Armor/Automail

#1 User is offline   Lelo 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 25302

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I are doing Ed and Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist, so naturally my big project is his automail arm which I plan to do from scratch. I've put it off until now because I've just been so intimidated by the task, and I was wondering if there's anyone on here who's familiar with armor making and could offer some tips? And if there's anyone else planning on making armor or automail, it'll be nice to have someone to share in the experience!

So far I've heard from another cosplayer on Tumblr that craft foam and resin is a good way to go, so I'm thinking about using that for my materials. For now, I'm trying to work on making a template, but it's hard to borrow the boyfriend's arm when he just wants to play Smite all day. Other than that, I'm not really sure how to start or how to make everything go together. And I really don't know anything about resin, so... advice would be much appreciated!

If anyone's interested, I'll be sure to post our progress (I could definitely use the encouragement; I'm such a procrastinater!).
Merchandise salesgirl extraordinaire 2012, 2013, 2014

2014 cosplay:
Friday -- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Saturday -- Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
Sunday -- you guessed it, Winry again, and then zebra mask shenanigans!

my Fullmetal Alchemist tumblr

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users