes through, they will set up in the Exhibit Hall with the brands that they sell online and in their San Francisco store. Unfortunately, that is the best I can say at this point, but it at least gives you an idea of what may be for sale at ACen.

Thats great news El Ken! Thanks for the update :)

#45 User is offline   beck 

• Pip

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 07 April 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

So sounds like this would just be kinda like a vendor and not really a brand guest in the traditional sense (aka designers, tea party, fashion show, etc. the usual things)?
Wondering if you're talking about Rinrin, I know she's at Sakuracon and was stateside for a little while, since she was at some events in Cali. Don't know if she is/still will be after that convention.

This post has been edited by beck: 11 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

#46 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

I'm really sorry to say that we have not been able to work out a lolita guest designer for this year. As such, Saxony will not be in the vendor hall to sell their fashions, either. I'm really sorry - I know everyone really looks forward to meeting with these guests, especially when surrounded by like-minded individuals. I promise to work hard on this for 2015!
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#47 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 24 April 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm really sorry to say that we have not been able to work out a lolita guest designer for this year. As such, Saxony will not be in the vendor hall to sell their fashions, either. I'm really sorry - I know everyone really looks forward to meeting with these guests, especially when surrounded by like-minded individuals. I promise to work hard on this for 2015!

Ohhhhh. I am so sad to hear there won't be any Angelic Pretty in the dealer's room. T_T I was really looking forward to it. Thanks for trying, at least.

#48 User is offline   Rein 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64335

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 24 April 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

I've gotta be honest, this severely disappoints me. Especially since I can't go to Midwest to see BTSSB. I was really hoping there'd be some kind of lolita vendor...:\
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday:Burlesque Rarity: MLP
Saturday:Red Ranger Dress (morning) Lolita Fashion (afternoon)
Sunday:Lolita Fashion

#49 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17938

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

There will be at least one lolita vendor - it won't be Angelic Pretty/Harajuku Hearts, but there will be a booth in the dealer's room with items from several lolita brands for sale. As a consumer I'm disappointed that Saxony won't be there for me to shop from, but as a designer who is participating in the aforementioned booth and the Indie Designer Showcase fashion show, I am still excited for lolita stuff at ACen :)/>

This post has been edited by edelweiss: 28 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users