Anime Central Forums: The First Twilight: An Umineko Gameboard - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The First Twilight: An Umineko Gameboard Knoxians? I hate those guys...

#1 User is offline   Catas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 48999

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

"The First Twilight" is an interactive mass murder mystery where a prewritten story is told to an audience and they try to solve the mystery in real time. It will put your reasoning skills to the test as if you yourself were a great detective like Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poirot! Although the panel is based on the visual novel, manga, and anime "Umineko no Naku Koro Ni" (When the seagulls cry), no prior knowledge of the series is necessary to participate. There will be no spoilers either, and I intentionally mess with the canon lore in order to avoid any established events from being used as meta knowledge to solve the mystery. As such, I ask for you not discuss the game during the panel as others may not have read the series in full. But there will be characters from the second half of the series in this year's story.

Following my panel last year, which gathered a decent group of people by word of mouth alone (I had come early to check my room and it was not to my liking and had the schedule changed in order to better fit what I wanted), I decided to run another murder mystery panel, this time following Knox's decalouge as interpreted by the Umineko series. Instead of being told a story and you, the audience, try to provide theories on who actually committed the murders and the game master (myself),and deny those theories by providing "red truths", this time around I will shoot down the theories themselves using Knox's laws.

For those of you who went to last year's panel, you will remember that the final culprit was determined to have been "Maria" as I could not deny her committing the crimes without revealing the true culprit, resulting in the audience being the victor. In actuality, it was Rosa who committed the murders, and because Maria was an accomplice in one of the killings, I could not deny that she was not the killer.

In contrast to last year, there will be no continual story being told and you ask for red truths, instead it'll be presented like a court case. The story will be told from the perspective of a survivor of the massacre at the end of the game, who may or may not also be the culprit themselves. During the period that used to be listing red truths will now be "testimonials", where you ask questions involving the current murder and I will provide a statement by one of the survivors of the time or evidence found that is tied to that event. At the end, there will be time where evidence can be reiterated or new evidence will be found (depending on time left). If the audience can come up with a theory to what happened that follows Knox's laws, they win. Otherwise the witch shall be revived and none shall survive.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by Catas: 23 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

ACen 2013:

Kamijou Touma [To Aru Majutsu no Index]
Ronald A. Knox [Umineko no Naku Koro ni]
Surprise Cosplay [Umineko no Naku Koro ni]

#2 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh
Finally! One of these murder mystery panels I can get into!
If I don't have any schedule conflicts, expect to see me there!
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#3 User is offline   Catas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 48999

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for everyone who came, and sorry for those who forgot about the panel, got lost looking for it, or were turned away due to the initial full room.
For those who haven't heard, Kinzo, the family head, was this year's culprit, though technically it was a fake Kinzo who took his place (Which is why his dead body showed up but Kinzo was still seen wandering around).

I hope to run this again next year with a new mystery and a new culprit. Any feedback given would be much appreciated, one someone told me so far was to set up some way to keep track of all the dead/missing people. Next year I'll be using the in-game profiles on a projector to do just that.
ACen 2013:

Kamijou Touma [To Aru Majutsu no Index]
Ronald A. Knox [Umineko no Naku Koro ni]
Surprise Cosplay [Umineko no Naku Koro ni]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users