#1 User is offline   xxBCfreakxx 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62521

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Sketchbook (ザ・スケッチブック) is a real-life band which was created through The Sketchbook Project. They’re named for the band formed by the Sket Dan during the Kaimei Rock Festival. The band has been active since the formal announcement of their formation in July 2011, and has performed the vast majority of opening/ending themes for the Sket Dance anime. Affiliated with avex entertainment.

They have had 7 albums featured in/from the Sket Dance anime!
(Might I add, 7 FANTASTIC albums… featured in/from Sket Dance :3 )
Listed here:
Sket Dance OP2 – Michi
Sket Dance ED2 & ED4 – Clover
SKET DANCE OP4 Single – Message
Sket Dance OP6-ED11 Single – Clear
Sket Dance OVA Theme Song
Sket Dance ED7 Album
Sket Dance ED8-9

The members include:
Vocal and Bassist, Hiroshi Tada
(Fun fact: He doesn't like tomatoes, but seems fine with ketchup)

Guitarist, Riko Kohara
And, one of her Hobbies is: COSPLAY
(fun fact: Tomatoes are her favorite food, so there are a lot of pictures on the official blog taken of her holding tomato juice. She dislikes uncooked rice)

Drummer, Yuu Watanabe
(Fun fact, his nickname is the Gummi Prince, which comes from the fact that he hoards gummies, they're his favorite food. Every time he goes to a live performance, fans give him tons of them. He dislikes carbonated drinks. In junior high school, he joined the wind instrument club and that's around the time he started playing the drums)

Hiroshi Tada is the vocalist and bassist of the real-life version of The Sketchbook, and in Sket Dance, he plays as Bossun.
Riko Kohara is the guitarist of the real-life version of The Sketchbook. In the Sket Dance version, she plays as Himeko.
Yuu Watanabe is the drummer of the real-life version of The Sketchbook. In the animated version, he plays as Switch.

Their newest single is, CRACK/21
It was released June 19, 2013 with 4 tracks

1. クラック (CRACK)
2. 21
3. クラック (crack) [Instrument]
4. 21 [Instrument]

I feel that they would be a PERFECT musical guest for ACen 2014. They have such a good history, and they got their start from an anime band!! Now we have the real version, and they're amazing! Their guitarist Riko... is a fan of cosplaying! :3 maybe she would even like attending the convention as a cosplayer too ^.^
It would be really cool to have a band that stemmed from an anime band, attend this anime convention. And I think they would think that'd be really cool too... I mean, they pretty much are like a real life anime band. But all that aside, their music is amazing, and they really would be a perfect musical guest :)

:D

Posted Image

Here is a photo of the group (And 2 others I don't know) Cosplaying as the members from Sket Dance :3

Posted Image

This post has been edited by xxBCfreakxx: 15 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

YESSSSSSS! I'd love it if they came. I love the music they did for Sket Dance. Please bring them!

This post has been edited by magishine: 15 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#3 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Gotta admit, I'd be super excited if they came. Loved all the music they did for Sket Dance - good to see they're still releasing singles!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users