• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Decent length overall skirt

#1 User is offline   blankityblank 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63535

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hi! I'm having a bit of trouble with my cosplay. I'm going as female Luigi and I almost have everything to put together, the only problem is, obviously, the overall skirt. Everywhere I look the only kinda there are are either for toddlers or a few inches too short for my taste, and it's getting to the point that I'm really tempted to try to make my own. So is there any good place for me to get one or should I just buy a regular pair of overalls and attempt to sew it into a skirt?

#2 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

I looked at Google images to try to get an idea of what you were going for and wow there are a lot of takes on a female Luigi.
But from what it sounds like, you are doing this kind: http://diddlneo.d.i..../o/5eb65ff1.jpg (If I am wrong just let me know ^_^/> )

I would suggest that your best bet in the short time before ACen is to go with your second option. Deconstructing clothes is often easier than searching for the perfect thing already premade and often cheaper. You can go to a thrift store and pick up dome denim overalls and a skirt of the same type and attach them together at the seams.

OR you can even hit up Rainbow (if you can find one) and snatch up their largest size school uniforms. Many basic uniforms have an overall+ skirt look and even if the entire thing is actually too small, you can at least try to make the skirt match and then alter the straps to be more fitting for you.

It's actually something I did for my Sailor Pluto cosplay. The skirt is the bottom part of a uniform like this: http://www.idealunif...y_huge/62ft.jpg
And the collar is made from the straps.

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 22 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#3 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

View Postblankityblank, on 22 April 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hi! I'm having a bit of trouble with my cosplay. I'm going as female Luigi and I almost have everything to put together, the only problem is, obviously, the overall skirt. Everywhere I look the only kinda there are are either for toddlers or a few inches too short for my taste, and it's getting to the point that I'm really tempted to try to make my own. So is there any good place for me to get one or should I just buy a regular pair of overalls and attempt to sew it into a skirt?

When my sister and I went as Mario and Luigi we just bought clip-on overalls from a store instead of sewing them onto our shorts. It makes it a lot easier, but I dunno if that's what you're looking for.
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users