Some random questions

#1 User is offline   Faelil 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63606

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

/title

1. How much is parking around there?
2. When/where do we pick up the Kalafina tickets?
3. How long is the line for picking up passes at the a. center, or b. Hyatt (alternative pickup is there right?)
4. Why aren't more forum posts in list form? :3

#2 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

1. Depends on where you are parking. The Hyatt is $22 overnight if you are a guest. Other lots will vary.
2. This is a forum post from GR Person El Ken as of 4/15 "I am looking to make use of the Rosemont Theatre box office for ticket pickup. While I don't have those details ironed out yet, I'd like to have it open Thursday during their normal hours (I believe until 5pm), and Friday up to the time of the concert. Once again, this is not definite, but is my plan. Once I have it in writing from them, I'll post the information in the usual locations." If this is old or incorrect someone can correct me.
3. Depending on when you arrive it could be an hour to several hours. According to the ACen.org site the Hyatt registration area is just for after the Convention Center has closed.
4. Most people don't have that many things to ask I think.
All systems... GO!

#3 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostFaelil, on 05 May 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

1. How much is parking around there?

If you have a room reservation at one of the eight nearby hotels, then click on that specific one for parking costs and priviledges. If you live nearby or chose another hotel, then consider using the Rosemont Blue Line parking lot, which is just one block north of the Hyatt. It's not a dangerous neighborhood, but they do not provide any security. So if you park there with any expensive items, hide them, or store them elsewhere.

3. How long is the line for picking up passes at the a. center, or b. Hyatt (alternative pickup is there right?)

As TheStrongJaeger said, it could take a while. Back in 2011, I waited on a Thursday for about three hours. Be prepared: use a washroom first, and bring useful things such as granola bars, at least one water bottle, weather-appropriate clothes, sunblock, video and/or card games, and a positive attitude.

#4 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

/title

4. Why aren't more forum posts in list form? :3

Personal preference.

#5 User is offline   Faelil 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63606

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for all the responses. So I'm getting that arriving at around 6pm on Friday won't be good enough to catch the Kalafina concert? Also how much is parking at the Hyatt for non-guests, or at the convention center. Actually are there just other places that do have some form of "security" I guess?

#6 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostFaelil, on 06 May 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Also how much is parking at the Hyatt for non-guests, or at the convention center. Actually are there just other places that do have some form of "security" I guess?

The information that I saw states that parking at the Hyatt is reserved for guests staying at the Hyatt. The hotel's own website infers that parking is only available for their guests. Similar statements are made on ACen.org about other hotels right nearby. But I don't know if this info is up-to-date. Call the hotels if you get a chance. If they state that non-guests may park, then consider how much it will cost, and ask them about how much security they offer.

Rosemont's convention center parking garage is stated to be $13 for a 24 hour period. It includes a camera surveillance security system, which is probably good if it's late at night and you aren't traveling in a group.

#7 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 06 May 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

The information that I saw states that parking at the Hyatt is reserved for guests staying at the Hyatt. The hotel's own website infers that parking is only available for their guests. Similar statements are made on ACen.org about other hotels right nearby. But I don't know if this info is up-to-date. Call the hotels if you get a chance. If they state that non-guests may park, then consider how much it will cost, and ask them about how much security they offer.

I can confirm last year they only allowed people with a reservation to park at the Hyatt.
All systems... GO!

#8 User is offline   chalicity 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61773

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

2. When/where do we pick up the Kalafina tickets?

I was wondering this too. I think we'll pick them up at the theater. I suggest watching this topic for further details:
kalafina concert tickets forum

---

I have a question of my own, and don't know where to put it: Does anyone know the details of the speed dating event on Saturday afternoon? Is pre-registration required?

This post has been edited by chalicity: 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

---
ACen 2013 Cosplay: Codex (The Guild), Miss Fortune (League of Legends)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users