Anime Central Forums: Quick question about Grab bags or raffles in AA - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Quick question about Grab bags or raffles in AA

#1 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

I can not seem to find a specific rule about them as far as Artist Alley goes.

- There is a rule against grab bags (and similar) in the Exhibitor hall but no mention of it at all in the AA rules. Would they be allowed so long as they only contain products make by the artist?

- What about Raffles? I have seen them done both in the AA and the exhibitor hall but I want to make sure they are ok first.

Any help would be great thanks
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Cosplay for ACen '13
- Rarity: My Little Pony FIM
Come see my work at the art show! Plush bentos and Ponies!

Visit my DeviantArt Gallery for my latest plush creations and My Etsy Shop for sales

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostHellmaster Bean, on 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

- There is a rule against grab bags (and similar) in the Exhibitor hall but no mention of it at all in the AA rules. Would they be allowed so long as they only contain products make by the artist?

I would be inclined to say, no, but as there are no rules against it we can't necessarily say it is against the rules. There wouldn't be any problem if they contained items made only by the Artist, and if a staffer in the Exhibit Space asks to look inside, I would recommend that the artist allows it. The Artist would have the right to ask whether it was for a purchase (in which case you can refuse) or if it is just to review the products inside.

View PostHellmaster Bean, on 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

- What about Raffles? I have seen them done both in the AA and the exhibitor hall but I want to make sure they are ok first.

So long as the raffle follows all laws governing such activities in the city of Rosemont, we are fine with it.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ok thank you. That shouldn't be a problem then
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Cosplay for ACen '13
- Rarity: My Little Pony FIM
Come see my work at the art show! Plush bentos and Ponies!

Visit my DeviantArt Gallery for my latest plush creations and My Etsy Shop for sales

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users