Anime Central Forums: Lolita Fashion Show - Independent Designers Showcase - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Lolita Fashion Show - Independent Designers Showcase How was it?

#1 User is offline   TheOsakaKoneko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 21009

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

So ACen-goers, how did you like the fashion show?

I was so happy to have such a lovely room this year!

I was pleased to be blessed with such lovely designers and models.
For your reference once again, our designers were:

What the Frill
Victorian Angel by Amy Marie Couture
Ick by Industrial Kitty
Ribbons
Wasted Utopia
Mossbadger
Paradise Rose
Kinki Kitty

We'd love to hear your feedback and comments!
We hope to continue to offer this lovely show at future Anime Centrals, and I hope you'll join us again! <3

#2 User is offline   kpossibles 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63882

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I really enjoyed the fashion show! The designs were really nice and all of the models were very enthusiastic about showing off the dresses! I was sitting next to someone that was taking photos though and some of the models moved from their pose too quickly for a good picture. I think one of my favorite parts was when somne of the models walked out together and posed cutely or elegantly together. It would be really helpful if you guys could print out fliers or have a ready stack of cheap business cards so casual people attending the show can know where to buy the indie brands online. The MC was very enthusiastic about everyone's presence in the show and I was glad that a ton of people were brave enough to ask lots of questions. I heard you guys were stuck in a small room last year and I hope you get this room and perhaps a real runway next year!

#3 User is offline   TheOsakaKoneko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 21009

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

Thank you!

As even the "real brands" didn't have a runway this year, this may not be in the cards, but I'll definitely keep it in mind as something to ask about!
The flyers are a great idea. We had flyers we were passing out around the con earlier that day, but I should have put the extra ones by the door so everyone could walk out with something at least with the logos of the brands on it! Oops! :)

I will try to add a site for all the brands above so people can at least find them here, even though not that many people check the forums!

Thanks again for coming! I'm glad you had a good time! <3

#4 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17938

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was a co-panelist and designer participant (mossbadger) for the show, but I'll post my feedback too :)

The larger room was so awesome. The fact that we had a backstage area, some prep time for run-throughs/testing of the audio-visual and space to actually seat a good sized audience was a major improvement over last year. The tech guy that helped me hook up my laptop and troubleshoot some minor issues I was having was also super helpful!

I think we could use a dedicated hair/makeup person (or persons) next time, and I personally could have spent more time giving my models more advice as far as poses and what to do on stage. (My attention was divided by the aforementioned laptop as I was running the music and slideshow - but I should have thought that out ahead so I didn't have to give my models minimal direction and then run back to the audience. My models totally rocked it anyway though!) I also agree that more flyers would be good. I also think that since we were in a part of the convention center that hadn't been used recently, and that wasn't clearly identified on the map/guidebook app, we might have lost some people who couldn't find us.

I think it was a success for the most part - I'm so glad we had a good turnout! Here's a snapshot of the audience during the Q&A:

Posted Image

Looking forward to hopefully doing it again next year :thumbup:

#5 User is offline   Sofia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63376

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

I really loved being a model in the show!
I thought the room size was perfect and the stage was great, and I also liked that the designers had enough room to get their models ready and line up around the stage. The fact that we had such a nice backstage area was a critical part to why the show ran so smoothly. If the room was any smaller the designers and models would have been on top of each

The number one suggestion I have is hair and makeup. I think it would be good to either tell the models specifically what they need to wear in terms of hair and makeup, or allot more time for girls to get into hair and makeup.

The second suggestion is flyers and more advertisement. I think the show would have drawn an even larger crowd if more people knew about the exact location in the con center. I think in general this year ACen was a bit all over the place because of not being able to use certain venues due to the prom taking place. I think if next year ACen is back to "normal" and the fashion show can get the word out a little bit earlier I'm sure it will be even more successful!
ACen 2013 Cosplay

Friday: Crockertier Jane (Homestuck)- 10%
Saturday: Damara Megido (Homestuck)- 80%
Sunday: MAID of Time Aradia (Homestuck) - 75%

#6 User is offline   ninamori 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4046

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

i was a model in the show too and this was a definite improvement over last year. the lighting was better, the backstage was better, the ballroom was beautiful and so spacious that everyone who wanted to see the show could fit. i know several people were turned away last year since the room was so small.

i agree with comments about the location. although it was fantastic, i couldn't even find it on a map and neither could a few IRT people who i asked. but i think most people found it by the end of the weekend so i'd say if we could get that room again we could fill it even more next year. if we can't get the same location we would definitely need something big enough to accommodate the audience.

i couldn't see the show from the audience but i saw the tonnage of pictures that were taken. i really liked the fact that we had a lot of designers and they all had a very personal style. the pictures with the entire brand on stage(all of the models standing behind the designer) were really impressive because you could see that personal style really clearly.

sadly there are not a lot of comments posted -yet- but i did hear a lot of positive comments the rest of the night friday and even throughout the weekend. even though there is room for improvement i thought it was a really great show.

#7 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

Two of my friends were in the show and they keep asking me if I know where they can find photos. Does anyone have links to photos from the show? I tried to take some but I just had my cell phone, and the stage lights were too bright for it to handle so they all turned out washed-out.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users