Anime Central Forums: Question regarding costume size. - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question regarding costume size. Have a little bit dragging..not much.

#1 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

kik

This post has been edited by Wingypoo: 06 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#2 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Did you edit the first post because you were able to solve your problem?
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay Plans:Sooyoung [No. 08] (Girls' Generation) / Angewomon (Digimon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) / Sailor Luna(Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon)/
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2008: Victoria Amon Sena (Original) //// Yoruchi (cat form)////Kuukaku Shiba////Kuroko Aoki - Original J-rock
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#3 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 06 April 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Did you edit the first post because you were able to solve your problem?

Think i may have, that and i didn't know if it would be dumb to ask. I have a tiny bit of the costume dragging on the floor (about 3-4 inches). I was a little concerned since the costume's a little larger than what i'm wearing friday and sunday. I didn't want to block someone's view in a panel. I was doing some thinking and i dont know if i'll have time for panels on saturday since i'm doing the masquerade. I'm doing Lulu from FFX on saturday so it's just alot to carry around. Don't wanna be anyone's way is all. I did fine at my local con and i wore Lulu both days. I can post a pic or something later if need be. I'm pretty well aware of how big this con is (even though its my first year). Any suggestions on areas that would be more open ? I heard there are a couple of spots outside that are good for pics/quite open.
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#4 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

No dumb questions here! :)

If I'm understanding correctly (and please tell me if I'm not!), you have a larger costume with a train (part that drags behind you), and are worried about wearing it safely in the close confines of certain areas of the convention. The costume also has a part that sticks up behind you above your head (?), and you are worried about blocking others' view of any panels you might attend. Does this sound about right?

Wearing larger costumes in the halls is definitely possible at ACen, even with the crush of bodies that sometimes happens there! However, the first thing to ascertain is if the costume conforms to the hall costume rules, which you can find here: http://www.ACen.org/content/ACen-rules about mid-way down the page.

If you are worried about the train, I would try to find some way to gather it up close to your body while you're walking, and then let it down for photos or meetups. Will you be attending with any of your friends? If you are, maybe one of them could help carry the train or your props when you go walking. For panels, if the large head part is easily removable, you could do that, or just make sure to sit/stand at the far back of the panel room, where you won't be impeding anyone's view.

If you don't feel like you can wear your costume safely, or it violates a hall costume rule, don't count it out yet! You could still wear it in the Masquerade, which has fewer size rules and is a more controlled environment (I know it's not the same as wearing it in the halls, but at least you'd still get to wear it).

There are plenty of larger hallways and outdoor places to take photos around ACen, so you should be able to find one if you needed to, though it might take a bit of looking. I'm not as well versed in the good outdoor photo spots, so i can't recommend specific locations, sorry.

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users