Anime Central Forums: Difference between ACen and Anime Midwest? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Difference between ACen and Anime Midwest?

#1 User is offline   Jenya 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60655

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

So I've been going to ACen for three years now, but just this year I'm going to attend Anime Midwest also. Since I've never been, I was wondering how they're different from one another? I just want to plan this out well, what days to go, whether to get a hotel room and etc.
Any help is appreciated from those who've been <3
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Friday: School Girl Asuka (NGE)
Saturday: Splash Free Rin (Free!)

#2 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Anime Midwest is A LOT smaller than ACen. It's only been around for three years (this being it's third year). I think it depends on what you want to see at Anime Midwest to determind which day(s) you want to go. The schedule is already up so you can look ahead. Saturday is usually a good bet, just as Saturday is a good day to go for ACen. Anime Midwest is only going to be located in the Hyatt so if you want a hotel room you can always rent one at the other (cheaper) hotels. Personally, I'm going Friday to see Steam Powered Giraffe play and am going Saturday for the panels. I'm not renting a room because I live close by and would rather pay for parking for both days then pay to rent a room. Anywho hope this helps. :)
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Like said above, Anime Midwest is a smaller convention--it has a smaller feel to it. It's nice with less people--it's like a family feel. There might be 3,000 people there this year. Honestly, the biggest difference is the feel for me since it's WAY smaller than ACen. There is a ConSweet--which is free ramen/rice/pop, and the hotel rates are cheaper. It's not as crazy as ACen, but there is still a lot of stuff going on during it. It would recommend going all three days, but I would say if you want to experience it go Saturday. There is a lot going on and is a lot of fun. :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#4 User is offline   Jenya 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60655

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

That makes sense. Wow, that's way smaller, huh? I'm just wondering whether to get a hotel room. Because I know there are things going on way into the night at ACen, which is why driving home at like 3 is the worst. That's what I'm contemplating, since I live only half an hour away!
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Friday: School Girl Asuka (NGE)
Saturday: Splash Free Rin (Free!)

#5 User is offline   princemercury1 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 9047

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Anime Midwest is a lot smaller than Anime Central.
The reason for this is that it is in its third year.
Not a lot of people know Anime Midwest, yet, but if it continues to be popular, and advertise a lot then it will grow.
Last year it was located 10 mins from my house in Lisle, IL. This is its first year being at Rosemont.
ACen use to be like Anime Midwest (as far as population) when it first started.
..but to answer question, its like any other anime convention except that they have a con suite, which serves ramen, rice and pop, that is well organize.
What did you say?

*tableflip*

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users