• This topic is locked

What We Leave Behind Feedback

#1 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

So like everyone else. I'd love some feedback on my panel What we Leave Behind: The Saddest Moments in Anime. First thing I want to address

I am so very very sorry for all of you that got turned away. I REALLY wasn't excepting that turnout. I was expecting maybe 50-100 people tops. I've been told there was around 200+ in the line for the panel. For all of those that could not get in I am so truly sorry. I will request a bigger room next year.

Also, I will request longer as well. I figured I'd get through all my clips and have about 30 mins for discussion....this did not happen. We about ran over time. So I will have more time next year

So what could I have changed? What should I do different? What moments do you feel were left out and should have been in? Let me know what you guys think
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#2 User is offline   Dragonsbane117 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29790

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I must say that I enjoyed the panel greatly. Some of the missing things I expected can be panels themselves, The Key animes (Kanon, Air, Clannad and Clannad: After Story), Grave of the Fireflies etc. However there are a few that got me that I missed. The ending to Wolfs Rain,
Spoiler

I would loved to have more time to discuss as you stated, as well as a bigger room. I was first in line and got there three hours early and still had a problem getting in due to line misunderstandings. I would also like a list of the shows you did go over once more, I watched Angel Beats because of the panel and it was great (I wish it was as long as the other Key animations but se la vie )

I jumped at the chance for this panel because often people overlook the anime that can deeply touch us.

Keep up the great work it was a awesome panel I just wanted more of it!

#3 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I wasn't able to make it to this one! Did someone record it?

#4 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostDragonsbane117, on 29 May 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

I must say that I enjoyed the panel greatly. Some of the missing things I expected can be panels themselves, The Key animes (Kanon, Air, Clannad and Clannad: After Story), Grave of the Fireflies etc. However there are a few that got me that I missed. The ending to Wolfs Rain,
Spoiler

I would loved to have more time to discuss as you stated, as well as a bigger room. I was first in line and got there three hours early and still had a problem getting in due to line misunderstandings. I would also like a list of the shows you did go over once more, I watched Angel Beats because of the panel and it was great (I wish it was as long as the other Key animations but se la vie )

I jumped at the chance for this panel because often people overlook the anime that can deeply touch us.

Keep up the great work it was a awesome panel I just wanted more of it!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I greatly appreciate it. I will definitely be looking into Grave of the Fireflies. A lot of people suggested it. I will definitely also be getting a bigger room next year and lengthening the panel to about 2 hours.

@cactusmomma. I unfortunately didn't record it. I forgot my camcorder

For those interested, I will be running this panel again at Anime Midwest. It'll be a little shorter but I hope to get the more heartstring tugging moments. And of course look out for this panel again at ACen 2014
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users