Anime Central Forums: XBOX ONE - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

XBOX ONE Its over console gaming is dead.

#31 User is offline   JoeSomebody2 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 58483

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

Anyone think we will have another video game industry crash like the one in 1983? While that may or may not happen, it's for certain the process of how we make, sell, and buy games is changing. Decide on how it will all change by voting with your money. Me? I stick to games of the PS2 era on down. Believe the last games released for that were in 2011, and this rule I give myself includes all previous systems (xbox, SNES, Atari, etc.). Cheap, in abundance, and quality games. All I'll likely ever need for my entertainment purposes, so seeing all these next gen battles gives me a different perspective.

#32 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Well, I don't think there is going to be a complete industry crash because there are other platforms for gaming such as handheld devices and PCs, for instance. Back in 1983, the options were much more limited. If anything, the gaming console era may experience a stagnant period this "gen".

#33 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

so id like to again put my statement in about the ps4, just because the xbox 1 is a complete failure doesnt mean console gaming is coming to an end
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#34 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

I don't understand how if one bad system is going to come out it means the end of console gaming.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#35 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postkenkendazo, on 13 June 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

I don't understand how if one bad system is going to come out it means the end of console gaming.

because there are so many xbox fans that they were planning on buying the xbox 720 only to have their hopes and dreams get crushed with the announcement of the xbox 1. however a lot of the die hard xbox fans are flocking to the ps4. if anything, this could be the end of microsoft trying to make consoles
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#36 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostTiamat97, on 13 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

because there are so many xbox fans that they were planning on buying the xbox 720 only to have their hopes and dreams get crushed with the announcement of the xbox 1. however a lot of the die hard xbox fans are flocking to the ps4. if anything, this could be the end of microsoft trying to make consoles

Ehhh, I doubt that - it's a good market for them, they've just managed to get severe tunnel vision. If anything, what needs to happen is that Microsoft needs to listen to the gamers (not just the ones with good to excellent internet access, either), or at the very least learn how to design a desirable console with a good price tag. Their response to those who can't get a reliable connection on a daily basis was not good PR on their part. They know that there will be people who will buy the XB1 (moreso out of sheer loyalty than anything, and because for some it may work out okay). But to the most part, the PS4 will cater to more gamers' needs.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#37 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostJoeSomebody2, on 13 June 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Anyone think we will have another video game industry crash like the one in 1983? While that may or may not happen, it's for certain the process of how we make, sell, and buy games is changing. Decide on how it will all change by voting with your money. Me? I stick to games of the PS2 era on down. Believe the last games released for that were in 2011, and this rule I give myself includes all previous systems (xbox, SNES, Atari, etc.). Cheap, in abundance, and quality games. All I'll likely ever need for my entertainment purposes, so seeing all these next gen battles gives me a different perspective.

A games industry crash is coming. It's just a matter of when, and what the business will do about it. If they do things well, the crash can happen gracefully. If they decide to take their money and run, it'll crash very hard. But gaming won't go away. It's much too big at this point.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#38 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

And Microsoft does a 180. Now the console suddenly seems more viable.

#39 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Despite the DRM change, still not buying it. Its the price. If they make it kinect optional then that will shave off the $100 and be on playing field with the PS4....which I preordered already after the sony press conference.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#40 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, pretty much the difference between each is the eye interface..optional with the PS4, mandatory to the Xbox. I can understand though as a number of features built-in are interwoven with the Kinect.

#41 User is offline   JoeSomebody2 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58483

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

You know how you have a dirty apartment, and cleaning up a single room doesn't mean the whole apartment is clean? Sort of like this. Not to diss Microsoft for making good choices, but I worry that people may overlook other issues due to the 180 that occurred.

#42 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'm still staying with my decision to go PS4 and WiiU, but I do commend Microsoft for changing their minds on DRM. I know many are "Oh they're just going back on their words" if they stuck with it, they would have lost. Now they have a fighting chance. Sony has better exclusives IMO
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users