• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Code of Amanis, a manga webcomic

#1 User is offline   DJ MesoPhunk 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63582

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hey there everyone! I'm MesoPhunk, a Canadian who's been wandering over to ACen for the past three years (this will be my fourth). Although I'm not as into anime as I once was in high school, I've still got a passion for it when I do find the time for it. My main interest though is in Japanese electronic music (particularly J-Core), live action films and some TV series. Speaking of music, I'm also a DJ and producer, with some releases in Japan and the UK. I've also got a track on FREQUENCY BLITZ, a new compilation album from Attack The Music which is debuting at ACen. Attack The Music will have a booth set up at ACen this year to sell music, and we usually play music there as well. I'll also be opening at Hardcore Synergy this year along with my good friend SymBiotiX! You'll likely find me hanging around the Attack The Music booth for most of the weekend. Come say hi!

Anyway, I wanted to post about my website and promote my manga a little bit. I've been writing this story, titled Code of Amanis, since high school, but I'm probably one of the worst artists of all time. Earlier this year I teamed up with two artists, Tiffa and Lushan in order to finally bring the comic to life. Admittedly the website is pretty generic, but it serves its purpose of bringing new images every Sunday (I'm also no programmer and have never had a website before this). I'm extremely proud of what we've produced so far, and I look forward to continuing the story throughout the year and into the foreseeable future.

You can find the website here: www.coacomic.com and as I mentioned, it updates every Sunday.

So what's it about? Well, that's hard to explain, and I'm terrible at keeping my synopses succinct, so I'll just say that at its very core, it's a tale of revenge, in many different ways. It contains familiar tropes, mostly because I wanted to explore them and play with them a little bit. I should wrap this up before I write a novel here. Looking forward to entertaining you all at Hardcore Synergy!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users