• You cannot reply to this topic

Pre ACen 2013 jitters! come in, sit down lets talk :D

#1 User is offline   Saka12 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63160

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

So I just got my badge yesterday and now I can really feel that ACen is approaching very very soon. Then i started to remember all the awesome memories of my first ACen and others after it. So tell me everyone; what is your favorite memory from ACen? What do you plan on doing at ACen this year? Are you going to the soap bubble??

MY FAVORITE MEMORY: when i went to ACen my first time i cosplayed as rukia kuchiki. I was soo obssesed with Ichigo kurosaki that i told my friend I wanted to go to the bleach meet up to hopefully see a few. Well to make a long story short we couldnt find the meet up and i was so down the rest of the day. UNTIL i spyed an Ichigo from across the room. This guy looked so much like Ichigo! I begged my friend to take a picture of me with him. After that i was on cloud nine :)/> every year since then if i can find him i always take a picture with him :)/> or any other Ichigo :)/>)

This post has been edited by Saka12: 10 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

#2 User is offline   Saka12 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Heres a pic from that day :D https://m.facebook.c...user=1169415436

#3 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

My jitters usually don't start until it's the week before hand and I'm flailing around my house trying to finish my cosplay.

However one of my favorite memories from ACen is from 2008 when the Soap Bubble had gone on until the sun had risen. By the time they kicked us out it was just me, a couple of friends, and a small group of other people. In that small group of people was a man cosplaying as Captain Aizen, covered in sweat, who must have been dancing for at least 5 hours straight. I'll never forget you, Party Aizen~

Another cool memory was last year one if the musical guest groups was passing by the One Piece photoshoot and asked my boyfriend and I (dressed as Sanji and Nami) to take pictures with them.
But that entire ACen was one huge good time.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#4 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

My favorite ACen memory is also my first.

I'm from the UK and have been on the con circuit out there for YEARS. To this day I could walk in to the LondonExpo or the Bristol ComicCon and be hailed as an old friend, despite being in the States since 2008.

My wife had never been to a convention. We were married in 2008 and I made it clear I wanted to hit ACen in 2009 as it was world famous and I had heard many good things since I was English.

We spend months prepping. She goes as Lucia from Lunar 2, a rare gem of a video game for the Sega CD and PS1. Mostly forgotten... but well loved by those who remember it. I go as Walter "Rorschach" Kovacs from Watchmen. I have a brown jacket, green shirt, tie, GIANT SIGN saying "The End is Nigh"

It is 2009. The year the "No signs!" rule was introduced.

So we get to Rosemont. Find our parking. Book in to a hotel. Get changed in to cosplay. It's Friday morning. I'm buzzing with excitement. She is a little scared. Worried. Keeps telling me that no one will recognize her outfit. She's not so sure about this...

We walk in to the convention centre.

Two things happen.

1. Security POUNCE on me for having a sign.

2. A group of Lunar cosplays swarm my wife the moment she walks in the door.

She's posing for pictures.

I'm being taken to the Hyatt to have my prop verified and okayed.

We return and my wife is glowing! She was freaked out because we were seperated but in that moment she had found acceptance, made new friends (who we are still familiar with to this day) and banished all her fears which had kept her away from conventions. She was giddy with happiness.

Posted Image

And now we go to 5-6 cons per year. We refer to ACen as "our party convention".

I can't wait to go back.

#5 User is offline   Saka12 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostKii, on 10 April 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

My jitters usually don't start until it's the week before hand and I'm flailing around my house trying to finish my cosplay.

However one of my favorite memories from ACen is from 2008 when the Soap Bubble had gone on until the sun had risen. By the time they kicked us out it was just me, a couple of friends, and a small group of other people. In that small group of people was a man cosplaying as Captain Aizen, covered in sweat, who must have been dancing for at least 5 hours straight. I'll never forget you, Party Aizen~

Another cool memory was last year one if the musical guest groups was passing by the One Piece photoshoot and asked my boyfriend and I (dressed as Sanji and Nami) to take pictures with them.
But that entire ACen was one huge good time.

Wow what a great memory wouldn't I love to have been in that rave!! Also sanji and nami grest cosplay!!!

#6 User is offline   Saka12 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostStkbayfield, on 10 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I'm from the UK and have been on the con circuit out there for YEARS. To this day I could walk in to the LondonExpo or the Bristol ComicCon and be hailed as an old friend, despite being in the States since 2008.

My wife had never been to a convention. We were married in 2008 and I made it clear I wanted to hit ACen in 2009 as it was world famous and I had heard many good things since I was English.

We spend months prepping. She goes as Lucia from Lunar 2, a rare gem of a video game for the Sega CD and PS1. Mostly forgotten... but well loved by those who remember it. I go as Walter "Rorschach" Kovacs from Watchmen. I have a brown jacket, green shirt, tie, GIANT SIGN saying "The End is Nigh"

So we get to Rosemont. Find our parking. Book in to a hotel. Get changed in to cosplay. It's Friday morning. I'm buzzing with excitement. She is a little scared. Worried. Keeps telling me that no one will recognize her outfit. She's not so sure about this...

Two things happen.

We return and my wife is glowing! She was freaked out because we were seperated but in that moment she had found acceptance, made new friends (who we are still familiar with to this day) and banished all her fears which had kept her away from conventions. She was giddy with happiness.

Posted Image

I can't wait to go back.

Congratulations for attending ACen And showing your wife a wonderful time!! This really is the convention No one should miss! Thanks for sharing your memories

#7 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

My first ACen in 2011 is where I became friends with Mabel, one of my best friends ever. We had known each other, just never talked. I got invited to ACen and I went withh her. There we became friends. And our sisterhood is strong enough to nock downn walls.

Now I can finally attend ACen again! And I will be staffing and cosplaying. I'm so excited I could burst!
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Imp Midna LoZ Twilight Princess
Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#8 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Two things happen.

Posted Image

I can't wait to go back.

Replying to "second" the notion that Lunar and Lunar 2 are a couple of the greatest JRPGs ever made. Also, that is a very well-done Lucia cosplay.

This post has been edited by YoungBirdcall: 12 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#9 User is offline   Saka12 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostFantasia, on 11 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

My first ACen in 2011 is where I became friends with Mabel, one of my best friends ever. We had known each other, just never talked. I got invited to ACen and I went withh her. There we became friends. And our sisterhood is strong enough to nock downn walls.

Now I can finally attend ACen again! And I will be staffing and cosplaying. I'm so excited I could burst!

This is how me and my friend Niky also became best friends. Now we're tight as ever :) thanks for sharing your story :D

#10 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

heh heh. no problemo, amiga!
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Imp Midna LoZ Twilight Princess
Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#11 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17804

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'll be more excited the closer it gets.

Favorite memory... let's see. It's hard to pick just one. I remember being recognized by an entire team of cosplayers from Oofuri/Big Windup and posing for pictures with them. That was so sweet~ And Abe and Mihashi were in character!

I love telling the story about how my best friend and I, who were cosplaying as Roxas and Mamimi respectively, ran into another couple who were also cosplaying Roxas and Mamimi, which is an odd pairing. We both stopped and pointed and stared, and the other young man started humming the Twilight Zone theme.

Oh ACen.
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#12 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61303

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

Two things happen.

Posted Image

I can't wait to go back.

thank you for posting this story, this ACen is going to be my girlfriends first con and her first cosplay experience. shes going as Maka from soul eater(im soul) and i made her a genie hunter prop. shes worried about fitting in and looking like a "good" Maka so i showed her your post to help reassure her that she'll have a great time.

my favorite ACen memory is pretty hard to choose, if i had to pick id say its a toss up between 2 stories.

1. its 9am, friday morning of ACen 2010, ive been in line since 6am to buy my badge for my first ACen, and i was up all night before dyeing my hair orange for my ichigo cosplay after getting off work at midnight. needless to say im exhausted. now i make my way in through the line, and take my first steps into the convention. at this point im hit with a constant wave of color, movement,and sound and (largely thanks to exhaustion) i feel overwhelmed and slightly disorientated, but as i walk around exploring the con and meeting tons of people i seem to forget how tired i was. next thing i know its 6am and im finally gettin some sleep. on a side note ive never slept past 830am at ACen, and never went to sleep before 5am=) its so worth getting up at con

2. at ACen 2012 me and some friends decided to learn the ginyu force poses (from DBZ) and ask people take pics with us doing the ginyu force poses around their cosplays. now you'll never guess what happened after about 20 minutes of this. the actually ginyu force walks in and starts posing for pics. i immediatly started laughing my butt off and told my friends we had to stop, afterall if we kept it up we would either be copying them or stealing their thunder. either way i just love how something like that really only could happen at ACen.
2013 Soul Eater (from Soul Eater)

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2011 Bankai/Vizard Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users