• This topic is locked

Bringing BJDs to con

#1 User is offline   OtakuAngelD 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59232

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hey all. This is my very first year to bring ball jointed dolls to ACen. I have seen many others do it in the past. I was just wondering, from experience of others, just how safe is it? I have heard rumors about theft (mostly YoSD). How safe is it for my dolls? How do you go about carrying them around the con. Do the doll/clothing/accessory vendors allow you to try the items you want to purchase on the doll?

thank you in advanced.
2014 ---
Sandshrew - Pokemon
Mink - DMMD
Reborn - KHR

#2 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

From what Ive seen your dolls are safe as long as your watching them. As for carrying them some people use bags or just carrying them in their arms; and I don't see why the vendors wouldn't let you at least. Assuming you have the doll with you at the vendors area. The ones I've gone to are usually really nice and great people. :rolleyes:
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#3 User is offline   Fate Averruncus 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9968

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I agree with what -JUNK- said regarding this issue. I've seen many people carry their dolls, and no one bothers them, or tries to take the doll out of its owner's arms. It seems to be pretty safe.
As for the dealer's room, I'm sure the vendors will allow you try clothes on your doll. As long as you ask first. :).
Attending ACen since 2002. :).
Friday and Saturday cosplay: Neinheart from MapleStory

My cosplay.com page | My Deviantart page

#4 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've brought dolls to ACen since 2008 and I have yet to have a problem. I never bring more than what I can handle at any one time. my usual limit is one in hand and maybe one in a bag. It is rare I bring all of them and have them all set out for the reason that some random person could come up and either steal or damage them. So if you have that one limited doll and you are paranoid about bringing them to a local meet up I advise against bringing them to ACen. I have ran doll meet ups before and in general other owners are usually friendly and help watch out for all of dolls during meet up times. however it is your job to watch what you bring to the con. If this is the first time you have brought a doll to a big con, get a bag that can help protect doll you are bringing.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users