Anime Central Forums: help want to be a staff for ACen 2913 is it to late - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

help want to be a staff for ACen 2913 is it to late helppppp

#1 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hi ravenfinch here i thought i would be able to buy my badge but things fell out and now bascily i need a badge for me and 1 freind (if it still open to do so).I will take anything that needs help in this way i can go to the con,have fun,help people and get more volt. work for my resume.i will be patient and wait for a reply i just hope its for this ACen, if so ill just have to pray for a miracle.Thankyou all that can help.

This post has been edited by ravenfinch: 30 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Well, seeing that's 900 years from now, you have plenty of time. Lol Joking aside....

No offense dude, but if you are trying to be added on (volunteer work, or a job) to somewhere, you might want to put a little more effort into spelling and grammar. (Not to mention, stating you only really want to apply just because of the badges...)

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 30 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

View Postravenfinch, on 30 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

In despt. need of a badge for ACen also in need of more volt. work i can have for my resume.i sgin an app. almost a week ago but no reponce i even contacted the board for this i think the volt. head and still nothing yet all i need is a badge for me and freinds and food as well for me.and since i know im late ill take anything and any time i can find.if anyone can help me quickly ill be ever so grateful.thankyou

You're about 900 years too early.....D&D for the next 900 years anyone? I'm a 12th level vice president
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

You may be a bit late to apply for staff- you need to put in an application and they will contact you if they have room. Volunteers need to have a badge already, as Zeth already told you on the volunteer thread. Also, in the past as staff you get your badge + 1 friend badge- the other 2 are for family only. I do not think this has changed. If it hasnt you would only be able to provide 1 badge for a friend, and only if comp'd badge applications are still open, they may or may not be.

Basically, be patient and understand they may not be able to take you this year, but you may be able to get in for next years convention. Hopefully this answered all your questions, I had a bit of trouble understanding what you were trying to ask.
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#5 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

lol sorry yeah i didnt check my spelling i just typed and im on my xbox.well thankyou for helping me kungpowkitty.i will indeed wait.and i might have a job soon so that will be a backup too.also is my wanting a badge and volt. such a bad thing as long as i work my 24+ hours you need not care xenoblade bc it not you and fyi you didnt help just saying.

#6 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

also zeth answerd a diff. question not begin a full staff.

#7 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Yes, it is a bit too late. The last staff picks are gonna be chosen by Monday. Tips for next year, try to do it with time. Because applying is more than an application, it takes time.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (100% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (90% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (80% complete, will buy 20% at con)

#8 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

View Postravenfinch, on 30 March 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

lol sorry yeah i didnt check my spelling i just typed and im on my xbox.well thankyou for helping me kungpowkitty.i will indeed wait.and i might have a job soon so that will be a backup too.also is my wanting a badge and volt. such a bad thing as long as i work my 24+ hours you need not care xenoblade bc it not you and fyi you didnt help just saying.

Your welcome. I know how fustrating that can be, believe me :)

View Postravenfinch, on 30 March 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

also zeth answerd a diff. question not begin a full staff.

I was a bit confused if you wanted to volunteer or be staff. Some people dont know the difference.

- KungPowKirby
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#9 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

well i should be good if not loe welll thanks all

#10 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

ohhh and staff bc they get badeges and help out at the same time.

#11 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

View Postravenfinch, on 30 March 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

My advice wasn't really meant for the now...but just stuff in life. I Don't care bout your reasons and if you get it or not. I was just passing helpful advice. You'll be taken a lot more seriously that way. Take it for what you will. Listen or ignore...doesn't really matter to me.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 30 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#12 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Then why did you comment back XenoBlade. Any who I will do neither since I made a mistake. My grammar and spelling, is well enough and most likely higher than yours. So please keep your comments to yourself because it not needed nor wanted. Thank You

#13 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Just gonna make a point here, ravenfinch, and say that Xeno's grammar is better. Also, the proper response to well-meaning advice like his (which I fully agree with, by the way) is: "Thank you."

This post has been edited by Valkyrie: 30 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#14 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

yet i say whatever.thankyou

#15 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

well anywho i so happy because i got my freind to buy my badge.So thankyou all that was helpful to me..So im done with this post byeee.

#16 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Please don't be rude, Xeno has a point.
With bad grammar you come across as something you probably are not.
It's helpful advice to avoid misunderstandings.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (100% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (90% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (80% complete, will buy 20% at con)

#17 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Speaking as a manager, this is a point that I feel many people can benefit from.

When you communicate by writing, that represents you. How you do things, and the amount of care and intelligence you put into the things you do. That is the recipient's first and only impression of you, be it a forum post, a job application or even just tweeting.

If what you send looks rushed, sloppy and full of mistakes, that's how you're saying you're going to do the job you're applying for. Of course, stating an ulterior motive doesn't help your case much either.

If you put some serious effort into it, pay attention to spelling and grammar, remember capitalization and punctuation and double check for typos before you send it, then you're telling people that you're an intelligent and organized hard worker that pays attention to what you're doing.

Show people that you're worth taking a risk on, and they usually will.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#18 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

I just want to clarify that this isn't necessarily the reason ravenfinch hasn't heard back on his or her application yet. Out Staffing people get a lot of applications to slog through, plus about 20 deadlines are coming due Monday. They have to handle all that while leading their own lives outside the convention. They all volunteer their own time for this duty, which pretty much puts it under the definition of a hobby. Paying the rent and feeding the family always has to come first. Be patient. If there's a job for you, you'll hear back.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#19 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Your right well i will apologize to XenoBlade that my grammar should have been correct the first time.Atlas he was still rude in the way he told me if he wanted to tell me something like that to help or whatever he should have told me in a private message..Also Thank You very much Smokey that was very helpful.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users