• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2014 shall be so very large

#1 User is offline   ZenMaster 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63922

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I myself, and my dear sister, Luna, were unable to attend this year. 2012 being the last year we both went, suffice to say that the both of us are feeling rather..... empty. :unsure: I'm sure you all understand. It's still hard to imagine that the next Con is a year away. As much as I've said that it will be a long year, I really think it will go quickly. In fact, I'm certain it will!! I don't think it's likely, but there is a chance that I'll annoy my big sis with my..... shall we say 'obsession' with next year (yes, the con-itis has got me full-tilt). Next year shall also be the first year I cosplay!! No reveals just yet, though. Financially, economically, spiritually, every way you slice it, next year will be the best one yet!! Don't believe me? Just get to know me a little better. I shan't disappoint.
Prone to outbursts in a British accent

#2 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

I didn't get to attend this year neither, I was kind of a drag but 2011 wasn't quite good me and the wife...

With any luck you'll have a great time at ACen 2014....

Later B)

#3 User is offline   Dada-Velvet Eden 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 11941

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

My husband and I had a great time this year at ACen 2013, Hopefully see ya there at ACen 2014 :D!

#4 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

This year was my and my fiance's last year at ACen, and it went off without a hitch. Had a rather decent time, if not a bit of a quiet con for the first time in ages. It was quite nice.

It'll definitely feel weird not going next year, but luckily there's another convention around the same size where we are moving. And it's in April. So maybe it won't feel like we are missing it at all!
Except for the people. Definitely gonna miss some of the ACen people.

With all the improvements being made lately and all of the great ideas floating around already, I'm sure you both will have a blast upon your return in 2014! Make sure to have some extra fun for those of us who cannot be there. ;)

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#5 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I completely understand how you feel.
I wasn't able to attend 2012 due to school (since it was in April) and it felt so weird. I mean, I knew since the end of ACen 2012 that I wouldn't be able to go but seeing all my friends talking about their cosplays, pictures, adventures, badges travels etc made me feel like some kind of outsider. But I felt like I was kind of coming home when I went back this year. Even though I essentially went by myself, I had a lot of fun, got to see old friends and do all the things I really missed out on.

It also made me appreciate the con more so I tried harder to do more than just shop and take pics. Lol.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#6 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostZenMaster, on 27 May 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

I myself, and my dear sister, Luna, were unable to attend this year. 2012 being the last year we both went, suffice to say that the both of us are feeling rather..... empty. :unsure:/> I'm sure you all understand. It's still hard to imagine that the next Con is a year away. As much as I've said that it will be a long year, I really think it will go quickly. In fact, I'm certain it will!! I don't think it's likely, but there is a chance that I'll annoy my big sis with my..... shall we say 'obsession' with next year (yes, the con-itis has got me full-tilt). Next year shall also be the first year I cosplay!! No reveals just yet, though. Financially, economically, spiritually, every way you slice it, next year will be the best one yet!! Don't believe me? Just get to know me a little better. I shan't disappoint.

Sorry you couldn't make it this year, but next year sounds like it will be dynamite for you! I don't know if I can relate to you exactly, but when it comes to talks about "financials" I think we can somewhat relate as I do currently plan to attend ACen next year but I do have some finances to deal with before I do so. It will likely affect my cosplay agenda reducing it to only one new cosplay or a possibility of all cosplays being old ones (I don't think it will come down to that but we'll see.) Either way, I have some things that I too needed to take care of for awhile.

And welcome to the world of cosplay! It's a very fun world! Any ideas what you may be? I hope all goes according to you and your sister's plans! Best of luck! :highfive:
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users