Anime Central Forums: (for Someone who is not staying at a hotel) What to bring? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(for Someone who is not staying at a hotel) What to bring?

#1 User is offline   cgg104 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63704

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I am not staying at a hotel because I'm close enough to commute, but far enough that I can't go home and come back if I left something.

So what are some important items I should bring with me?
All comments are appreciated!

:D
Saturday- Pokeball
Sunday- Pokeball or Kanae Kotonami "Moko" (Skip Beat)

#2 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Bring all of your outside-of-con essentials: ID, money, toiletries, and phone should be at the top of your list. If you take medication, keep that on you as well. If you might be waiting in line for panel, signing or event, bring some form of entertainment with you. (Such as a DS, Vita, tablet, etc.)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#3 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

Whenever I can't stay, I usually bring a backpack with food and a place to keep Con goodies/money and ID, maybe even a water bottle. Hope this helps!
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform

#4 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Essentials:

* If you already have your badge, then MAKE SURE to bring it!

* Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothes and shoes. If there's rain, bring an umbrella and/or a jacket.

* Cash. While you can use a credit card to pay for food, parking, dealers room merchandise, and more... you might want to be careful. Cash can help you reduce your non-trivial spending. Also, some people in artist alley can't accept credit.

* A medium-sized bag to carry things. Try to find one that's durable, and that won't get ruined by rain.

* A good attitude. Be willing to talk with other people, and be courteous with con staff and local employees.

* Patience, for when you're in a line.

Less important stuff:

* A camera, or a device that can take pictures. If you bring one, make sure it's not about to run out of memory or battery power.

* A small laptop with the Guidebook webpage up. Or an iOS or Android device with the free Guidebook app installed. Make sure to download the ACen schedule, and check for updates at least once per day.

* A card game. If you're in a line, sometimes you'll find people who will enjoy a card game (anything from Uno to Cards Against Humanity). Might lead to a more interesting conversation.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users