• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Badge Arrived Damaged

#1 User is offline   KomradeKrunch 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61775

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

I was extremely excited to receive the small manila envelope in my mail this week but when I removed my long awaited badge from the sleeve I was nonplussed to discover that the label with all my information on it had become obscured by what appeared to be some sort of pink oil. (picture attached) The envelope itself did not have a similar stain on it which led me to believe that whatever had happened to my badge had occurred before it was mailed. I have no doubt that there is a simple way to correct this but the reason I am posting this in the forums is because I am hoping to find some solution for this that doesn't include waiting in a long line when I show up to the convention on Friday as that is the exact reason I opt to have my badge mailed to me every year.

This post has been edited by Alkaren Hyralt: 16 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

#2 User is offline   EndlessKey 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 47633

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Might want to take the picture down, they don't like it being posted for certain reasons. Just send the staff an email with the picture (or PM one of the forum admin with the pic)

#3 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostKomradeKrunch, on 16 April 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I was extremely excited to receive the small manila envelope in my mail this week but when I removed my long awaited badge from the sleeve I was nonplussed to discover that the label with all my information on it had become obscured by what appeared to be some sort of pink oil. (picture attached) The envelope itself did not have a similar stain on it which led me to believe that whatever had happened to my badge had occurred before it was mailed. I have no doubt that there is a simple way to correct this but the reason I am posting this in the forums is because I am hoping to find some solution for this that doesn't include waiting in a long line when I show up to the convention on Friday as that is the exact reason I opt to have my badge mailed to me every year.

Hi KomradeKrunch,

I apologize for the inconvenience. First of all, please make sure you take down the picture of your badge.

This is something we will be able to take care of at-con for you. Please go to either the Service Desk in the Registration Hall or the DFW room Room of the Hyatt Hotel during open hours of Registration.

Registration at Convention Center Hours
Thursday: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Registration in the Hyatt at DFW
Thursday: 4:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Sunday: CLOSED

These areas are separate from the main registration lines and are for mailing/bounceback issues and usually have little to no wait in line.

~Melanie Gillies
Assistant Department Head of Registration
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-present
Staff MVP Award 2012

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users