• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bag Policies?

#1 User is offline   Liana_Ilia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63176

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Can you bring bags into the convention or will there be a checking place. I have to check out of my hotel on Saturday by noon, but I wanted to come to the convention, and I will have a suitcase (which I would like to check) and a bag. I was wondering if I can have the bag in the vendor hall so I can put my stuff that I buy into it. I did not see anything on the bag policy. Thanks a lot.
-Liana Ilia

#2 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostLiana_Ilia, on 04 May 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Can you bring bags into the convention or will there be a checking place. I have to check out of my hotel on Saturday by noon, but I wanted to come to the convention, and I will have a suitcase (which I would like to check) and a bag. I was wondering if I can have the bag in the vendor hall so I can put my stuff that I buy into it. I did not see anything on the bag policy. Thanks a lot.

We have no ability to provide a bag check, due to the overwhelming liability that places on the convention. (It's a perennial struggle and a frequent request, but we just can't do it without raising badge prices and getting insurance and a whole bunch of other stuff that would probably make the convention a worse overall experience. The tradeoff's not worth it.) You might look into asking your hotel to store your bag for you until you have to leave; many hotels provide this service.

That said, we don't have any restrictions on bags in the general convention space, so it's not a big deal (as long as you stay mindful of your bag and don't run into other people with it). The only place we don't allow bags is inside our dances, and that's for safety reasons. If you happen to have a medical reason you need to carry a small bag with you into the dance - which doesn't sound like you but may apply to others looking at this thread - you should see our Customer Service team for a pass that will allow you to carry your bag with you into the dances.

In short, you should be good!
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#3 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I brought durable, reusable plastic bags to ACen 2012 in order to carry artist alley / dealers hall purchases, as well as useful things such as granola bars and camera batteries. I did not hide them from dealers and artists, because I wanted to make sure they knew that I wasn't trying to steal items.

Most grocery stores sell useful bags for a single dollar. They're not too large or small, they don't become a mess after a small amount of rain or a liquid spill, and they don't tear easily. If you need to make sure your items don't fall out, then bring a durable bag which can be sealed with a zipper or some other device.

#4 User is offline   Liana_Ilia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63176

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Thank you all very much. I will likely have to look into the hotel bag check, since I will have a small roller suitcase, but it will be difficult to even bring it into the vendor hall. But I do have another bag (sort of like a messenger bag) that I will be using. Thanks again, this was very helpful. :)
-Lina
-Liana Ilia

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users