Anime Central Forums: 2013 Badge FAQ - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2013 Badge FAQ Answers to "Where is my badge?" etc ...

#1 User is offline   ever 

• Finance Team
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18990

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

When do you expect to have all the badges sent out?
This will include kids, groups, and out-of-country badges as well.
All badges were shipped on Monday, April 8th.

How do you ship badges?
We ship all badges First-Class Mail via USPS, which according to their website is delivered “within 3 days in most cases”.

I did not receive my badge as promised; what do I do now?
Please do not panic.
We ask that you wait one week prior to contacting us at registration@ACen.org.

Please include your full name, email address, and the shipping address used in your email. This will help us locate your badge order in the registration system. Once we have received your email, we will research where your badge may have gone astray.

I moved and my badge was sent to the old address; what do I do now?
Please do not panic.
USPS will forward your badge to the new address if you have filed a change of address within the last year. If it has been longer than one year, USPS will return to sender. Once we have received your badge, we will contact you to verify mailing address and resend it.

There is a mistake in my shipping address; what do I do now?
Please do not panic.
Because your badge is sent First Class Mail, USPS will return to sender any badge that whose address is “Attempted – Not Known”, “Not Deliverable as Addressed”, “No Such Number”, etc.

When badges bounce back to us at the MAPS Office from USPS, we will always contact the attendee via email for shipping address verification prior to resending it. However, we will only resend the badge one additional time. If the badge bounces back to us a second time, it will be held at the Service Desk for pick up during the open hours of Registration. (see below for open hours)

Why has my badge name been changed?
We are a family friendly convention and all badge names must be rated “G”. Badge names are subject to staff approval; names deemed inappropriate will be changed without prior notice.

However, once you arrive at the convention we will be more than happy to change the badge label to a family-friendly badge name of your choice at either the Service Desk in the Registration Hall or the DFW Room of the Hyatt Hotel during the open hours of Registration. (see below for open hours)

My badge and/or badge label was damaged during shipping, is this ok?
You will need to get it fixed if it is destroyed in any fashion. You can do that at either the Service Desk in the Registration Hall or the DFW Room of the Hyatt Hotel during open hours of Registration. (see below for open hours)

What are your open hours at the convention?
Our open hours for Registration are as follows:

Registration at Convention Center Hours
Thursday: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Registration in the Hyatt at DFW
Thursday: 4:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Sunday: CLOSED

Will-call opens at the Hyatt Registration when the Convention Center Registration is closed. Badges can ONLY be purchased at the Hyatt Registration after the Convention Center Registration closes until 1am.

Anyone needing services from the DFW room after it is closed will be directed to Registration in the Convention Center.

Hours for both areas of Registration are subject to change without notice. Doors close at the stated closing time, but we will finish the registrations for those in line.

My question wasn’t answered in your FAQ. What do I do now?
Please do not hesitate to contact us at registration@ACen.org.

... never found an apple I could resist ...

2014-present : MAPS committee staff
2012-2014 : Department Head of Registration
2010-2011 : Assistant Department Head of Registration
2009 : General Registration Staff

#2 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

heck yeah this helped.

#3 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Just a small question. I am in a panel but I purchased my badge before I registered for the panel. By chance would this mean that my badge would be with the panel badges? Or would it have been shipped with my father's and sisters. By the way already got them so thank you much for that.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#4 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

So I didn't get my badge and emailed Monday. No reply yet so I'm just curious if I should pm someone...
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#5 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on 17 April 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

So I didn't get my badge and emailed Monday. No reply yet so I'm just curious if I should pm someone...

Hi linlindesu,

We are working through our emails right now from people who did not receive their badges. Please be patient and you will be receiving a response soon :thumbup:

Melanie Gillies
Assistant Department Head of Registration
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#6 User is offline   BirchTree 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63516

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Great Info!

This post has been edited by BirchTree: 17 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

#7 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postwolfedragon, on 17 April 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hi linlindesu,

We are working through our emails right now from people who did not receive their badges. Please be patient and you will be receiving a response soon :thumbup:/>

Melanie Gillies
Assistant Department Head of Registration

Thanks for the quick reply. Just didn't want to be that guy who spams the inbox in fear
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#8 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Same here, just sent my email. I do hope we can get our badges remailed if possible. Thank you
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#9 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61459

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

So if I wanted to pick up my will call badge on Thursday, I can only do so after 10:00? Or does it start at 4?

This post has been edited by Skylerrelyks: 14 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

2014:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
Pot of Fire (Soul Eater)

#10 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostSkylerrelyks, on 14 May 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

So if I wanted to pick up my will call badge on Thursday, I can only do so after 10:00? Or does it start at 4?

Registration will be open from 4 pm to 10 pm on Thursday, for will call and badge sales.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#11 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Ok, one more question. I ordered badges for my whole group for will call and one person won't be able to make it until late on Friday. Could I pick up hers as well?
2014:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Pot of Fire (Soul Eater)

#12 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

That I'm not sure on, and Registration staff is already on site setting up so they are not likely to be on the forums. I'd suggest asking them when you get there.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#13 User is offline   Skylerrelyks 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Okay, thanks :)
2014:
Ulquiorra (Bleach)
Pot of Fire (Soul Eater)

#14 User is offline   MeliTza 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60320

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sooooo, I was at Anime Midwest over the weekend, and I was extremely impressed that they printed useful info right on the back of the badges, including artist alley / vendor room hours, panel locations, and main-draw event times & locations (i.e. rave).

The panel locations & vendor room hours being right on the badge was INSANELY handy. I would love to see ACen incorporate this at some point in the future. Where should I send this info to a decision maker, or are there decision makers lurking and reading here?

Hellsing: Behind the Blood
Hellsing Hentai After Dark
How to Con, Corral & Convert your friends into a Steampunk Crew
Anime Captions Against Humanity

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users