• This topic is locked

Introduction to Japanese A Japanese Language Panel

#1 User is offline   Click Reload 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22311

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

Hello everyone! I'm bringing a new panel with me this year in edition to my usual Zombie Survival 101 panels. I'm looking to bring a nice engaging panel covering the Japanese language, and to do that I need to know what you guys are looking for if you were to go to this panel. I'm in my eighth year of study with the language, and I have my N4 proficiency with the intent of earning an N2 ( if you don't know what those levels of proficiency are, don't worry the panel with cover that). Outside of going over some need to know facts about language study and proficiency I am hoping to teach the crowd some Japanese--my question to you is just what you guys are looking to learn in a two hour panel~.

I'm putting together the presentation this week with the intent of gathering any materials on before I head up from Ohio on Wednesday. I have a basic plan, but if I can add anything for you guys I definitely want to!
*~*ACen COSPLAYS 2014*~*
Piers Nivans (Resident Evil) | Uzuki Yashiro (TWEWY)

Sanji (One Piece) | Pip Bernadotte (Hellsing)

*~*ACen PANELS 2014*~*
Zombie Survival 101
Zombie Survival 101: Afternight Edition (18+)

#2 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

i think keeping it to the basics of greetings and goodbyes and how to ask for certain things something somebody traveling to japan would need to ask hope this helps :D
ACen 2014 cosplays
Entire Weekend I will either be in Neo queen serenity or Princess serenity
Past Cons
Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity v.1-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#3 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well I learned how to spell my name, how to introduce myself, and say yes, no, thank you, morning, afternoon, evening. I would like to know more of the basic like @rinzle said when one is traveling to Japan and needing to get around. I do want to know if there are any words that are pronounced differently that most people are saying wrong.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

#4 User is offline   Click Reload 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 22311

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

I can definitely go through some of the needed travel basics--having been to Japan before, there's definitely some things you need to know that I'll be happy to share. As for mispronunciation...I can go over that when I discuss general pronunciation guidelines! And if there are any words you'd like to know how to pronounce, feel free to bring a list to the panel!
*~*ACen COSPLAYS 2014*~*
Piers Nivans (Resident Evil) | Uzuki Yashiro (TWEWY)

Sanji (One Piece) | Pip Bernadotte (Hellsing)

*~*ACen PANELS 2014*~*
Zombie Survival 101
Zombie Survival 101: Afternight Edition (18+)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users