• You cannot reply to this topic

Capcom Retro Releases Two titles recently announced

#1 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Capcom, suffering a string of bad press, has announced a couple of very interesting titles.

One, a Dungeon's and Dragon's collection and a remastered DuckTales.

I am quite eager for some DuckTales love.

#2 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

I R excite 2
>Relevant
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#3 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Until they un-cancel Mega Man Legends 3 no one is going to be sweet talked.

But I blame the popularity of the Moon Theme for a Ducktales remake.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#4 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 24 March 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

But I blame the popularity of the Moon Theme for a Ducktales remake.

Moon theme is indeed epic.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#5 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

The D&D collection interests me as it has a bit of a Guardian Heroes feel with the level progression of characters. Now we just need a rerelease of The King of Dragons and Knight of the Round. The Wii U version is also getting unique gamepad features such as inventory management.

The Ducktales announcement caught me completely off guard. Not only is it being rebuilt from the ground up by Wayforward they even got back the original voice cast to reprise their roles excluding some members such as the late Hamilton Camp who voiced Gizmoduck and Gyro. From what I understand CAPCOM has claimed if the Ducktales remake does well they'll also remake the Aladdin, Darkwing Duck, and Chip n Dale games.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#6 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 25 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

The D&D collection interests me as it has a bit of a Guardian Heroes feel with the level progression of characters. Now we just need a rerelease of The King of Dragons and Knight of the Round. The Wii U version is also getting unique gamepad features such as inventory management.

The Ducktales announcement caught me completely off guard. Not only is it being rebuilt from the ground up by Wayforward they even got back the original voice cast to reprise their roles excluding some members such as the late Hamilton Camp who voiced Gizmoduck and Gyro. From what I understand CAPCOM has claimed if the Ducktales remake does well they'll also remake the Aladdin, Darkwing Duck, and Chip n Dale games.

I'd love to have a Chip n Dale's remake.

#7 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

http://www.eventhubs...t-two-launches/

Maybe Capcom needs to step their games up (hehee...) and invest some time in some new material.

The only reason why I want to play Ducktales is because of The Moon theme. I've never played this game, but that theme is remixed by everyone and it's in "I Wanna be the Guy."
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#8 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostWhodigiya, on 06 April 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

http://www.eventhubs...t-two-launches/

Maybe Capcom needs to step their games up (hehee...) and invest some time in some new material.

The only reason why I want to play Ducktales is because of The Moon theme. I've never played this game, but that theme is remixed by everyone and it's in "I Wanna be the Guy."

Well, maybe if gamers would actually put their money where their mouths are and SUPPORT new material (which is rare) we could get some new stuff
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#9 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 07 April 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Well, maybe if gamers would actually put their money where their mouths are and SUPPORT new material (which is rare) we could get some new stuff

You mean like this? Because if this isn't an example of gamers putting their money where their mouth is then I don't know what is. This was insane.

I don't think it's all that rare. There's a lot of smaller games getting big time support from parodies and remakes (Mega Man X SF and Black Mesa) to original content (pretty much anything by Team Meat and Terraria). Steam Greenlight is a great example of players making their voices heard and backing the games they want. I don't think this sort of environment existed ten years ago.

The problem is that game companies like Capcom are trying to appeal to the new audiences AND the old one all at the same time and it ends up being rehashes and ports. I think Sonic Team did it right with Sonic Generations. They had a healthy balance between the old and the new. Capcom seems to barely be trying with their cross generation attempts. It's either all the way on one side or the other and seldom in between. The good thing about this Ducktales thing is that it can appeal to a variety of people, although I don't know how many kids will relate outside of it being a Disney IP featuring talking ducks. (Does that show still come on anymore and do any kids still watch it?)

To keep somewhat on topic, I'd be willing to try the demo for Ducktales. I'm not sure if I'll buy it, though. I gotta hear that remixed Moon theme! I got Darkstalkers Resurrection. I'm not sure how I feel about that game.

This post has been edited by Whodigiya: 08 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#10 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostWhodigiya, on 08 April 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'd be willing to try the demo for Ducktales. I'm not sure if I'll buy it, though. I gotta hear that remixed Moon theme!

THIS

This post has been edited by YoungBirdcall: 24 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users