Anime Central Forums: ACen's a month away, and still no panel updates? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ACen's a month away, and still no panel updates?

#1 User is offline   freakishdarling 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61208

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

If I remember correctly last year they had the panel lists up like 4 months before ACen started and they were continuously updating it with new times and panels, I liked being able to see what cool panels were in the works and what times they were at so my rather large group and I can organize meet up times and photo shoots.

But now we're a month away from D-Day and the panels haven't haven't been listed or updated yet as far as I know from checking the main page. Anyone know what's up with that or if maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

#2 User is offline   edelweiss 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17938

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Does this help?

http://www.ACen.org/...mming-schedule/

This post has been edited by edelweiss: 17 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

#3 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

We usually will not push Schedule Updates etc until very close to convention time as its constantly being tweaked/adjusted. We will have guidebook this year again as well. Right now Just the Panel schedule is up and is currently "Final" or near "Final". Once everything gets finalized fully you will see updates appear on main pages and we always reference the latest information will be @ convention.
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#4 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the link! I had been looking for that but apparently wasn't looking hard enough. Lol.
Anywho! I noticed that the Masquerade wasn't listed on the panels. What happened to it?
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#5 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

I believe that is under "Main Programming", like the Soap Bubble, Anime Hell, Midnight Madness ect. Since those rooms (grand ballroom) isn't listed as a location for panels, any events held there shouldn't be listed on that schedule.
Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#6 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

[Speaking as non forum staff/not an ACEN staffer]

As stated by Fooby, pretty sure that the Main Programming events will be listed on another schedule. That schedule is only related to Panels (Wondering if Crystal Ball will also be listed on the main event schedule... since it's in Panel Programming) Weird that the Crystal Ball is listed on there but not raves, etc. I won't question it x___x Also, photoshoots get their own schedule too (went back and looked at the photoshoot schedule I saved from 2011) lol. I think it's done this way to prevent a mass amount of clutter and keep things organized better. One giant schedule of everything would be insane. Plus one department might finish scheduling panels before photoshoots or main event times are finalized. Looks like the panel programming schedule is still missing a few guests and industry related stuff... But looks like that's really close to the final schedule.

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon
Recently Attended (2014): Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#7 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

The only reason the crystal ball is listed (and makes sense) is due to the location it will be held this year which happens to be "2" of the panel rooms. Concerts, Masqurade, Anime Hell/Midnight Madness, Soap Bubble are all usually held in the Grand Ballroom and thus is not part of the "Panel Programming" room space and on the guidebooks there have usually been 2 pages for the "Main Programming", and the following 2-3 pages are the "Panel Programming" schedule . The "Rosemont Ballroom (hyatt)" however, is the 4 rooms to the "left" of the elevators (not the GRAND ballroom) and is listed on the schedule but all black as I would guess the decision regarding the locations for Anime Hell/Midnight Madness and Hardcore Synergy have not been finalized yet due to the response of last years changes.

I'm not sure when the "main programming" information will be released as I honestly never looked for that until the week of the con (or waited till I got the guidebook on thursday night since the times/locations of events I'm interested in have been the same '03, '10, '11 and '12)

This post has been edited by fooby: 17 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#8 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

[Still speaking as non staff/non forum staff]

That makes a lot of sense since it's in a Panel Room area that it'd be listed in Panel Programming. Thanks for the information! Yeah, I saw a thread about moving Anime Hell/Midnight Madness to a bigger room. Probably a good idea not to expect it until a week or two before the convention. Guidebook app is so handy, seriously *____* I'm so glad ACEN is on Guidebook.

My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

#9 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Actually I mean't the physical program guidebook, I'm still using a http://samsung-cell-...iew-manual.html
Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#10 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

View Postfooby, on 17 April 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Actually I mean't the physical program guidebook, I'm still using a http://samsung-cell-...iew-manual.html

OH. You mean the program book XD That's super handy too.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users