• You cannot reply to this topic

Brainstorming Space Suits

#1 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'm making Kaguya from the Okami videogame and I was wondering if I could get some opinions on her space suit/helmet thing. I know how I'm making it (paper mache, of course), but I can't quite figure out how I'm going to get into and out of the thing once it's made. Here's what I have:

Posted Image

I stupidly put the natural opening in the front, which means I can't use it, and the whole things's too narrow (and non-stretchy) for me to fit it over my shoulders. It's also a bit too big for how stuffed my car will be once it's fully loaded with con-gear. So, the only thing I can think of is that I'm going to have to cut it in half on the sides and use some removable method to attach the parts back together once I'm in it. halves would make travel easier, too. But.... This is pretty much my answer to everything. No, really! It is. >_>;

I would love to hear somebody else's take on it. Anything -- suggestions, opinions, crazy ideas -- about cutting this thing up, putting it back together, or anything else really! Am I on the right track? Am I missing something obvious? Have you ever done anything similar? I'm all alone out here, costume-making-wise, and just really need some outside input. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users