• This topic is locked

Elegant Sweet 16 Tea Party

#1 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Anime Central is pleased to present an exclusive, limited seating Tea Party, hosted by Atelier Pierrot designers Yuko Ashizawa and Eichi, and Enchantlic Enchantilly designer Fumiko Kawamura!
The tea party will take place Sunday, May 19th from 1:15 PM until 3:15 PM at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare, in the London room (on the international level of the hotel). An advance-purchase ticket is required to enter the event, and tickets are limited.

The menu will include an assortment of teas, sweets, and finger sandwiches, and will be posted here prior to the event.
Please make note of the following requirements before purchasing a ticket:
Dress Code:
While lolita attire is not technically required, it is expected. Additionally, wearing of Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot is required for this event. Please also note that wearing of replicas to this event is highly discouraged. For lolitas who are bringing dates, black- or white-tie formalwear is acceptable, as are formal military, fire, or law enforcement uniforms with supporting credentials.

Cosplay is not permitted. Any and all cosplay ensembles are inappropriate. Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Purposefully replicating anime characters and their respective outfits
• Purposefully replicating brand-themed coordinates (such as those in advertising or print campaigns) in a cosplay-like style or manner
• Mana cosplay
• Chii ears, Naruto headbands, cosplay wigs, etc.
• Cosplay-related props and/or weapons
Anyone wearing cosplay or any outfit deemed inappropriate will be asked to change or leave the event.
General Conduct:
Due to the limited space and liabilities involved, no dolls will be allowed at the tea party. Seating will be assigned on an individual basis. Asking for autographs outside of any designated autograph session is prohibited. Outside food and drink, and solicitations of any kind are strictly prohibited at this event. In consideration of others, please set all mobile communication devices to silent mode. Should you have to communicate with your mobile device, we ask that you temporarily excuse yourself from the party.
Ticketing:
Single ticket price is $50.00. All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets are bound to a specific Anime Central badge when purchased. Both the tea party ticket and the Anime Central badge it is bound to must be presented to gain entry to the event.
Tea party tickets will go on sale Wednesday, April 24th at precisely 3:00 PM CDT.
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2 User is offline   Artemis Cangee 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8691

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

May I ask here for clarification of "While lolita attire is not technically required, it is expected. Additionally, wearing of Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot is required for this event. ". Last year wearing a headbow or blouse from Angelic Pretty was ok for attending the tea party- will the same rule apply here or will an attendees "main piece" (skirt, jumperskirt, or one piece) be required to be from Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot in order to be able to attend? Thanks!
Cosplays for 2013: Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon)
Lucy from Fairy Tail

Cosplay 2012: Elsie (The World God Only Knows)
Cosplay 2011: Lunatic Charm (Shugo Chara)
Cosplay 2010: Dokoro-Chan, Ren (DearS, School Uniform)
Cosplay 2009: Cardcaptor Sakura, Risa (LoveCom)
Cosplay 2008: Fuu Houjii

#3 User is offline   Ita-chan 

• IRT
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18016

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on 22 April 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Anime Central is pleased to present an exclusive, limited seating Tea Party, hosted by Atelier Pierrot designers Yuko Ashizawa and Eichi, and Enchantlic Enchantilly designer Fumiko Kawamura!
The tea party will take place Sunday, May 19th from 1:15 PM until 3:15 PM at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare, in the London room (on the international level of the hotel). An advance-purchase ticket is required to enter the event, and tickets are limited.

The menu will include an assortment of teas, sweets, and finger sandwiches, and will be posted here prior to the event.
Please make note of the following requirements before purchasing a ticket:
Dress Code:
While lolita attire is not technically required, it is expected. Additionally, wearing of Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot is required for this event. Please also note that wearing of replicas to this event is highly discouraged. For lolitas who are bringing dates, black- or white-tie formalwear is acceptable, as are formal military, fire, or law enforcement uniforms with supporting credentials.

Cosplay is not permitted. Any and all cosplay ensembles are inappropriate. Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Purposefully replicating anime characters and their respective outfits
• Purposefully replicating brand-themed coordinates (such as those in advertising or print campaigns) in a cosplay-like style or manner
• Mana cosplay
• Chii ears, Naruto headbands, cosplay wigs, etc.
• Cosplay-related props and/or weapons
Anyone wearing cosplay or any outfit deemed inappropriate will be asked to change or leave the event.
General Conduct:
Due to the limited space and liabilities involved, no dolls will be allowed at the tea party. Seating will be assigned on an individual basis. Asking for autographs outside of any designated autograph session is prohibited. Outside food and drink, and solicitations of any kind are strictly prohibited at this event. In consideration of others, please set all mobile communication devices to silent mode. Should you have to communicate with your mobile device, we ask that you temporarily excuse yourself from the party.
Ticketing:
Single ticket price is $50.00. All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets are bound to a specific Anime Central badge when purchased. Both the tea party ticket and the Anime Central badge it is bound to must be presented to gain entry to the event.
Tea party tickets will go on sale Wednesday, April 24th at precisely 3:00 PM CDT.

for clarification, by "wearing of Enchantlic Enchantilly or Atelier Pierrot is required" does that mean the dresscode will be like Angelic Pretty's teaparty from last year? Will handmade or offbrand or bodyline be allowed if or if with Chantilly or Atlier Pierrot accessories or pieces? Thankyou!

#4 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

I will ask for clarification :)
MAPS Director

#5 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Artelier Pierrot and Chantilly were the same hosts for the Sakuracon tea party and the rules were open to allow people to wear other lolita brands. Since the Saxony company that owns them both also owns Angelic Pretty and they're running an exhibit hall booth together, is it not possible for Angelic Pretty attire to be allowed?

#6 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17938

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Actually Saxony does not own these brands - they work with the brands to set up fashion events and they function as importers/distributors (not sure the correct word to use) to sell the brands in the US, and I assume they own Harajuku Hearts, and own (or maybe franchise) the SF Angelic Pretty store.

While I was also expecting a similar lack of brand requirement as with the Sakuracon show, it also makes sense that a party hosted by brand designers would want their own brands worn to the party. I only wish there had been more notice as I'm sure a bunch of us are now scrambling to put together outfits. I'm still super excited for the event!

#7 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

The Saxony website just says they manage all 3. I just think it's kind of odd to exclude one brand when they're all hosting a booth together.

https://www.saxonyap...m/our-portfolio

#8 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

They manage the brands in terms of distribution and events in the US, but they aren't a parent company of the brands or anything like that.

To be clear, what I'm about to say is all assumption on my part - I don't know the details of their business arrangements, but I would assume they have agreements with the various brands that allow them to share retail space and a convention booth, but I don't think that means that everything can overlap. I assume that's why AP and HH are separate retail spaces, for example. If there was not a brand requirement for the party, then it might be different, but these are all still separate brands, even if they are sharing a "manager". While Atelier Pierrot and Enchantillic Enchantilly designers are jointly hosting the event (so wearing either brand is okay), wearing a different brand is a bit weird. It might be just as weird as showing up to last year's AP party in head-to-toe Baby, you know?

#9 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

But since they share the same management and a booth, they're much more related than a completely different brand like Baby. I just think it's weird since there wasn't this restriction at the Sakuracon convention with the same hosts. Maybe they got annoyed or something.

#10 User is offline   lainee 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61683

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

I hope we get some clarification soon. I'm stressing out a little. :(

#11 User is offline   vomitrocity 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58898

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

View Postmeef, on 23 April 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

But since they share the same management and a booth, they're much more related than a completely different brand like Baby. I just think it's weird since there wasn't this restriction at the Sakuracon convention with the same hosts. Maybe they got annoyed or something.

No. If anything it makes them more directly competition. You can walk in one doorway and choose to buy an AP garment or a Chantilly garment, or an AtPi garment. You can not walk in one door and choose to buy an AP garment or a BtSSB garment. Having the same manager for distribution does not make two companies be the same company. You can go to Target and buy two separate "Target Exclusive" items and the money will go two separate directions. Companies exist to make a profit, regardless of how much they convince their customers that they exist to make them happy.

#12 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Everyone got their dress tags ready? :mellow:
ACen 14"
Utsuho- From Touhou 100%
404 Cosplay Not Found
*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#13 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Might I ask if the designers were at the Sakuracon event? Maybe there was some policy there that disallowed the idea of having a brand exclusive event? The reason I asked if the actual designers were not there that might have allowed for a more relaxed dress policy. Certain groups, not sure about the lolita brands, but in other clothing cases, some groups allow for a more relaxed dress code for some events when the actual designers are not there. When they are the rules are more strict, this is just a guess on my part, but maybe because we have the desingers actually there the code is more in line with "Show us your love with wearing our brands."

I honestly wish there could be just a "Tea Party" without the whole fuss of "You have to wear X to attend." Because to me that doesn't make a fun event, especially when the sizing of the clothing is designed for a particular body type in some cases. Mind you not all brands do that, but it's like the difference between European and American sizes, the ones from Europe tend to be cut straighter while here in the states it's more of a curve due to the shape of different body types. Just kind of sad when you find the right outfit, and then it turns out you can't wear it because it's not "X brand". Of course having the accessories helps, but then sometimes it would be nice to show off a outfit without the question of "Is it a replica of X" being constantly on the mind of people. Not to say that this event won't be fun, just that I wish that there could be one that was:

1. Cheaper in price, say 25 dollars at most.

and

2. Where you could wear outfits that didn't have to be "X brand" to attend.

Maybe next year rather then having the designers host the event have just ACen do it and allow for all brands and the like.

Just a thought.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#14 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

While we eagerly await dress code confirmation, I have another question. I only vaguely remember the process last year, but will the ticket buying involve purchasing from the website after logging into our account (the same account we used to purchase our badge)? I have a panelist badge, so I just want to make sure I don't have to do anything special to get a tea party ticket.

#15 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

I got some clarification from ElKen. Its at least one item, including an accessory, that needs to be from the designers. Terribly sorry about the wait.
MAPS Director

#16 User is offline   TheOsakaKoneko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 21009

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

There are lots of other Lolita events during the con that you can attend without being a Pierrot or chantilly fan, and lots outside the con. This is a unique and awesome opportunity to meet the designers and gush about one brand. It's totally fair to expect people to wear somethin from that brand. It's giving us Americans an opportunity like fans in Japan would have. I feel like there's no need to feel like its unfair to add that to all the other more open ended Lolita events we also have. It's just more and extra and awesome

If you want to see something else, check out the indies designer fashion show Friday night, the many panels, the many more informal gatherings.. There are tons of great events!

#17 User is offline   ninamori 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4046

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postedelweiss, on 23 April 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

While we eagerly await dress code confirmation, I have another question. I only vaguely remember the process last year, but will the ticket buying involve purchasing from the website after logging into our account (the same account we used to purchase our badge)? I have a panelist badge, so I just want to make sure I don't have to do anything special to get a tea party ticket.

i'm concerned about the ticket info too. i won't have access to the internet that entire day so i need someone to buy tickets for me and i need to tell her how and where to log in. i don't even see info about this event on ACen's website. can the ticket purchasing process be made as simple as possible? *crosses fingers*

This post has been edited by ninamori: 23 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

#18 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

http://www.acen.org/...-16-tea-party-0 The link will show up at the top of this page which is on the main page of the site as well.
MAPS Director

#19 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

I understand that this is event is about the specific brand, but like Dark Spellmaster mentioned above, I think that this event is excluding a whole lot of people.
a) those who cannot fit into their clothing
b ) those who cannot AFFORD the price for their clothing.

I think that all lolita attire should be welcome as long as it's fairly decent. And even the definition of "fairly decent" can be argued, I suppose.

With all due respect to the designers of these brands, I have seen a lot of beautiful handmade (non brand) lolita apparel by people of all shapes and sizes, and I feel that this should be appreciated. People are paying $50 to just get in to this event, and I think the brand restrictions (show me your tag) are not only giving this event an elitist feel, but an exclusionary feel as well. I understand this is a high culture event aimed at a certain demographic, but make it so the struggling college student who just barely scraped together a beautiful outfit can attend.

This post has been edited by jenchan: 24 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#20 User is offline   TheOsakaKoneko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

::shrug:: Yep. Pretty much, you're not wrong. This event IS excluding a lot of people. THIS ONE event is excluding a lot of people. (Though I heard it was confirmed you can just wear accessories, so I think it's not actually even excluding those you mentioned.) But if Person A doesn want to pay $50 for the ticket and $50 for socks or a headpiece or something, yep, they are excluded from this one event amongst the dozen++ Lolita events at ACen, amongst the many Lolita events held every month in Chicago (or wherever they're from). I guess i think it's okay to have one event that's for one specific purpose, to talk about one (or in this case, two) specific brands. :)

By the way, I personally wear about 95% selfmade clothing myself, and I do appreciate others who do the same, whether their own or from an indies brand. ::cough cough:: There's no lack of love there. But if I were throwing a Kinki Kitty tea party, I'd want people wearing Kinki Kitty in some way or form, not 100% Angelic Pretty or Chantilly or Betsey Johnson or even mossbadger. Because the event would be to celebrate Kinki Kitty, not awesome fashion in general, even of similar styles.

#21 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 23 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Might I ask if the designers were at the Sakuracon event? Maybe there was some policy there that disallowed the idea of having a brand exclusive event? The reason I asked if the actual designers were not there that might have allowed for a more relaxed dress policy. Certain groups, not sure about the lolita brands, but in other clothing cases, some groups allow for a more relaxed dress code for some events when the actual designers are not there. When they are the rules are more strict, this is just a guess on my part, but maybe because we have the desingers actually there the code is more in line with "Show us your love with wearing our brands."

I honestly wish there could be just a "Tea Party" without the whole fuss of "You have to wear X to attend." Because to me that doesn't make a fun event, especially when the sizing of the clothing is designed for a particular body type in some cases. Mind you not all brands do that, but it's like the difference between European and American sizes, the ones from Europe tend to be cut straighter while here in the states it's more of a curve due to the shape of different body types. Just kind of sad when you find the right outfit, and then it turns out you can't wear it because it's not "X brand". Of course having the accessories helps, but then sometimes it would be nice to show off a outfit without the question of "Is it a replica of X" being constantly on the mind of people. Not to say that this event won't be fun, just that I wish that there could be one that was:

1. Cheaper in price, say 25 dollars at most.

and

2. Where you could wear outfits that didn't have to be "X brand" to attend.

Maybe next year rather then having the designers host the event have just ACen do it and allow for all brands and the like.

Just a thought.

Here is the Sakuracon tea party:
https://secure.sakur....org/tea_party/

It was indeed hosted by Fumiko Kawamura of Chantilly and Yuko Ashizawa of Atelier Pierrot. Yet there was no brand restriction. And in fact, Angelic Pretty is even mentioned to be for sale in the Dealer's Room after the "not sure what to wear?" sentence. That is why I was disappointed to see Angelic Pretty is excluded for ACen, but not Sakuracon.

#22 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Another thing that has been puzzling me is that the Angelic Pretty ticket link from last year.

It was "not found" until a few weeks ago, when I noticed it switched over to "Access Denied." That was another thing that led me to believe that there would be an Angelic Pretty event. Maybe it's just some random thing the webmaster switched. I don't know.

http://www.ACen.org/.../angelic-pretty

#23 User is offline   Kassy C. 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61727

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

View Postjenchan, on 24 April 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

I understand that this is event is about the specific brand, but like Dark Spellmaster mentioned above, I think that this event is excluding a whole lot of people.
a) those who cannot fit into their clothing
b ) those who cannot AFFORD the price for their clothing.

I think that all lolita attire should be welcome as long as it's fairly decent. And even the definition of "fairly decent" can be argued, I suppose.

With all due respect to the designers of these brands, I have seen a lot of beautiful handmade (non brand) lolita apparel by people of all shapes and sizes, and I feel that this should be appreciated. People are paying $50 to just get in to this event, and I think the brand restrictions (show me your tag) are not only giving this event an elitist feel, but an exclusionary feel as well. I understand this is a high culture event aimed at a certain demographic, but make it so the struggling college student who just barely scraped together a beautiful outfit can attend.

People argued the same point last year about the Angelic Pretty tea party and yet all tickets were sold out in less than a half hour and everyone showed up wearing the maximum instead of the minimum amount of AP clothing. People are going to get left out. People who actually like and wear the brands will even get left out! Brand tea parties cost money and require people to own the brand. That's just the way it is. It actually weeds out lots of people who probably shouldn't go (non lolitas, lolitas who don't really like the host brands but want to be seen, etc) so I'm personally ok with it.

I think the bigger problem is how long it took for us to get info about the designers and then about the tea party. We were going by the Sakura con guidelines because we didn't have anything else to go by. But now we find ACen's guidelines are different and we've been thrown. Lolitas like to have plenty of time to plan the perfect outfit for events like this and now we're scrambling just to find items from these brands...for some people any item. Short notice wouldn't have been so bad for AP since they're so popular you can even find their stuff on Ebay, but Atelier Pierrot and Chantilly are a bit harder to get your hands on (even in Japan) so it's made for a real mess. :(

#24 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

I can't agree more with Kassy's post. I wish we'd had more time - having less than three days between announcing the event/dress code and the ticket sales is kinda nuts.

#25 User is online   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

View Postmeef, on 24 April 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Another thing that has been puzzling me is that the Angelic Pretty ticket link from last year.

It was "not found" until a few weeks ago, when I noticed it switched over to "Access Denied." That was another thing that led me to believe that there would be an Angelic Pretty event. Maybe it's just some random thing the webmaster switched. I don't know.

http://www.ACen.org/.../angelic-pretty

They were probley doing something with the coding at that point - probably to set up a system like for another function. There was never any Angelic Pretty confirmation and people shouldn't have assumed.
The Annual Forum Meet and Greet will be held @ 7:30 Thursday, May 15,2014 at The Hyatt Regency O'hare. Click here for more information!

The 21+ Meet and Greet information is out! Please see this link for more information!!!

#26 User is offline   wastedutopia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27752

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

I'm really not sure why everyone was assuming AP would be hosting the tea party again. The fact that they hosted it last year pretty much guaranteed that they would not be hosting it this year. There are lots of other brands that can host, not to mention there are a lot of events for AP to go to, why would they monopolize their time going to the same con year after year?

My only complaint is that ACen has only given people 48 hours from the announcement of the event until tickets go on sale. Only 24 hours if you take into account when the rules were actually clarified.

#27 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

View Postwastedutopia, on 24 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'm really not sure why everyone was assuming AP would be hosting the tea party again. The fact that they hosted it last year pretty much guaranteed that they would not be hosting it this year. There are lots of other brands that can host, not to mention there are a lot of events for AP to go to, why would they monopolize their time going to the same con year after year?

My only complaint is that ACen has only given people 48 hours from the announcement of the event until tickets go on sale. Only 24 hours if you take into account when the rules were actually clarified.

Angelic Pretty had ACen on their event schedule and that was a pretty big clue, among other things. I see no reason why them hosting it last year meant they wouldn't do it again.

But I definitely agree this was too short notice.

#28 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

View Postmeef, on 24 April 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Angelic Pretty had ACen on their event schedule and that was a pretty big clue, among other things. I see no reason why them hosting it last year meant they wouldn't do it again.

But I definitely agree this was too short notice.

I guess I always assumed that only meant that the Angelic Pretty/Harajuku Hearts booth would be returning, since I didn't expect them to be able to confirm much more than that so early in the game. (i.e. vendor stuff is probably easier to nail down than guests and special events). And knowing there were other brands associated with the Harajuku Hearts half of the operation, I figured it was likely one or more of those other brands would be hosting. (Thus my begging for Fumiko from Chantilly in the guest suggestions forum.)

This post has been edited by edelweiss: 24 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

#29 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Allllrighty I just wish to put my 5 cents in as the token bigger lolita.
I love Lolita. Sweet Lolita, Gothic Lolita, Qi, Classic, you name it I probably know about it and a outfit I want in that type vein. I've been to nearly all the big Lolita name stores in Japan in person. But I can't buy anything from them. Why?
I seriously can't fit into a single shred of fashionable clothing in Japan. Believe me, I tried. My host family and I went to 5 different malls and Harajuku looking for things that would fit. I broke down in tears in Harajuku outside of BBtSSB, the brand that took my heart when I was in middle school, when I realized I couldn't fit into a JSK I has specifically brought the extra money for.
So most of my dresses, skirts, and blouses are Indie brand or handmade. I would absolutely love to meet both of these designers. And I can't because I can't fit into brand dresses.
I am a-okay with a lolita dress code with a few of the hosting brands accessories, but please reconsider having a brand only dress code in the future. It alienates not only people who can't afford brand, but those of us who can't fit into Japan's smaller sizes.
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#30 User is offline   TheOsakaKoneko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 24 April 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

I would absolutely love to meet both of these designers. And I can't because I can't fit into brand dresses.
I am a-okay with a lolita dress code with a few of the hosting brands accessories, but please reconsider having a brand only dress code in the future. It alienates not only people who can't afford brand, but those of us who can't fit into Japan's smaller sizes.

But you can. You don't have to wear a dress by them. You can wear accessories by them with your main pieces being handmade/indies/whatever.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users