• You cannot reply to this topic

Hullo all! o v o

#1 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hello ACen forum! Thought I should finally introduce myself on here!

I am Twilight Sparkle, or Anu. :') I attending Purdue Cal currently for a Doctorate in Foreign Languages with intentions to transfer to Purdue West Lafayette next fall. Languages are my hardcore passion. Just being immersed in another places culture and language and than remembering we all live on the same earth! I just think that is something really beautiful. Currently, I can only confidently say I am half way fluent in Japanese. But I also will also be taking German, Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Arabic. With my degree, I plan on taking the bar test and trying to get into the UN to be one of their political translators. After a few high stakes decades there, I plan on retiring, nabbing myself a teaching degree, and teach languages at either an elementary or high school level.

As for going to ACen, this is going to be my 5th year in attendance. I didn't attend last year due to the fact I was to study for half a month in June over in Japan and wished to conserve the money. All in all, this is also my first year cosplaying all weekend, too. To be honest, I've wanted to cosplay ever since my first ACen but only just within the year gained the confidence to run around in wigs and colored contacts and not give a frick what people thought of me. My first was actually Twilight Sparkle and I got so much love, high fives, hugs, and pictures, that I actually started to cry. I was so overwhelmed. I thought I was terrible, yet everyone who saw me thought I was amazing! The turning point that really made me feel special was this little girl, I would put her around the age of 6 or so. She ran right up to me and just glomped my legs. She then told me how 'I' was her favorite character and how happy she was that 'I' had made so many new friends in Ponyville and how she related to me since she didn't have too many friends either and she asked me for friendship advice. It was seriously the cutest thing ever. Gosh it just really cemented how magical cosplay could be to some people. Anywho!

I've watched a poop ton of anime. High ranking favorites have to be Neon Genesis Evangelion, Higurashi, Magi, and Puella Magi Madoka ✩ Magica. Cartoon wise, I obviously watch MLP. But I am not on the level of brony/pegasister fan. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I like to sit back and kind of criticize it and not worship it like every little thing from the show is a product of God. I also really enjoy the new Marvel/DC reboot movies and Star Trek. Heck, I went back and watched TOS and TNG that's how much I liked Star Trek.

Hobbies? I enjoy dem Vidya Gaems. Just finished up Bioshock Infinite and plan on getting Dragon's Dogma for my next game. I really, realllly enjoy the Fantasy RPG genre of video games. I also quite enjoy Tumblr. Books are also awesome and I have a shelf wall that is pretty much filled. My mum calls in my mini Library.

Uhhhhm.... I guess that about sums me up?? Derp derp, I am also in charge of the MLP:FiM gathering this year. :')
I hope we can be friends, yo~!
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#2 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 25 April 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

I plan on taking the bar test

Posted Image

Are you going for a juris doctorate as well somewhere in there?
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#3 User is offline   General_Iowa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62852

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Come to my Eva panel Twilight. Its Saturday at 10:30 am. The more Eva fans we get the better as we want to have this panel done yearly if possible, and also with the release of 3.33 we've got much to cover
Come to rebuildofevangelion.org and join our new and exciting community.

Follow me on Twitter at @NewEvaOrder for all your Eva needs

Come to the Rebuild of Evangelion panels across the country!

#4 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 25 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Nah. It's not really the juris bar test, it's just what I use to help describe it I guess? They only let in around 2 or 3 people a year out of the hundreds that take the test. Wrong wording choice, I know, it's just what I have been using to describe it these last few years.
Although my mother says I should just become a lawyer since I like to argue so much. Lol.

View PostGeneral_Iowa, on 25 April 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

I have been watching that Eva panel since day one of me on the forums. \o/ So I will defiantly be there.
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Frozen - Anna

#5 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hello there~! You've sure been insanely active for a new forum member x____x -looks at the amount of posts you've made- I've seen you around once or twice in a topic. Oh hey, Crown Point, Indiana o.o You're near Merrillville (in that case, look into Ramencon if you have or have not been to it). Ramencon is always having Pre-con events in Indiana or nearby if you're looking to meet more con people. Please tell me you've been to the candy factory "Albanese" which is probably like 15-25 minutes most from you. I love that place. Me & the BF, Teebs (on the forums) go down to Indiana a lot. Oh hey you'll be transferring to Purdue Lafayette eventually... I have a friend (Momo Kurumi) who goes to Purdue in Lafayette and runs the anime club there. Small world. When you go there, check it out. Anyways... *cough* It's a pleasure to meet you! What a great experience to have had! Waaa~ I've always wanted a kid to come up to me and say something cute while I'm in cosplay. What an awesome experience. I never really see many kids at ACEN strangely enough... then again, I must wake up too late for that. You are made of awesome wanting to tackle all those languages. Great choice in anime. You and Alkaren are gonna get along great. He loves his ponies and Madoka xD Hope to see you around the forums and the con! =] If you ever need help with forum matters please contact one of us mods/forum staff and we'll be happy to help you.

Ashley Elizabeth, C2Queen
Art & Publications, Forum Staff

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#6 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hello! One of my coworkers is craaazy into Bioshock. It looks like a pretty awesome game.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#7 User is offline   ~Ichigo~ 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 43847

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Welcome to the forums :D!

#8 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 25 April 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hehuheuheu~ Being in charge of a large fandom's gathering helps gaining posts numbers. ;'3 Plus I get the pings on my phone whenever someone replies to a topic I've started so that is majorly helpful in racking those up. Oh gosh Albanese. I just actually went there yesterday to get my monthly supply of gummy bears, chocolates and jelly beans. It is so nice being so close to it. ლ(´ڡ`ლ) If you like there and come down here a lot, have you ever been to Deep River? It's a nice day trip!
Ramencon is actually where I was cosplaying Twilight! I on and off go to the events they have but I mostly go with friends. All of us here were really surprised when they sprang up a few years ago and have been going ever since. It's really nice since we can go back to our actual beds and showers after a long day at the con and I can actually stand the rave they have for a little while, as the one at ACen really triggers my claustrophobia since it's like 50x more people.
And thanks for the well wishes in my studies! I foresee that I will have the hardest time with the Chinese since the kanji factor. And I will always want to use the Japanese kanji and not the Chinese and it is going to get so confusing so fast with those two. Bluh. I plan on joining a few clubs when I get down there, Anime club included!

View PostWhodigiya, on 25 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

It really is! I quite enjoyed Infinite but really enjoy the original two a lot.

View Post~Ichigo~, on 25 April 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Thank you~! u w u
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Frozen - Anna

#9 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 25 April 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hehuheuheu~ Being in charge of a large fandom's gathering helps gaining posts numbers. ;'3 Plus I get the pings on my phone whenever someone replies to a topic I've started so that is majorly helpful in racking those up. Oh gosh Albanese. I just actually went there yesterday to get my monthly supply of gummy bears, chocolates and jelly beans. It is so nice being so close to it. ლ(´ڡ`ლ) If you like there and come down here a lot, have you ever been to Deep River? It's a nice day trip!
Ramencon is actually where I was cosplaying Twilight! I on and off go to the events they have but I mostly go with friends. All of us here were really surprised when they sprang up a few years ago and have been going ever since. It's really nice since we can go back to our actual beds and showers after a long day at the con and I can actually stand the rave they have for a little while, as the one at ACen really triggers my claustrophobia since it's like 50x more people.
And thanks for the well wishes in my studies! I foresee that I will have the hardest time with the Chinese since the kanji factor. And I will always want to use the Japanese kanji and not the Chinese and it is going to get so confusing so fast with those two. Bluh. I plan on joining a few clubs when I get down there, Anime club included!

I see >:3 OMG. IM SO JEALOUS. Me & Teebs were supposed to go this past weekend but we were at a Ramencon pre-con event in Valparaiso at Inman's Funland and didn't realize Albanese closed at 5 on Sunday T//T ALL THE GLORIOUS CANDY I MISSED OUT ON. LUCKY!!! I don't go to many pre-con events but me and the BF try. Deep River... Sounds familiar... I feel like Teebs has mentioned it -thinking- WAIT. THATS THAT WATERPARK. I think he's been there because now that you mention it, he mentions it to me every now and then about going there in the summer. REALLY?! *____* YES! I love Ramencon. I actually decided to go there its first year because it was on my birthday the first year and only like 2 hours away from me. So I dragged some friends along and spread the word that I was going to check it out and lots of my other friends came x33 I've been to both years so far. The first year I got sang to on stage by Fanservice Renji for my birthday and given flowers, etc. And at Travis Willinghams panel the first year he sang me a funny Happy Birthday song. I was a Masquerade announcer on stage this past year and did all the nice paperwork, lines, etc (logistics) for the masquerade. Momo Kurumi actually runs the Masquerade at Ramencon and her and my close friend and an acquaintance were the judges. And this past year I also ran a panel at Ramencon "Anime Underground: After Dark" which I'm running edition #2 this upcoming year and already started the long process of making my panel video x____x Maybe I've run into you or seen you...

Ughhhh. Yeah and after a while you realize how the Soap Bubble got its title. Plus... DAT WATERFALL POOL AT RAMENCON. [Not dissing ACEN, I love ACEN] Yeah I'm Claustrophobic too and got stuck in that giant crowd where people were packing me in like a sardine. Luckily there was a large open space in the far left corner I was able to dance with friends at and not feel so Claustrophobic. I wish you the best of luck with that. I know how difficult Kanji, Hiragana, & Katakana can be in general... I used to study somewhat into Japanese (now I barely remember anything). I took French in highschool and remember conjugating, that was the worst... YAY! Maybe you'll meet Momo. She's so awesome x3

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

#10 User is offline   MsSilverFox 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63526

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hello! I've got the same type of fan opinion on MLP:FiM as you do. It's cute and good but I'm not about to worship it like I see other people doing. I'll have to check out your panel if it doesn't conflict with another one. This is going to be my first year cosplaying too. I probably wouldn't have had the guts to do it by myself if I wasn't going with my friends who are. I've seen a demo of Dragon's Dogma and want to get it but I'm making myself wait til I beat at least one of the games I have before getting a new one lol.
[center]ACen 2014 potential Cosplays
Arf-Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Human form)
Hayate-(remaking with better wings and staff)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Erza-Fairy Tail

#11 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 25 April 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

(ノ゚0゚)ノ THE EVENT AT INMANS?! I WAS THERE.
I had on my fawn/deep makeup with my friend. We derped around for a half hour or so and then went and did a photoshoot with our fawn makeup on since it was so nice and I had my Canon with me. GOSH I SERIOUSLY FEEL LIKE WE HAVE AT LEAST SEEN EACH OTHER. Obviously it's after ACen, but we should totally chat it up if you come to the one at Zao Island in June. I plan on going with a MLP cosplay team for the laser tag.
Yeah though! The Deep River is really a nice attraction here! The rides are really fun and don't have as long of a wait as Six Flags. They have a mini version of that hurricane ride and it is just so fun to ride.
Oh gosh Ramencon though. I love the Radisson. They are all so classy and pretty. I will also be sure to attend your panel! I am also gonna try and get an MLP panel in to discuss the shows workings and writings, the bronys, and how the show is fairing in Japan. Plus a Ask A Character hunk and a fun trivia game. :'3 I am gonna see how it goes and try to get ACen to okay it for their 2014 panels and concentrate more on how it is fairing in Japan since they will be wrapping up season 2 around this time next year.

View PostMsSilverFox, on 25 April 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Hi there~
The gathering time slots we have is Friday at 2 and Saturday at 4. :') I'll be the midget in the Twilight get up by the photographer trying to keep everything organized and under control! Lol.
Oh gosh Dragon's Dogma though. You can PARKOUR ON YOUR ENEMIES. That is seriously the coolest thing ever. Plus a new copy is only like 28 bucks with my GameStop rewards program thingy.
May I inquire as to whom you are cosplaying this year? :'D
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Frozen - Anna

#12 User is offline   MsSilverFox 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63526

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hayate from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. Gonna try to see if I have the funds after my next check to make her staff myself and if not I'll have it made for next year.
[center]ACen 2014 potential Cosplays
Arf-Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Human form)
Hayate-(remaking with better wings and staff)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Erza-Fairy Tail

#13 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 25 April 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

(ノ゚0゚)ノ THE EVENT AT INMANS?! I WAS THERE.
I had on my fawn/deep makeup with my friend. We derped around for a half hour or so and then went and did a photoshoot with our fawn makeup on since it was so nice and I had my Canon with me. GOSH I SERIOUSLY FEEL LIKE WE HAVE AT LEAST SEEN EACH OTHER. Obviously it's after ACen, but we should totally chat it up if you come to the one at Zao Island in June. I plan on going with a MLP cosplay team for the laser tag.
Yeah though! The Deep River is really a nice attraction here! The rides are really fun and don't have as long of a wait as Six Flags. They have a mini version of that hurricane ride and it is just so fun to ride.
Oh gosh Ramencon though. I love the Radisson. They are all so classy and pretty. I will also be sure to attend your panel! I am also gonna try and get an MLP panel in to discuss the shows workings and writings, the bronys, and how the show is fairing in Japan. Plus a Ask A Character hunk and a fun trivia game. :'3 I am gonna see how it goes and try to get ACen to okay it for their 2014 panels and concentrate more on how it is fairing in Japan since they will be wrapping up season 2 around this time next year.

Posted Image

You were there?! O____o Me & Teebs were there together since it started until it was pretty much over. Chris (Ramencon Con Chair) took a few pictures of us using the Llama errr Alpaca or whatever plush and blinded us XD We probably have seen each other considering we were at the same place this past weekend. lol. Wonder if I saw you... I didn't get to cosplay because we were busy and had been in Indiana to dog sit anyways. But I wish I would have partially cosplayed. (Pic from this past weekend of Me & Teebs)

Posted Image

That was probably one of the first pre-con events we were able to make. After ACEN I'll definitely have Teebs look into having us go (he's the one with money XD) Omg. That sounds so awesome. Really? Ooooooooooooo. I LOVE WATERPARKS. IM LIKE A FISH, SERIOUSLY. Sounds AMAZING! Now I really want to go to Deep River T////T Really? I'm probably gonna put something like 150+ hours into this panel video. No kidding. The intro amv alone took me almost 40 hours to edit already x____x I hope my panel will get a lot of attendance and that people will really enjoy it like last year. Its pretty much abridged series stuff, funny Japanese commercials (anime or non-anime related), anime related pop culture vids, funny/random anime scenes, old Toonami stuff, etc. It's retro, it's got internet related stuff, new anime and old anime scenes, amv crack, inspiring amvs and or commercials. It's an overall good time. Sounds like a pretty informative panel. I've always been curious how the Brony thing started and why... It's big in Japan too? O.o

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users