• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cosplay Costume and PG13?

#1 User is offline   NightElf 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63562

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hello again. This is my first time going to Anime Central and I checked out quite a few photos from the past and saw a few revealing costumes. All of them looked great and I was not offended. Mine is revealing too. I guess I am just wondering what the general thought is on what pg13 means? Is a thong outside of pg13 if it is part of a costume and is covered with a cloak, so only the side is seen? I have seen a few Cammy White Street fighters that seem to be acceptable. What are your thoughts on p13? Have a magical day...

#2 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

As long as you don't show in the private areas such as pubic hair, groin area, etc. it should be fine.

Or bare chest.

#3 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Just for that i'm going in just a tight doctor Rockso tight thong. Man boob for all!
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#4 User is offline   Kyu_sama 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19132

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

The most I saw was at my first ACen, there was a Felicia from darkstalkers (the usual) and she had nothing but a small pad on her nips and was wearing a furry thong. Anything past that I guess is unacceptable.
ACen 2014 photos: http://www.facebook....20806810&type=1
2014 Fairy Tail shoot: https://www.facebook...85571810&type=1
ACen 2015 Goal: $500 +hotel (progress: $0)
ACen 2015 cosplay: Ultimate spiderman (miles morales), Anbu black ops, Gray Fullbuster (with ice-make arrow), Scorpio (fairy tail)
ACen 2015 cosplay progress: U. Spiderman-99%, Anbu-0%, Gray-0%, Scorpio -0%
Hardcore Synergy + Soap Bubble = awesomeness!

#5 User is offline   Mykaios 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62599

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

Some cosplayers wear dance tights with their leg/revealing costumes, in a matching skin tone color. Plus, it'll hide any imperfections :)
Visit and like my cosplay page :)

#6 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

Officially speaking, costumes must cover areas that would be covered by a swimsuit. (Most folks get around that by doing what Mykaios said. :) )
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#7 User is offline   Friskies 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49563

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'd go with the swimsuit rule. Most cons I've been too usually have a policy where a certain amount of skin must be covered. ACen to me, seems pretty lax about it so long as no private areas are being shown. Although, the past couple of years that I've worn some....skimpier outfits, I've had IRT be fine with it, or IRT say I can't wear it. SO definitely be on the look out for updated rules and policies, or if you know a specific cosplay I'd just go ahead and ask. It can't hurt anything and you'd already know far ahead of time to make plans on how to make it more acceptable for the convention scene!
ACen 2013

Handsome Jack with Diamond Pony (Borderlands 2)

#8 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

I'd say, if it's something that you would only feel comfortable wearing in a bedroom then you're probably going over the line, Ie. anything that is way to sheer and revealing private areas that you wouldn't want shown at the beach. Dancing tights are great, I would suggest though that if you intend to dress skimpy for skimpy sake remember to stay classy and don't wear it until the after hours as there are more kids coming to ACen, and I don't think their parents would want you to have to explain what a person is wearing.

Also I'm wondering about the guys too? I know we had a swimmer cosplayer from Pokémon, in a speedo and a parent didn't feel it was a good thing for his kid to see, so what are the rules regarding cosplay like that?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#9 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 06 June 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

I'd say, if it's something that you would only feel comfortable wearing in a bedroom then you're probably going over the line, Ie. anything that is way to sheer and revealing private areas that you wouldn't want shown at the beach. Dancing tights are great, I would suggest though that if you intend to dress skimpy for skimpy sake remember to stay classy and don't wear it until the after hours as there are more kids coming to ACen, and I don't think their parents would want you to have to explain what a person is wearing.

Also I'm wondering about the guys too? I know we had a swimmer cosplayer from Pokémon, in a speedo and a parent didn't feel it was a good thing for his kid to see, so what are the rules regarding cosplay like that?

As to speedos: they cover what needs to be covered. Some parents aren't gonna be keen on costumes like that, but they go with the territory, so it's a matter of using good judgment. If you're wearing a speedo and your assets are quite obvious, you may want to consider wearing other stuff underneath to help make them less, ah, apparent.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users