• This topic is locked

Undead survivors Meet-up Saddly to be Unoffical

#1 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well, As the photo shoots are now set, and its unlikely i'd be able to do much on saturday for my HOTD shoot and i think the plan for having the l4d and resident evil players with the HOTD players and any zombies we can gather? Perhaps on Friday, being unofficial we should be able to snap some shots, move around and get some nice action shots while not taking up places people would need for their shoots? If this sounds good please tell me now so i can work it in my plans, perhaps some drinks or water or we can all go hang out with snacks? (we reallllly need zombie players)
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#2 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Me and my friends who will be Rika, Rei, Takagi, and a few who said they'd be willing to be zombi es can't make it Friday, because my friends are in the lolita fashion show. They're supposed to be available for makeup/wardrobe at like 2 and the show runs 6-8 pm, and I'm not sure how long it will take them to finish up after the show (plus then they will probably need to eat dinner after that, since they'll be in makeup/wearing the designers' clothing all afternoon/evening!)

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 29 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

#3 User is offline   Ovan Wolf 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61514

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Send me a message about the time and Ill try to be there with my friend who is a Hunter from L4D and I'll try to bring my riot shield too for the zombie style since it says epic fail on it. I had it last year too if anyone saw me running around saturday with it.

#4 User is offline   Alcatraz 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62809

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Got room for a BSAA SOU Operator?

#5 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Oh yeah I remember I saw your epic fail shield last year!

#6 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostAlcatraz, on 30 April 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Got room for a BSAA SOU Operator?

Always have room, I am thinking of maybe doing this another time if everyone can't do friday.

Ok, This is going to be confusing but How would thursday work? Anyone showing up early? (kind of something i've noticed for 2 years. Thursday is pre con day and alot of stuff happens
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#7 User is offline   VoicesOfChaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8996

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Yeah we are running a panel during the Resident Evil photoshoot. So if this is on Saturday then we could probably bring our RE costumes.
Cosplays
Hidan (Naruto), Jio Freed (666 Satan), Geno (Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars), Kurtis (Disgaea), Chrona (Soul Eater), Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Roy (Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi), Dark Signer Jack Atlas (Yugioh 5D's), Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero), Kiriha Aonuma (Digimon Xross Wars 7 Death Generals), Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro (Yugioh Zexal).

Cosplay.com Gallery
Facebook
YouTube

#8 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostVoicesOfChaos, on 30 April 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Yeah we are running a panel during the Resident Evil photoshoot. So if this is on Saturday then we could probably bring our RE costumes.

Hmm, maybe....maybe. I may try and make this a late night saturday thing. Let us do all kinds of fun stuff in hallways and parking lots

#9 User is offline   Ovan Wolf 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

My group will be up there Thursday so we are good for any days.

#10 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Nice....nice. any zombies for thursday

#11 User is offline   Ovan Wolf 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

My friend is going as a hunter so I know he can just throw that on at any time, I just got to get some fake blood for him.

#12 User is offline   Nicholas/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 27751

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

what time on Friday would this be? because on Friday the resident evil photoshoot is Friday night around 8 or 7 pm. WE really could use some lovely zombies
My Facebook - My Cosplay.com - My Youtube - My deviantART -
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cosplayer PlayStation Network: Cosplayer55

#13 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostNikku, on 30 April 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Always have room, I am thinking of maybe doing this another time if everyone can't do friday.

Ok, This is going to be confusing but How would thursday work? Anyone showing up early? (kind of something i've noticed for 2 years. Thursday is pre con day and alot of stuff happens

It looks like no one can really decide on a good day huh? I can't make the normal Saturday HOTD shoot because I have a panel I'm in that ends just as the shoot is starting and that panel needs me to be in a different cosplay.

I'll be at the convention Thursday night Nikku if you guys decide you want to do stuff Thursday... But just a heads up, me and Supreme Kai tried doing a Thursday HOTD meetup last year and no one but him and my group showed up along with two photographers, one being a close personal friend of mine and another someone who was interested in taking our photos. Thursday is great because you can utilize a lot of areas without having IRT on you really or places crowded with people or accidentally blocking people from passing through. I'm not sure how many people would show up though, many said they would last year on Thursday and then didn't...

Thursday is a good chance to utilize more ACEN scenery that's packed during the entire con but Friday you might be more likely to get people and more photographers available to you. Personally, my vote is for Thursday night or Friday night to do this. I cosplay Rei and my BF does Takashi and he's IRT. If you end up deciding to do this Thursday I can look into trying to find a photographer ( most of my photographer friends are booked solid Friday) and I have a friend doing Takagi but I don't know if she'll be at the con Thursday... either way for either days I could probably bring her with me as long as she'd be at the con Thursday. I'd make the shoot between the times of 8pm - 11pm Thursday or Friday. I'd probably make the shoot be Friday night, 8pm is pretty much when all photoshoots are done so make it like 9pm? Btw, good scenery for HOTD can be found in the skywalk, there's an area anyone rarely passes through that connects to a parking garage and has a really neat set of stairs there. We started filming a CMV last year there for Highschool of the Dead. I'd have group members for the shoot meet up somewhere in the Hyatt and then move to a location like that.

If you do it Friday night, Resident Evil cosplayers can come to it after their shoot too.

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#14 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 02 May 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

It looks like no one can really decide on a good day huh? I can't make the normal Saturday HOTD shoot because I have a panel I'm in that ends just as the shoot is starting and that panel needs me to be in a different cosplay.

I'll be at the convention Thursday night Nikku if you guys decide you want to do stuff Thursday... But just a heads up, me and Supreme Kai tried doing a Thursday HOTD meetup last year and no one but him and my group showed up along with two photographers, one being a close personal friend of mine and another someone who was interested in taking our photos. Thursday is great because you can utilize a lot of areas without having IRT on you really or places crowded with people or accidentally blocking people from passing through. I'm not sure how many people would show up though, many said they would last year on Thursday and then didn't...

Thursday is a good chance to utilize more ACen scenery that's packed during the entire con but Friday you might be more likely to get people and more photographers available to you. Personally, my vote is for Thursday night or Friday night to do this. I cosplay Rei and my BF does Takashi and he's IRT. If you end up deciding to do this Thursday I can look into trying to find a photographer ( most of my photographer friends are booked solid Friday) and I have a friend doing Takagi but I don't know if she'll be at the con Thursday... either way for either days I could probably bring her with me as long as she'd be at the con Thursday. I'd make the shoot between the times of 8pm - 11pm Thursday or Friday. I'd probably make the shoot be Friday night, 8pm is pretty much when all photoshoots are done so make it like 9pm? Btw, good scenery for HOTD can be found in the skywalk, there's an area anyone rarely passes through that connects to a parking garage and has a really neat set of stairs there. We started filming a CMV last year there for Highschool of the Dead. I'd have group members for the shoot meet up somewhere in the Hyatt and then move to a location like that.

If you do it Friday night, Resident Evil cosplayers can come to it after their shoot too.

I am thinking we push for it thursday. Give us a nice late span so say, we plan for people to start meeting up at 5pm, and we shoot till we are happy? BUt if that won't work for everyone (i am aware not everyone comes in early on thursday) I am pushing for starting it right after the RE Shoot. So we can all run off and start the fun as well as get a nice head count. (60 people wanting to do it will be insane to handle) But lets see, if i get no objections friday's plan works as well. a good meet up place would be. At the end of the street between the con center and the hyatt they have the what i dub "photoshoot alley" where its just rows on row of the shoots. Well the street ends for the hyatt parking lot and other side is a parking structure. I say we start meeting up at the end of the street. Gives us room, easy to spot (pink and orange hair is hard to hide even in a con full of it) And Call me nuts but if thrusday WON"T work for everyone we can make it a meet upday/night for all the others who want in on it and we can plan action shoots or even just get to talking and meeting everyone. I'm up for having us bring some drinks(none boozey) or snacks.

I was pumped to go to the thursday shoot but had a first time con goer in my group who kept leaving stuff behind so i kept making round trips halfway there. By the time we got to the room. It was 6, then we had a fight with a guy in the room next to us who kept threatening to call the cops because we where 'to loud" and we'd only been in the room for 5 minutes...soo i was tempted to break someone in half. THAT ended at 9pm....yayyyy

#15 User is offline   Ovan Wolf 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Would Thursday around 7 be good? I work nights so my group will be there around 6-7pm because i am the driver so it'll be a 4 hour drive for my group and time to get settled in the room.

#16 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Thursday any time after 6 is good for me!
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#17 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Ok, Good for the meetup aspect or the photo shoot, Hell we could do both if people want. Just if some are doing the full drive for 5 hours i'm not sure they would be keen on dressing up right away.

#18 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

We aren't coming to the hotel till Friday, and my friends have a holiday that means they can't drive until like 9 pm on Thursday (after sundown) :/ otherwise I'd ask if they might be willing to drive down just for the evening. How long would it be going on do you think?
We might be able to do Friday night if it's later in the evening, I don't have anything scheduled after the fashion show but I'd have to check with my friends if they can make it.

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 04 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

#19 User is offline   recca 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63596

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Me and my group will be there Thursday afternoon. I know some of them will wanna sleep cuz most of us work the midnight shift. I can make it to the meeting, the rest of them I don't know, but I do know they're down for the shoot on Friday.
ACen 2014

Hirano Kouta
Abarai Renji
3rd costume pending....

#20 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Ok in case people missed it. Thrusday, shall be a meet up and smaller scale shoot (if people are up for it) friday, after the RE shoot so 8PM? will be the gathering. To be held at the end of the street and moved to where ever we can for nice shots.

#21 User is offline   recca 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostNikku, on 04 May 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Ok in case people missed it. Thrusday, shall be a meet up and smaller scale shoot (if people are up for it) friday, after the RE shoot so 8PM? will be the gathering. To be held at the end of the street and moved to where ever we can for nice shots.

I guess I can show up in costume then. I know a few of my people were gonna go see star trek so I may get drgged out with them. Therefore I may not have my weapons on me.
ACen 2014

Hirano Kouta
Abarai Renji
3rd costume pending....

#22 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postrecca, on 05 May 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

I guess I can show up in costume then. I know a few of my people were gonna go see star trek so I may get drgged out with them. Therefore I may not have my weapons on me.

inform them that there is a theater right beside the Con.

#23 User is offline   recca 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostNikku, on 05 May 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

inform them that there is a theater right beside the Con.

That's the one they goto, but some are dressing up for it, well the girls are atleast, and one of them takes FOREVER to get ready so yea..
ACen 2014

Hirano Kouta
Abarai Renji
3rd costume pending....

#24 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

Just a small hint as to some of the crazy that happened last year for the mix shoot we did ourselves...because are all awesome. http://imgur.com/use...vorites/o92aF3s

#25 User is offline   Ovan Wolf 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostNikku, on 05 May 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Just a small hint as to some of the crazy that happened last year for the mix shoot we did ourselves...because are all awesome. http://imgur.com/use...vorites/o92aF3s

haha I was there for that, i was the Takashi there!

#26 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostNikku, on 05 May 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Hehe it's like duck duck goose except it's Hirano Hirano witch.

#27 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostKasumisty, on 05 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Hehe it's like duck duck goose except it's Hirano Hirano witch.

No, still duck duck goose just ..hirano..hirano..hirano..OH GOD WHY NO!!!

#28 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

well, 2 weeks till con, looks like the forum is abuzz.

#29 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

So.... 8PM Friday, at the end of the street? (Where do you mean specifically at the end of the street?) And for Thursday night... what time and location would we meet up? I think doing one Thursday and doing one Friday is a great idea =] The more the merrier. If anything, make a new friend or two out of each meetup regardless of how many people show. Teebs is my Takashi, I pretty much go where he goes, vice-versa since I'm Rei. Btw, Left4Dead and HOTD went awesome last year. I feel bad for the people who left the shoot early due to it being cold. We had fun after we relocated. Can't wait for more HOTD shenanigans.

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#30 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 06 May 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

So.... 8PM Friday, at the end of the street? (Where do you mean specifically at the end of the street?) And for Thursday night... what time and location would we meet up? I think doing one Thursday and doing one Friday is a great idea =] The more the merrier. If anything, make a new friend or two out of each meetup regardless of how many people show. Teebs is my Takashi, I pretty much go where he goes, vice-versa since I'm Rei. Btw, Left4Dead and HOTD went awesome last year. I feel bad for the people who left the shoot early due to it being cold. We had fun after we relocated. Can't wait for more HOTD shenanigans.

Ok, i'll make the ruling now so it's not going to be lost later and i'll repost it a few times to make sure its seen. But to answer you. The street, I'm planning say, the right side? (con center side) to avoid blocking the street flow for the Hotel. Both days, unless someone wants to meet inside for thrusday? (drinks and chilling out?).

THURS (starting at 6 pm till when ever).) Agreed to meeting place. Gather, meet, talk. Likely to migrate around (very likely)

Fri (starting at 8pm, (giving time for RE shoot to end) Agreed meeting place. Allow for late comers, and then likely go inside if to dark for cameras (parking structure lighting works as well)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users