Anime Central Forums: Battlepods - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlepods

Poll: Number of pods (10 member(s) have cast votes)

How many Battle Pods would you like to have at the Con?

1. 1-4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 6 (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. 6-8 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 8-10 (9 votes [90.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well, just wondering if they are returning.and if so how many units?
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#2 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

see my thread http://www.ACen.org/...1-transmission/
Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#3 User is offline   PropWash 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 24147

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

I wish we had other options, but it'll have to be 6.

#4 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostPropWash, on 09 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

I wish we had other options, but it'll have to be 6.

Well thats good too but no way we can try and push for 10? Perhaps post preorders for the pods on the facebook page and see if we get some takers?
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#5 User is offline   YeehawMcKickass 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19706

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'm going to pull from PropWash's quote from the other thread about the battle pods:

View PostPropWash, on 09 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'm sorry for not getting back here sooner.

It looks like we will have to do with 6 like the past 3 years.

While I'd like to bring a 2nd truck, the logistics support and manpower simply isn't available for me to pull it off.

I've been around for when the the battlepods are being loaded into the truck. Six pods and the associated hardware takes up an entire 26' rental truck, and those rental trucks don't come cheap.

This post has been edited by YeehawMcKickass: 16 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

#6 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

and the preorder thing didn't work out? i don't know how short it came last year.

#7 User is offline   PropWash 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Last year we were short quite a bit. This year we simply dont have the second driver. Each year it gets more expensive and our licensed truck drivers have less availability to drive for conventions.

That said, I will be announcing a PayPal based pre-sale 'ACen Meh Pimp' Package in a few hours.

#8 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

awesome, can't wait Posted Image Feel free to start a new thread for that info since mine's title is a bit confusing for non old school players.

This post has been edited by fooby: 07 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#9 User is offline   PropWash 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

We are going to try very hard to get to 10-12 next year. We are already working on commitments to get it done.

#10 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Just wondering if you had any update for 2014, I know it will be from 6-12 pods but currently trying to finalize my travel plans and this will actually make a difference in what I decide to do.

Also for those who have never been inside one of the Tesla II pods, it's as close to piloting a real mech as you are likely ever going to get. (the images and MFD data is from the older 4.0 game system, not the current Firestorm)
Posted Image
And yes all of those buttons DO have a function, but you really only need to know about 3 buttons (and how a joystick/throttle conceptually functions) to play and have a great time. The PC equivalent (Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries) was released under a free license (Free to download/play) with around 80 additional mechs added and is a great way to get a feel for what you will experience (and practice before ACen). Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

This post has been edited by fooby: 24 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#11 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

not gunna lie. wouldn't mind seeing the new mechwarrior online game ran in one of the pods. then again. this is more fun.

#12 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

Would be fun to see, and have plans to do so at some point (not fully functional). Sadly I have learned that Propwash is not running the Mechbay this year, tried to get in contact with the person who is to answer a few questions but have had no luck so I'll leave the questions here incase the ACen staff are able to find out.

How many pods are you going to be able to bring?
How will the pricing/packages be setup this year? (did the $100 pre-order 30 mission thing the last 2 years)

Is the Fallout Shelter crew coming as usual to help run with their laptop registration and up-coming drop list?
Are your pods running 5.07beta? (So you have the Blackhawk, RIfleman, Urban Mech ect?)
Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#13 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

these need to be answered...we need a way to front page this

#14 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Well I've found out from Jeff (the one who's pods will be used) that there will be 6 pods again, should be 5.07 version (what they have ran the last few years), the Fallout Shelter crew is not manning it so not sure about registration method and not sure on pricing. He should be posting either on facebook, here or I don't know where sometime soon. Kinda wish the ACen staff could have gotten this information, most people don't know Nick, and other VWE owner/former members ect.

Not sure who you are Nikku, I only remember callsigns like Blemtron, Azn, Black2, and Scruffinator, but I will only be there on saturday after finding this out.

This post has been edited by fooby: 24 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#15 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

normally use callsigns like Riffan, or big bear.

#16 User is offline   PropWash 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

Hello there! I wont speak for Jeff (GhostHawk) but I'll do my best to set the tone.

First off, I believe the Fallout Shelter crew WILL be there. I'm not certain about the sign-up registration system, but I think there is a good chance itll be there.

Secondly, GhostHawk will have the mostly the same equipment that has been used in the past. While he decides how things are done, I'm fairly sure that the experience will be nearly identical to the experience in the past when they were "mechjock.com" events.

Jeff has worked nearly EVERY event since we started touring and is fully committed to our player base and the crew will be an experienced crew.

Lastly, I should be there late Friday night through Sunday. The reason we changed it up this year was that I had other commitments that prevented me from running pod operations for 2014. Jeff graciously accepted the challenge and took over the road-show for 2014.

As for pre-sales, I'm pretty sure there will be the usual special mech-god packages available on site.

#17 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

So, the pods will be there again? Any idea where they will be located, as they are not listed anywhere. Also, any postings on what cost will be?
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#18 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Should be in the United room like the last 3 years (next to the rosemont ballroom in the Hyatt, behind and to the left of the big staircase). I'm guessing prices will be the same as other years, $5 per mission, $20 for 5 missions, $50 for 13 and $100 for between 28 and 30 (7 min missions).

Sorry if I sounded upset Nick, I got the info from Ruben after he asked Jeff on my behalf and sending him and email directly. I didn't recognize Jeff's name (didn't click until ruben mentioned brocktoberfest), was more annoyed that ACen couldn't get the information directly. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces, though this year I'll only be there on Saturday with my $100 ready for translocation.

This post has been edited by fooby: 07 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#19 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Are they going to be there on Thursday again this year?
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#20 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

They arrive on thursday afternoon for unloading and setup through the evening so they are ready to go on friday (doubt it will be any different from the last 3 years). I didn't go the forum M&G last year as I was helping them setup. I may be going around the convention and give out a few mission vouchers on saturday.

EDIT: Just realized you ran the "lets form a stand alone complex" panel last year... If I see you in the podbay or around, count yourself as having a free mission. (extra cash from not dealing with a room)

This post has been edited by fooby: 07 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#21 User is offline   PropWash 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Well I might be incorrect regarding the Minneapolis FSA crew.

I'm not completely looped in and I thought they were going to be there, but, Reuben may certainly know better and have more updated info.

I'm just now starting to get looped in, and reiterate that I'm just trying to help out, not running the show this year, so take anything I say with a grain of salt, I'm just trying to help get the word out.

#22 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

Not a problem at all, nice to hear from someone more "official" anyways. $150 for this year well spent.
Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#23 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

View Postfooby, on 07 May 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

They arrive on thursday afternoon for unloading and setup through the evening so they are ready to go on friday (doubt it will be any different from the last 3 years). I didn't go the forum M&G last year as I was helping them setup. I may be going around the convention and give out a few mission vouchers on saturday.

EDIT: Just realized you ran the "lets form a stand alone complex" panel last year... If I see you in the podbay or around, count yourself as having a free mission. (extra cash from not dealing with a room)

YAY! I played last year on Thursday evening and it was awesome since it was like first dibs and my friends and I are hoping to make it a tradition of "Mechin' it out" on Thursday before ACen

And yup, thats me! :) I'm doing it again this year too :D. And sounds good! I'll be dressed up as Motoko from 2nd GIG and my pod name 100% of the time is Motoko related, ha! :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#24 User is offline   PropWash 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

I spoke with Frank "Cyd" from FSA. Sounds like a carload of the Minneapolis crew WILL be at ACen.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users