• You cannot reply to this topic

Applying Text to Objects

#1 User is offline   AznAndy94 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62927

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

So I've been working on some headphones for Yosuke Hanamura and so far they're looking like this:
http://25.media.tumb...4ftxo1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumb...4ftxo2_1280.jpg

Looking at some reference pictures, I was thinking that white text on the covers of the headphones would make a nice subtle touch to make it look more legitimate like this: http://download.mini...mura.586957.jpg

I have tried to make hand-cut stencils, but the text is too small to cut out even with an exacto. I wouldn't want to try hand painting it on because not only do I have an unsteady hand, but my writing in general is pretty bad. I know there are presses, but I don't have any available to me near by. Any suggestions? Are there transparent labels or anything of the sort?
ACen 2014
Yosuke Hanamura - Persona 4
Haruka Nanase - Free!
Byakuya Togami - Dangan Ronpa

#2 User is online   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

At any craft or scrap-booking store you can usually find letter stickers that come in all sorts of font faces and sizes. You might be able to find small enough letters, but I'm really not sure how tiny they usually go.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

You can buy clear sticker paper that can be printed on. :) If you can find/make a clear image of the text, that would be the easiest way to go about something like that. :)
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#4 User is offline   ka-chan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59607

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

oh! actually, if you really wanted, you could like, just get a good image of what youre trying to transfer, ie, the words and background color. then, print it on maybe something like glossy photo paper and put that over the whole side of the headphone so itll look shiny like plastic? or, print it on something else and use a lamination sheet to get the same effect?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users