Hotel Question Not from Chicago so need suggestions

#1 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63334
  • Location:On the brink of Insanity and Where Has My Memory Gone? Lane

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Ive never been to ACen before and I am from Ohio. I have never been to Chicago. So I was wondering if anyone could suggest some hotels close to the ACen location?
~*Hope is but a simple flame... Always flickering, but always there.*~ JC

#2 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

If you can get in, the Embassy Suites is the best place to go by far because it offers a buffet breakfast in the mornings for every paid guest in the room.

Hyatt is the obvious choice for the fact that the entire convention is held there, although some events happen in the Embassy, Doubletree and Hilton too.

Doubletree and Embassy are across the street from the convention centre and connected to the main parking lot of the area (discounts apply for guests). The Hyatt has its own parking lot which often reaches capacity during the weekend.

Hilton is connected to both Hyatt and Convention Centre via walkway, though it is the only one of the major host hotels which I have not been to personally.

I am afraid I have no details on the other hotels in the area but many guests swear by them.

#3 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well Im looking for the closest and/ or the cheapest hotel. Im gonna guess Hyatt is the closest, but which one is the cheapest? My dad is getting two rooms. One for him and his fiance and one for me and my friend

#4 User is offline   MizukiMidnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 56276

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

"Hyatt Regency O’Hare Room block is SOLD OUT, Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O’Hare Room block is SOLD OUT, Embassy Suites Room Block is SOLD OUT, DoubleTree Hotel Room Block is SOLD OUT, Comfort Inn O’Hare/Des Plaines Rooms still available within ACens’ block rate, Aloft Chicago O’Hare Room Block is currently SOLD OUT, Crown Plaza Chicago O’Hare Rooms still available within ACens’ block rate, InterContinental Chicago O’Hare Room Block is currently SOLD OUT" - According to the ACen Hotel Information page.

But, there are openings for the Hyatt (Some people have gotten lucky). If you are looking for the cheapest one, Comfort Inn would be; it's 104.99 for a single occupancy and 114.99 for a double. Also, it still has ACen room blocks open! The next cheapest one would be the Crown Plaza for about 125.00 a night. This still has blocks open, too! If I were you, I'd try and score with one of these blocks as quickly as possible if you want to get the lowest rate you can. Otherwise, you'll be paying over 150.00 a room to 225.00, and that's if you manage to score one with the sold out ones. Comfort Inn and Crown aren't too far either, so I'd say it's a good deal.

Hope this helps!
Coming back as Vincent Valentine! WOOT!
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Vincent Valentine-100%
Ninja War Hinata-100%
Steampunk/Victorian/Original-100%
Zoe Hanji-100%
Zakuro Tokyo Mew Mew-100%
Mariko Miniskirt Space Pirates-100%

#5 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

yeah gotta get this stuff early ;c

#6 User is offline   JCWarriorCats 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Thanks so much! And yeah I know should have made arrangements earlier... but this was kind of a last minute decision to do with my dad. The final plans are going to be made on Sunday and I'll badger him to make Hotel reservations then. You guys were a great help thank you thank you!

#7 User is offline   MizukiMidnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 56276

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Glad to help :D
Coming back as Vincent Valentine! WOOT!
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Vincent Valentine-100%
Ninja War Hinata-100%
Steampunk/Victorian/Original-100%
Zoe Hanji-100%
Zakuro Tokyo Mew Mew-100%
Mariko Miniskirt Space Pirates-100%

#8 User is offline   code2destroy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60187

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

need a room JC? ask Robin-chan from the bleach forums! we have room for you at the Hilton for $100

Hilton btw is right by the convention center. no pesky walking. i actually picked it over hyatt b/c it'd be easier to get around in.

This post has been edited by code2destroy: 16 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users