• You cannot reply to this topic

Blood! blood blood blood blood blood

#1 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 25302

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

I want to use some fake blood for my boyfriend's Edward Elric cosplay -- we just need it on his face and arm -- and I have a tube of fake blood that I won as a Halloween gift, but I'm concerned about it rubbing off on things. Does anyone have tips for wearing fake blood for long periods of time? I'm also curious about home recipes. Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for DIY blood?
Merchandise salesgirl extraordinaire 2012, 2013, 2014

2014 cosplay:
Friday -- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Saturday -- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Sunday -- you guessed it, Winry again, and then zebra mask shenanigans!

my Fullmetal Alchemist tumblr

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I've never used fake blood myself, but I can tell you my recipe for DIY. All I use is that cheap paint that's like .89 cents at any store (I can't remember what kind it is--I think acrylic?) I just took an exam so my memory is ultimately failing me. XD But what I did was I just used that paint and mixed it with water. I did one part paint, two parts water. A little goes a long way with it, so you don't need very much especially if you're just putting it on his face and arm. For me it was more (but not tons) since I did a blood splatter.

Regarding it rubbing off on things, my DIY blood dried on me VERY quickly. Mine took a few minutes, it stayed on my skin well and didn't rub off. And I will tell you, I had a LOT splattered on me. If you want to feel more secure with it drying, stay outside for like 5 minutes for it to dry easy. I gave many hugs covered in paint, and I swear it stayed on great, didn't get on anyone and didn't smear! I would say the only thing that could wash it off is sweat, but that was sort of it. And the paint comes off the body easy--soap and water! I didn't have any problems with it. Hope this helps. ^_^/>

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 29 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 29 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I've never used fake blood myself, but I can tell you my recipe for DIY. All I use is that cheap paint that's like .89 cents at any store (I can't remember what kind it is--I think acrylic?) I just took an exam so my memory is ultimately failing me. XD But what I did was I just used that paint and mixed it with water. I did one part paint, two parts water. A little goes a long way with it, so you don't need very much especially if you're just putting it on his face and arm. For me it was more (but not tons) since I did a blood splatter.

Regarding it rubbing off on things, my DIY blood dried on me VERY quickly. Mine took a few minutes, it stayed on my skin well and didn't rub off. And I will tell you, I had a LOT splattered on me. If you want to feel more secure with it drying, stay outside for like 5 minutes for it to dry easy. I gave many hugs covered in paint, and I swear it stayed on great, didn't get on anyone and didn't smear! I would say the only thing that could wash it off is sweat, but that was sort of it. And the paint comes off the body easy--soap and water! I didn't have any problems with it. Hope this helps. ^_^/>/>

That bathtub looked like someone died in it....
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#4 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

One of the most used recipes is corn oil, corn starch, and red food coloring. Mix to desired consistency.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users