Anime Central Forums: Afternoon Tea with ZUN, CLAMP, and Nasu: Your Doujin 101 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Afternoon Tea with ZUN, CLAMP, and Nasu: Your Doujin 101

Poll: Afternoon Tea with ZUN, CLAMP, and Nasu: Your Doujin 101 (7 member(s) have cast votes)

What does the word Doujin mean to you?

1. Urrr...What's That? (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Fan-based/Non-original...all the fan-shipping (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

3. Manga...more manga (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

4. R18/Adult Only/Hentai...ya pervert (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Your favorite doujin artist/group?

1. The great almight ZUN(and his beer) (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Type Moon(Nasu) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. CLAMP...for there is no coincidence but only necessity (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. 7th Expansion(USODA!) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Four Leaf Studio(WAHAHAHAHAHAH!) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Others(Please share it as a response!) (2 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote

#1 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Update: Thank you all for coming to my panel today! My deep apology for the technical issue that made the first half almost a tragic, but u guys' enthusiastic participation makes up for that for sure! If you have any comment and opinion about how I can make this panel better, please share it! I would love to hear your comments about this panel! Once again, great time with you guys.
P.S. If u will be at Artist Alley, pay my table a visit!

This panel would start at 12pm Friday! Look forward to meet you all there!!! Bring your doujin "loot" too!!!!

Posted ImageWhat on hell is doujin(同人)/doujinshi(同人誌)?
You might look at me now with an expression: "What on hell is this Japanese?"

Posted Image

Fear not, even if you never heard of this term before, if visiting artist alley at con is part of your con schedule, if you like check DeviantArt/Pixiv on the daily base, or if any of the names(ZUN, NASU, CLAMP) listed in the panel title rings a bell for ya, u might be more familiar with this term that you expected.
Doujin, or indie art creation, is an extremely essential part for the Eastern Asian anime world, to the point many major Eastern Asian cons like Comiket, Reitaisai, FF, CTW etc are only composed of only doujinshi selling and cosplay. It is also common to hear people spending
their fortune just for doujinshis...for god sake why?

Posted Image

...Some might call this madness, while some might comment "PFFT, that's all you got?"

Furthermore, many anime, manga or game that you are familiar with are inspired or originated from doujinshi or doujin group. Such as Higurashi, Tsukihime, Touhou(OF COURSE!), Magical Knight Rayearth or even more recently Maoyū Maō Yūsha.
Even if you aren't familiar with anime, you might at least heard of Homestuck or Katawa Shoujo.

...Yes, I said,
Katawa Shoujo
Posted Image

Some of your doujin fans might now look at me and say "Well, that's all cool bro, but I am not here to listen to these FACTS that are like common sense to us" Don't worry, this is not another boring informational panel just for newbies. In fact, the more hardcore you are, the merrier!
Posted Image
...Indeed, this world needs more girl like her (=w=)

But here I digress, in sum, I will cover a wide range of topics including various misconception/myth about doujin culture(as reflected in the panel topic), sharing great works created by doujin artists, discussing the reason behind such popularity from both creator and consumer perspective, and last but not least, sharing my personal experience as a doujin artist.

Posted Image
...or maybe this have sum it up already Posted Image/>

More importantly, I am hyped to hear your opinion and passion too! Who knows, maybe at the end of the day, maybe even you want to give a try on creating your own fantasy world and share it with others! In fact, here is an announcement:

Anyone who is willing to share his or her purchase of doujin item(music, game, artwork etc), you get a FREE PRIZE from me!

This post has been edited by SargentJY: 18 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#2 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

So I accidentally made a typo mistake for the topic and instead of "Afternoon" I typed it as "fternoon". I tried to correct it but somehow I can't either modify the title or just delete the topic. Sorry for the stupid mistake and the confusion that might be caused by it.

This post has been edited by SargentJY: 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#3 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Announcement:

This panel will be held at 12PM on Friday! Look forward to meet all of you!

#4 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Glad to hear this isn't going to just be an intro panel that's useless to people who already know what they're doing to some extent. I've been pondering going to this but wanted to be sure it wouldn't be super intro-y. Now I can pretty much guarantee I'll be there, unless there's some sort of huge conflict. Or unless I die horribly beforehand.

...Or unless Hen Da Ne distracts me so badly that I lose track of time.

--Your friendly neighborhood Konata type
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#5 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 17 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Glad to hear this isn't going to just be an intro panel that's useless to people who already know what they're doing to some extent. I've been pondering going to this but wanted to be sure it wouldn't be super intro-y. Now I can pretty much guarantee I'll be there, unless there's some sort of huge conflict. Or unless I die horribly beforehand.

...Or unless Hen Da Ne distracts me so badly that I lose track of time.

--Your friendly neighborhood Konata type

I will stay at your hotel room the day before, so I will make sure u survive(?)

#6 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

This panel would start at 12pm Friday! Look forward to meet you all there!!! Bring your doujin "loot" too!!!!

#7 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Excellent! And I did in fact finish my Rin cosplay so I should be dressed appropriately~
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#8 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

Update: Thank you all for coming to my panel today! My deep apology for the technical issue that made the first half almost a tragic, but u guys' enthusiastic participation makes up for that for sure! If you have any comment and opinion about how I can make this panel better, please share it! I would love to hear your comments about this panel! Once again, great time with you guys.
P.S. If u will be at Artist Alley, pay my table a visit!

#9 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

You did a great job with this <3 glad I made it, and sorry I ultimately missed the VN one. Glad it went well!
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#10 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 19 May 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

You did a great job with this <3 glad I made it, and sorry I ultimately missed the VN one. Glad it went well!

Thanks, really hope there wasnt a tech issue ;A;
Also, don't worry about the VN panel, I blame the ACen room arrangement.

#11 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, that room was far too small for the topic at hand! It makes sense that doujin didn't fill up since it wasn't an 18+ panel (which is proooobably why most congoers care about doujin, sadly), but I'm not surprised that you filled a small room for a VN panel.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#12 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 19 May 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yeah, that room was far too small for the topic at hand! It makes sense that doujin didn't fill up since it wasn't an 18+ panel (which is proooobably why most congoers care about doujin, sadly), but I'm not surprised that you filled a small room for a VN panel.

Yeah, next year(if I am still around), I will ask for a bigger room+better time lol

#13 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I hope you do these panels again! And I'd like to get a chance to talk a bit more. I'm glad you stayed in my room for a bit. It was super nice to get to know you <3
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#14 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 19 May 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

I hope you do these panels again! And I'd like to get a chance to talk a bit more. I'm glad you stayed in my room for a bit. It was super nice to get to know you <3

Haha, I am grateful I have somewhere to stay and sorry for spending most time at first floor finishing up my panels XD

#15 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

No, that's fine! I just wanted to make sure you came back up before we all fell asleep! We all liked having you around when you were here. You'd be welcome to room with me again in the future btw
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users