Anime Central Forums: Cameras at the Ready - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cameras at the Ready Don't miss a minute!

#1 User is offline   BadAnimeGroup 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63078

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

The idea for this post was inspired partially by Bard-kun and by a quote in the Final Panels Approved thread.

View PostBrandonb, on 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

So.. many... panels! Posted Image

How ever am I gonna make time to eat without missing a critical one?? It's almost like there are too many choices. heh

A running joke between my friend TJ and I is that our panels always take place at the same time as the panels he wants to attend, specifically the Giant Robot Panel. Other attendance problems are less specific. Congoers can get lost. Rooms can get filled to capacity. People get sick (like me, every year). People lose track of time, lured by the siren song of the Dealers' Room. Some people may not get to the con until late Friday, some only have time to attend for a day, or even worse, some may have to cancel their trip to ACen entirely!

What to do?

I'm planning to record, in entirety, the two panels that I co-host this year. To this end, I will have a video camera, tripod, and microphones at the ready in our hotel room. I wasn't planning on lugging my video equipment around 24/7, but I may be able to record some panels that I attend if the panelists are willing and interested in being recorded.

The reason why I'm posting this is to connect people that are interested in having their panels recorded with people that are willing to record them. I would venture a guess and say that many of us are video capable, thanks to our phones. I believe that, to someone that misses a panel, even a phone-quality recording is better than never seeing the panel at all.

So if someone, like Bard-kun, expresses a desire to see a panel that he/she may miss, consider requesting the aid of someone that's capable of recording it. If you are video capable and willing to make a recording, please consider posting in this thread and giving your fellow congoers a hand.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and My Anime List (if you're so inclined).

#2 User is offline   BadAnimeGroup 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63078

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

I guess I'll start.

I can provide recording services to any of the panels I or my friends are interested in attending. I'm promising no guarantees, since we still have a tentative schedule and I may be out cavorting in traffic at the time of your panel.

I'm not yet entirely sure if I'll be able to record any panels other than my own, since I will have a somewhat-unwieldy monitor/tripod/wireless mic setup for them. If I'm able to acquire a heavy-duty SSD recorder for the camera by the time ACen rolls 'round, then I will definitely be able to record other panels with ease.

Oh, it's worth noting I'd never charge for this sort of thing. This is a favor to fellow panelists Posted Image

If I do record for your panel, let me know how you want to receive it or have it distributed. My current camera's a little old, and (unfortunately) records in the HDV format in a reduced form of 1080i (horizontal resolution of 1440 pixels as opposed to the full 1920). Video data is saved natively in the .m2t format, so it may not be editable for those with basic editing software. If I use an SSD recorder, I will be able to record in the full 1080i resolution (possibly in the xvYCC colorspace), but I'm not yet sure what container format the video is stored in. The video won't be progressive-scan, but I can always deinterlace the video for you if you see fit. I can mention any other applicable technical details if anyone is interested.

I've also got a couple friends coming with me, so I'll ask if any of them are willing to record on their phones. Let's network, people!

This post has been edited by BadAnimeGroup: 05 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and My Anime List (if you're so inclined).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users