Anime Central Forums: Rosemont Theatre - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rosemont Theatre Is it a viable venue for the future?

#31 User is offline   DJ Kagamine 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29499
  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: 08-May 09
  • Location:DuPage, IL

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

quick and simple responses

loved venue idea of assigned seating, no need to wait in line for hours

will gladly pay extra for tickets to rosemont theater for better environment, (even though chairs seemed awkward but solved later on)

had no problems with tickets, or communication of that matter(even though i just showed up and assumed it worked like every other concert ive ever gone too)

sound was fine (former metal band tech ,knows sound [also sat front center section, no hearing problems after concert])
My name is DJ Kagamine


www.facebook.com/aznracer1 <---- My Page

www.facebook.com/dj.kagamine <-----My dj page

www.soundcloud.com/dj-kagamine <------My dj mixes page

#32 User is offline   njiteb 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63464
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 10-April 13

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

I don't know if you've gotten the wrong band for the theatre, but I'm not a regular attendee since I'm not from around the area. I've only just gone solely for the purpose of seeing Kalafina and was volunteering for all other costs related (not including flight of course.) I've known of their appearance through...I can't remember, but I knew I almost registered immediately after knowing. (Probably from a forum.) I was going to go to Kaji Fes. (Yuki Kajiura's 20th anniversary concert, producer of Kalafina) in Tokyo the week before, so why not just go straight to Chicago before going home?

I have been their fan since I saw them at Anime Boston 2009. Before that, I was not into going to concerts at conventions, and the only convention I went to was AB since that's where I live. But I met some people online and they were flying to Boston just to see Kalafina, so why not just join them and see what's it about? I never watched Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners) or was interested in Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) back then, but because of the band, I actually went back to watch them and found them to be good. So advertising kind of go both ways.

I think more advertising like others have said would have drawn more people to the concert. Of course putting up pictures of the Kalafina girls is a must, but having posters and things for related anime would be necessary too. Not everybody who's into an anime would look up singers/bands who did opening/ending themes even if they enjoy the songs. I notice Aniplex was host for the panel and if there was an agreement somewhere between that, they could've did some advertising also since it might boost some of their anime's sales as well.

Ticket prices - I thought they were very fair for the venue the show was held. Going to a concert in Japan would easily cost more than that. That being said, those shows usually DO have a few more songs. As others have mentioned, opening ticket sales to general public for a higher price might have been a good choice as well as there might be people who would like to see just the concert and did not want to go to the con itself. (Though they might have to give up on the Saturday panel and autographing.)

Friday night is probably a good time for a concert if it was not held at an earlier time on Saturday instead to avoid other huge main events.

Promotions-wise, being a fan-run convention, budget is probably very limited after all expenses of getting a group like Kalafina WITH their entire band to come. Stuff that could've been done might be like dropping a link in all related facebook groups? Cross-linking to main website, look for actual fan forums/sites to help promote, who'd probably help with word-of-mouth free and make posts and things on auto-pilot anyway. Like I said, I probably found out on a fan forum and registered almost immediately, I couldn't really find enough info around the ACen website or forum on Kalafina's appearance. I'm used to not having a con schedule until a few weeks before the con, but as a paid event, an actual date and time would have been nice to have around instead of just saying there's a concert. If I didn't dig around the forum, I probably wouldn't have found out the concert was at 8pm.

For the good of ACen's concerts, I say the Rosemont Theatre is a great place. I was in section 103, row E, aisle seat, and had a very good sound, though a little loud. People who had problems with the bass was probably because of the proximity of the speakers in front of them. (Had that problem seeing Yosei Teikoku at AB last Friday, sitting in first row right in front of the speakers, did not hear Yui's voice, the main vocal, most of the time.) I guess if you want a closer seat, you'll have to deal with the sound distortions because I have a huge feeling that the back of the theatre has great sound and volume.



EDIT: I remember exactly where I found out about Kalafina going to ACen now. It was an email from their official fan club, FictionJunction CLUB. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have known.

This post has been edited by njiteb: 27 May 2013 - 05:16 AM


#33 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 940
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm going to repost my suggestion from the "Suggestions" thread to here- as my suggestion directly effects this one. Perhaps this way my suggestion might fall under the right eyes. I vote moving the concert to Saturday night- my reasoning on how to make this would work as follows:

"Move soap bubble to Friday and synergy to Saturday as a smaller 18+ rave. Move the main concert to Saturday night and keep the Rosemont Theater venue. This will give you more time for at convention promoting of the concert and help sell tickets. You can have anime hell and maybe a screening or something more anime related in the main ball room. You could even extend the masquerade to allow more time and participants. ACen Idol has been brought up as something people would like to see return. and even though im not a fan.... maybe put a burlesque type show that night. This would also fill part of the need for more 18+ programming at night."


__________________



The biggest thing that detracted from you selling tickets was the fact that nobody knew it was happening until it was over. Nobody knew where to buy tickets- or even had a chance to think about going because they were still arriving at the hotel. Many people do not get to the convention until the evening hours. By the time they roll around, its too late to have them as potential buyers.

Make the tickets available to purchase at the registration desk and the dealers booth for the band. Make sure the dealers booth for the band is well marked and is in an important place in the hall. (Perhaps by the ACen merchandise booth???) I know there was some kind of educational booth by the exist area this year. That would have been a perfect place to place Kalifina - as people almost have to walk by it to get out. I did not see the booth till the last day because it was stuck in a back corner. Also it was not well marked. ----I'm not sure if the ticket office at the theater is really needed- but I didnt see how it functioned, so maybe you would have a better idea. You may need to print out tickets, and have part of them at one place and part in another- that way you dont double book seats.
If the concert is low on ticket sales, maybe have a "flash sale" an hour or two before the concert. Have them be for open seats only and say first come first serve. That flash tickets will only be sold between said hours- and they are not guaranteed. Also that seats can not be selected, that they are put in an group and handed out by person. This will get the people who dont really know who the band is a chance to go for a great deal and fill the theater, minimizing the chance for lost revenue.
Promotion is key- create hype. Have posters around the convention center and hotels. If possible have the posters say what animes they are from. When and where to buy tickets and the ticket prices. If you decide to have a flash sale then have that advertised as well. Play the bands music in the registration hall. Perhaps give some tickets to popular game panels as prizes in exchange for having them promote the concert.

These ideas will only work if you move the concert to Saturday, but I think they would give you a fare shot at making the Rosemont Theater viable and sucessful in the future. :thumbup:/>/>

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 25 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#34 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048
  • Posts: 1,995
  • Joined: 11-July 08
  • Location:The depths of the Net

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 25 June 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm going to repost my suggestion from the "Suggestions" thread to here- as my suggestion directly effects this one. Perhaps this way my suggestion might fall under the right eyes. I vote moving the concert to Saturday night- my reasoning on how to make this would work as follows:

"Move soap bubble to Friday and synergy to Saturday as a smaller 18+ rave. Move the main concert to Saturday night and keep the Rosemont Theater venue. This will give you more time for at convention promoting of the concert and help sell tickets. You can have anime hell and maybe a screening or something more anime related in the main ball room. You could even extend the masquerade to allow more time and participants. ACen Idol has been brought up as something people would like to see return. and even though im not a fan.... maybe put a burlesque type show that night. This would also fill part of the need for more 18+ programming at night."


__________________



The biggest thing that detracted from you selling tickets was the fact that nobody knew it was happening until it was over. Nobody knew where to buy tickets- or even had a chance to think about going because they were still arriving at the hotel. Many people do not get to the convention until the evening hours. By the time they roll around, its too late to have them as potential buyers.

Make the tickets available to purchase at the registration desk and the dealers booth for the band. Make sure the dealers booth for the band is well marked and is in an important place in the hall. (Perhaps by the ACen merchandise booth???) I know there was some kind of educational booth by the exist area this year. That would have been a perfect place to place Kalifina - as people almost have to walk by it to get out. I did not see the booth till the last day because it was stuck in a back corner. Also it was not well marked. ----I'm not sure if the ticket office at the theater is really needed- but I didnt see how it functioned, so maybe you would have a better idea. You may need to print out tickets, and have part of them at one place and part in another- that way you dont double book seats.
If the concert is low on ticket sales, maybe have a "flash sale" an hour or two before the concert. Have them be for open seats only and say first come first serve. That flash tickets will only be sold between said hours- and they are not guaranteed. Also that seats can not be selected, that they are put in an group and handed out by person. This will get the people who dont really know who the band is a chance to go for a great deal and fill the theater, minimizing the chance for lost revenue.
Promotion is key- create hype. Have posters around the convention center and hotels. If possible have the posters say what animes they are from. When and where to buy tickets and the ticket prices. If you decide to have a flash sale then have that advertised as well. Play the bands music in the registration hall. Perhaps give some tickets to popular game panels as prizes in exchange for having them promote the concert.

These ideas will only work if you move the concert to Saturday, but I think they would give you a fare shot at making the Rosemont Theater viable and sucessful in the future. :thumbup:/>/>/>

My concern is if the concert is Saturday night, and those of us who attend or participate in the masquerade, there is almost no way for us the see the concert, unless the masquerade is SUPER early or super late after the masquerade. And even with that, if we have to stand in line for tickets...there is almost now way to see the masquerade and the concert if both were on Saturday. And each time I have attended masquerade it has never started on time--so timing would be pretty off. I personally love the masquerade (I have gone every year) and love the concerts too. This was my first year not attending a concert (since I'm not a huge die hard fan of Kalafina, so i didn't want to spend the extra money on someone I wasnt SUPER into). Unless we have two concerts like it was with Aural Vampire--one on Friday, and one on Saturday.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#35 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 940
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 26 June 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

My concern is if the concert is Saturday night, and those of us who attend or participate in the masquerade, there is almost no way for us the see the concert, unless the masquerade is SUPER early or super late after the masquerade. And even with that, if we have to stand in line for tickets...there is almost now way to see the masquerade and the concert if both were on Saturday. And each time I have attended masquerade it has never started on time--so timing would be pretty off. I personally love the masquerade (I have gone every year) and love the concerts too. This was my first year not attending a concert (since I'm not a huge die hard fan of Kalafina, so i didn't want to spend the extra money on someone I wasnt SUPER into). Unless we have two concerts like it was with Aural Vampire--one on Friday, and one on Saturday.


Pushing the concert back an hour would work I think. Or perhaps allowing people to pick up tickets on Friday as well as Saturday.
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#36 User is offline   Roark 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11290
  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: 14-May 07

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 23 May 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Going forward, I think it would be best to allow the theatre to handle the sales of any events we put on at that location. Yes, we would incur additional fees, but the process is well tested and would allow us to immediately open any sales whenever we are ready. In essence, it would make those events/concerts public, and the listed ticket prices would be higher than what you saw this year. In turn, we would provide a one time use discount code for each Anime Central membership purchased for that convention year to be redeemed against the ticket price. In the end, the ticket price should come out to a price similar to what you saw this year.

In addition to the proven ordering system, we would also gain the marketing of the ticketing system the theatre uses (TicketMaster). I think that would also help address one of the points I made above regarding outreach to people not necessarily familiar with Anime Central or people outside the Chicago area.

Emphasis added.

This is the way to go. Several reasons.
  • Tickets this year went on sale ~30 days from the event due to dev time. Many concerts go on sale 90+ days before the event.
  • The limited ticket sale time gave limited time for marketing. Odds are many people never even heard of the concert.
  • As you noted, a public event allows greater reach in and out of Chicago. You get yourself into the Red Eye, The Reader, The Onion, Milwaukee's Shepherd Express/Metro... whatever other alt weeklies are out there in major cities. Radio is also an option.
  • You also get the ability to do flyer drops all over Chicago. Lots of places have stacks of ads for upcoming concerts.
  • Avoid the over sale issues.


As you noted, promotion was an issue. Ticketmaster helps address that, but not entirely.

Any promotion outside dedicated fans will have to address who the band is, what the band does, and why someone should spend money to go see them. That's a lot to do without any support from radio play, rotation on MTV, and/or dedicated local following of either the band or the venue. (Some people show up at smaller Chicago venues regardless of the band, just based on the venues' reputations. Rosemont Theatre is not one of those venues.)

Likely, any promotion would need support from a local station (Q87, XRT, etc.) to really push the music.

Now, the hard part...

Japanese bands probably aren't a big enough draw to sell 4000 tickets. Japan Nite doesn't fill Double Door (500 standing capacity) for a $10 cover. X Japan didn't fill the Riviera at $29 (plus fees), which stands 2500 people. I think Dir En Gray's first tour filled House of Blues (1700 capacity; $25 tickets); subsequent tours (paired with Apocalyptica for $30, I think) did not sell out. I think they even had air time on the old Q101. America doesn't seem to want Asian bands that don't have an amusing viral video (read: Psy).

Selling as much as you did is pretty good, given that record.

This post has been edited by Roark: 26 June 2013 - 01:32 PM


#37 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895
  • Posts: 1,131
  • Joined: 26-February 09
  • Location:Cicero

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

Doubling the concert would be good, also maybe promote with ads on various sites too that focus on Japan music.

I guess one of the main reason why you won't ever see a sold out concert of various Asian bands is because, language barrier. I think the same is true for less known American bands that go to Asia and Europe.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013


Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#38 User is offline   roserosered08 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61336
  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: 10-January 12

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

I think Friday was the better date. I loved the fact that I didn't have to wait in line to possibly not get into a show. I do recommend using the theatre again especially when tickets weren't that expensive. Kalafina was a great choice and hope to see them again. I think the main problem was advertising for the show. I understand that contracts take a long time but maybe a few months earlier notice would of helped.

#39 User is offline   Sapphy 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11260
  • Posts: 210
  • Joined: 13-May 07

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

View Postroserosered08, on 03 January 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

I think Friday was the better date. I loved the fact that I didn't have to wait in line to possibly not get into a show. I do recommend using the theatre again especially when tickets weren't that expensive. Kalafina was a great choice and hope to see them again. I think the main problem was advertising for the show. I understand that contracts take a long time but maybe a few months earlier notice would of helped.


I agree that advertising was a huge pitfall with last year's show. To be quite honest, I would have likely not even have known Kalafina was playing if not for a friend of mine being super excited about it and letting me know. The ticket preorder was also a mess and felt like it was yanked from the 90's. Finding a direct link to the ticket ordering from the main website was also a pain (website crashes with any usage spikes is something that needs to be addressed elsewhere as well); I believe I actually ended up following a link someone posted here on the forums instead.

I'd love to see the theater continue to be used. Paying extra for tickets isn't an issue for me especially because prices were really great. It's also great knowing ahead of time that you're actually guaranteed a seat, as I don't have the patience to wait hours on end for the chance to get in.
Liked what you saw at ACen? Happy Hatpire Designs has an Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hatpire
Follow me on tumblr! http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Also, check out my DeviantArt: http://hatpire.deviantart.com

#40 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58858
  • Posts: 198
  • Joined: 06-October 10
  • Location:MN

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

I'd say Friday was the better date since there are already too many major events going on Saturday evening (masquerade, the rave, other concerts), and spreading things out allows people to get more into their con weekend.

Advertising? I would say that it should have been promoted more heavily, yes, try to build familiarity by saying what the artist has done and if you're having difficulty selling tickets based on initial sales, ramp up the advertising the closer you get to con and allow sales in more places (when you purchase/pick up your badge, either online or at the con, and also the public a while after they first become available to ACen attendees since you want a majority of the audience as ACen attendees). I'd also throw my hat into the "offer SOME seats for a much lower price but have them be in less desirable locations" method of selling tickets since there is a group where people would just say "I don't know this group, but it's only ___, let's go." I had only known Kalafina as "the group who sang Madoka's ending theme" and going to the concert was a gamble on my part whether I'd enjoy their other songs.

I liked the venue chosen and greatly prefer the method of assigned seating since you could reserve your seat before the con began, choose your seat section and be guaranteed (other than the overselling snafu) a seat in that section for the concert rather than stake out a place in line an hour or more before the concert began and hope for a spot at a free concert at the Hyatt. As for costs, I'd say $30 was more than reasonable considering costs involved- I would have been willing to pay more based on past experiences (compared with what I paid for only average seats at Broadway shows 5-10 years ago ($75 for Mamma Mia and $96 for The Lion King), $30 is cheap).

All in all, my gamble paid off, I had a wonderful experience, and I hope that paid concerts are here to stay. I'd gladly pay for a quality experience at the Rosemont Theatre over a free okay experience at the Hyatt.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain


Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#41 User is offline   El Ken 

  • Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629
  • Posts: 857
  • Joined: 27-November 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

On a side note to this conversation, the Rosemont Theatre is not available the weekend of ACen this year. In short, that means that concerts will take place in the Hyatt again in Main Programming.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#42 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 63035
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 19-January 13

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

I personally was crazy about the Kalafina thing. (Too bad I missed the concert due to bus delays.) But you guys definitely needed more advertising. Kalafina is BIG news for a convention. People that don't normally even come to conventions (probably a majority of the fanbase if those I've met are any indication... convention trends differ from what's popular all around in my experience. The reason for this, I'm not quite sure, just an observation) would probably come just to see them, which is where the advertising would have played a crucial role. People who don't normally go to cons wouldn't think to look on a convention FB page or their homepage. So spreading the word about this kind of stuff elsewhere besides the FB page, front page, forums, etc., would be a good idea. ^^
ACen 2015 cosplay:
Oktavia von Seckendorff (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) - 0% (planning stages)
Fem!Slenderman - 30%
Shirahoshi Hime (One Piece) - 50%

#43 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Sorry to hear that, Ken. I really enjoyed the theatre setting and having a reserved seat in advance. It was a lot less hectic than trying to fight for a front row standing space for the concerts that are typically held in the ballroom. If it's not being too persistent...any idea when we can start seeing some guest announcements other than the DJ's for the Hardcore Synergy?
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#44 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 940
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 23 January 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

Sorry to hear that, Ken. I really enjoyed the theatre setting and having a reserved seat in advance. It was a lot less hectic than trying to fight for a front row standing space for the concerts that are typically held in the ballroom. If it's not being too persistent...any idea when we can start seeing some guest announcements other than the DJ's for the Hardcore Synergy?


This is his reply to that question in a different thread.

View PostEl Ken, on 23 January 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

It is absolutely amazing, randy. 4 months to go and not a single announcement. Even despite the fact that I work year-round to get guests, and have been working on this year's guests since before last con. As for Hardcore's DJs... oh hey, that falls under my purview, too. I'm really happy that they pushed to get things done early this year and that I could accommodate. But there's a big difference between soliciting guests and recontracting a promoter who already has his event planned out.

I don't know what other cons do, randy. I don't ask and don't care. I just run my ship to the best of my and my crew's abilities. That's not to say we aren't trying to improve how we do things or that things have not improved. We're working very hard on a lot of things in GR. Part of success is failure. We'll learn, apply, and move on. Oh, and speaking of crew, you are aware that there has been some turnover in areas concerning guest acquisitions? You're not the only person to make this observation about ACen's guest list.

Sorry for being a bit ranty on this. I'm tired of responding to posts like this year to year (but I don't blame the posters - truth is truth). We're getting better, and as far as this year goes, you'll see announcements start coming out soon. I had anticipated to have announcements before the end of the year, but that simply didn't work out.

I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#45 User is offline   El Ken 

  • Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629
  • Posts: 857
  • Joined: 27-November 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 23 January 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

Sorry to hear that, Ken. I really enjoyed the theatre setting and having a reserved seat in advance. It was a lot less hectic than trying to fight for a front row standing space for the concerts that are typically held in the ballroom. If it's not being too persistent...any idea when we can start seeing some guest announcements other than the DJ's for the Hardcore Synergy?

As Kirby quoted, I do have announcements coming very soon. Some are waiting on approvals, some are ready to go, but waiting for coordination. Regardless, things will be coming soon.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#46 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Thank you KungPowKirby, and Ken. I appreciate the prompt reply.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users