Japanese Seiyuu: Yuu Asakawa

#31 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

DANG! I had a panel at 12pm Friday ;A;
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#32 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17536

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Awesome! Thanks El Ken!
Anime Central Attendee (2008-Current)

"ACen is like a three day vacation in another world. It's like a filler arc in everyone's life where nothing stressful matters, for that weekend."

#33 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

a few kind words from Asakawa's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Julia320

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 20 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#34 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yuu Asakawa was an amazing guest! She was very cool and down to earth. Also, her panels were educational and fun :)

"ACen is like a three day vacation in another world. It's like a filler arc in everyone's life where nothing stressful matters, for that weekend."

#35 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I loved her live-voice dubbing panel. It was the coolest thing ever! Definitely one of my favorite panels I went to this year. :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#36 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 22 May 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

I loved her live-voice dubbing panel. It was the coolest thing ever! Definitely one of my favorite panels I went to this year. :)/>

You should have seen me scrambling the Wednesday before con to put together those clips for her to use in that panel. I heard good things about it, and we'll look to do similar things in the future. Though, ideally, I won't be the one preparing the clips for that type of panel.

Thanks much for the feedback!
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#37 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 22 May 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

You should have seen me scrambling the Wednesday before con to put together those clips for her to use in that panel. I heard good things about it, and we'll look to do similar things in the future. Though, ideally, I won't be the one preparing the clips for that type of panel.

Thanks much for the feedback!

The clips actually worked really well, and it was a great hit with all of us in there. You picked great ones, since it let her show very "still" acting as Ms. Asakawa put it. And the battle scene from (shoot I can't remember the anime name--I haven't seen it yet... :3) was awesome and really showed how she gets super into her acting. It was great. So you did a great job, and thanks for inviting a great guest! :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#38 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 22 May 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

The clips actually worked really well, and it was a great hit with all of us in there. You picked great ones, since it let her show very "still" acting as Ms. Asakawa put it. And the battle scene from (shoot I can't remember the anime name--I haven't seen it yet... :3) was awesome and really showed how she gets super into her acting. It was great. So you did a great job, and thanks for inviting a great guest! :)/>

Well, they picked the clips. I just removed Asakawa-san's lines from the audio after ripping from the source disks.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#39 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ooooh okay. But either way it was great! :)

#40 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

I agree about it being an interesting panel :) It was cool to see the dubbing in real time.
Also, the panel with Yuu, Chris, and Brad was cool too. I like how they explained the different techniques of voice acting, by region.

This post has been edited by glenburg89: 22 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

#41 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Postglenburg89, on 22 May 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

I agree about it being an interesting panel :)/> It was cool to see the dubbing in real time.
Also, the panel with Yuu, Chris, and Brad was cool too. I like how they explained the different techniques of voice acting, by region.

I wish I could have seen that panel! Ah well. But I hope they do more panels in the future like that--Japanese voice acting versus American. I think it's a really cool topic to discuss and explore.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users