Anime Central Forums: The New Challengers - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The New Challengers Till the next challenge...

#1 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

The New Challengers is a small, but growing community, that strives to give back to the troops and civilians overseas by bringing them gaming entertainment and paraphernalia. Right now, a few of my friends and I are running the group and a few of us are in Afghanistan right now (myself included). We just recently started growing awareness of our group so we're only on two different bases right now. We are trying our best to reach out and make ourselves known so that we may be able to reach out to bases back in the USA as well.

We are NOT an official charity right now so most of what we do comes out of pocket. Most of the Challengers are civilian contractors doing all this on our off time.

We started out as a club that met at the USO and played round-robin Street Fighter 4. When the USO copy of the game broke we donated a copy to the USO and from there we donated other games like Persona 4 Arena, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken 6/Tag 2, and BlazBlue. Then we talked to the staff and they allowed us to start hosting tournaments at the center. Soon we had a tightknit group of friends meeting almost daily and weekly events to host that drew even more people. Our first Street Fighter tournament had 16 competitors and the most we've had for a fighting game was 26 for Tekken Tag 2. We started hosting Black Ops 2 tournaments (easy 30+ competitors) and realized that we could really make something out of what we're doing.

All that said, just check out our Facebook page and take a look at all the photos we got of use doing what we do. More get added as events occur and I try to keep the page updated often.

Thanks for your time!
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users