Anime Central Forums: Offering Art Freebies to Panels for Giveaways - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Offering Art Freebies to Panels for Giveaways First come first serve for each series, take a look!

Poll: Offering Art Freebies to Panels for Giveaways (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested in getting some free merchandise for a panel?

  1. YES! Sign me up! (8 votes [100.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 100.00%

  2. Nah, not my panel's thing (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. Not hosting a panel, but I'll definitely be dropping by your table! (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi there!
I'm Natalie from IcyPanther's Art Shop. I'm always looking for ways to share my art and get some exposure, and I was thinking one way to do that might be to offer freebies for panels.
I got the idea when I was at Youmacon last November and a fellow artist asked if I'd be willing to donate some stuff to her Sailor Moon panel for prizes, and it got me thinking.

So here's what I am proposing. If you are hosting a panel and want to do a giveway of some sort, I'd like to give you some free merchandise, with the idea that you can pass out some of my business cards and say a little blurb about me and where to find me in the artist alley (I'm table 98 btw!). I know that there are a ton of panels, and I can't do them all so I'm offering this on a first come, first serve basis for each series. I.e., I'll give things out to the first Pokemon panel that contacts me, not the second or third.

I have a variety of items, but it would be up to me to choose what to give out. You must also be honest and promise to give the items to your panel attendees and not keep them for yourself. We can work out the kinks later if anyone is intersted, but you'd be able to drop by my table after the AA opens on Friday to come pick up some freebies and a bunch of business cards.

So, for anyone interested, here is a list of series that I will be offering some free art for. If you are hosting a panel (and you must be hosting it) and want some stuff, please post here on the forum. Do not contact me via message or your request will be ignored.

The series offered include:
  • Avatar the Last Airbender: pyrrhicvictini
  • Avatar: Legend of Korra
  • Avengers
  • Axis Powers Hetalia: Haro
  • Fairy Tail
  • Fruits Basket
  • FMA
  • Harry Potter
  • My Little Pony (will take up to 2 panels)
  • Naruto: Haro (general)
  • One Piece: Sayuri-chan (general)
  • Pokemon (will take up to 2 panels): Kamen Rider Gumo AND ____
  • Sailor Moon
  • Soul Eater
  • Wolf's Rain


Now, what is my art? You can check it out on my Etsy Shop for what I offer, but it can be anything from keychains, buttons, stickers, bookmarks, miniatures or even little mancala stones (not pictured in shop).

So post away if interested. I'll keep this post updated as things move along. Look forward to giving some stuff out!

This post has been edited by IcyPanther: 29 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#2 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hi,
I'm hosting two panels this year (see my signature for more information), and we are always looking for free prizes to give out. I would love to receive whatever you would like to donate to our panel. We would most definitely give you credit and a shout out throughout the panels to give you some extra exposure. We have requested our panels to be later on Saturday, but it could help you during the Sunday last-minute shoppers or your e-site. We will give out whatever you donate, so mix/match any of your merchandise how you see fit. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen aka Sayuri-chan
Chump #3
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#3 User is offline   Fantasia 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205
  • Posts: 244
  • Joined: 25-February 13
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Oh hi! There is going to be a disney panel hosted by a friend of mine, and some free merch sounds like a great idea.
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Imp Midna LoZ Twilight Princess
Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#4 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 14 March 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Hi,
I'm hosting two panels this year (see my signature for more information), and we are always looking for free prizes to give out. I would love to receive whatever you would like to donate to our panel. We would most definitely give you credit and a shout out throughout the panels to give you some extra exposure. We have requested our panels to be later on Saturday, but it could help you during the Sunday last-minute shoppers or your e-site. We will give out whatever you donate, so mix/match any of your merchandise how you see fit. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen aka Sayuri-chan
Chump #3


Hi Kristen,
Looks like some APH panels? I'm happy to set you up with the APH slot :) Thanks! I just drew some more APH characters (Prussia, Russia, France and Canada) so should have some fun stuff for you!
I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#5 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostFantasia, on 15 March 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Oh hi! There is going to be a disney panel hosted by a friend of mine, and some free merch sounds like a great idea.

Hi Fantasia!
I'm afraid I don't really have any Disney merchandise to hand out :( Sorry!
Hope your panel goes well though!

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#6 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 15 March 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Hi Kristen,
Looks like some APH panels? I'm happy to set you up with the APH slot :)/> Thanks! I just drew some more APH characters (Prussia, Russia, France and Canada) so should have some fun stuff for you!


It's not Hetalia. We run quiz panels so any and all series are up for grabs; a fellow Chump of mine would appreciate the Hetalia merch though! We don't really have any Hetalia prizes. A lot of it is merch from other series, dvd's, posters, etc. So that would be great! We can set up a time to meet up on Friday if you like; I frequent Artists Alley often. (One of my favorite hangouts~) Thanks again!
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#7 User is offline   Bloo09 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17891
  • Posts: 2,255
  • Joined: 14-April 08
  • Location:Chicago ish

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostFantasia, on 15 March 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Oh hi! There is going to be a disney panel hosted by a friend of mine, and some free merch sounds like a great idea.


A disney panel? What's the name of it if you know?
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#8 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 15 March 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

It's not Hetalia. We run quiz panels so any and all series are up for grabs; a fellow Chump of mine would appreciate the Hetalia merch though! We don't really have any Hetalia prizes. A lot of it is merch from other series, dvd's, posters, etc. So that would be great! We can set up a time to meet up on Friday if you like; I frequent Artists Alley often. (One of my favorite hangouts~) Thanks again!


Hehe, whoops. I saw the Russian and then the other panel and thought that was what you meant.
What series do you think you'll be doing? I'll try and put a few different things together :)

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#9 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 15 March 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Hehe, whoops. I saw the Russian and then the other panel and thought that was what you meant.
What series do you think you'll be doing? I'll try and put a few different things together :)/>



Heh, no worries!~ We'll be doing questions from a ton of different series and video games. Persona, Blue Exorcist, Baka to Test, Hetalia, Kyou Kara Maoh, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Princess Tutu, The World God Only Knows, World Ends With You, Gundam Wing, Catherine, PreTear, Code Geass, Tegami Bachi, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, and tons more. Any of the above, and pretty much anything you can think of, and we'll have questions on it. We have various difficulty levels, so some questions are harder than others, so any combination of the above or whatever you're up to supplying for us is helpful. We collect things throughout the year to add to our "prize fodder" box to bring for these panels (we've run them for three years now), so we always have a wide variety of items.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#10 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 940
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 15 March 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Heh, no worries!~ We'll be doing questions from a ton of different series and video games. Persona, Blue Exorcist, Baka to Test, Hetalia, Kyou Kara Maoh, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Princess Tutu, The World God Only Knows, World Ends With You, Gundam Wing, Catherine, PreTear, Code Geass, Tegami Bachi, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, and tons more. Any of the above, and pretty much anything you can think of, and we'll have questions on it. We have various difficulty levels, so some questions are harder than others, so any combination of the above or whatever you're up to supplying for us is helpful. We collect things throughout the year to add to our "prize fodder" box to bring for these panels (we've run them for three years now), so we always have a wide variety of items.


KYO KARA MAOH! *squees* Now I'm going to have to go to your panel! <3
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#11 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 15 March 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Heh, no worries!~ We'll be doing questions from a ton of different series and video games. Persona, Blue Exorcist, Baka to Test, Hetalia, Kyou Kara Maoh, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Princess Tutu, The World God Only Knows, World Ends With You, Gundam Wing, Catherine, PreTear, Code Geass, Tegami Bachi, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, and tons more. Any of the above, and pretty much anything you can think of, and we'll have questions on it. We have various difficulty levels, so some questions are harder than others, so any combination of the above or whatever you're up to supplying for us is helpful. We collect things throughout the year to add to our "prize fodder" box to bring for these panels (we've run them for three years now), so we always have a wide variety of items.


Sounds good! I'll get a little assortment of goodies together and you can hand out as needed :) You'll just need to swing by the table sometime Friday (at table 98) and I can give you everything :) I'm not sure what time the alley opens at, but I'll be there till close Friday, so about 7pm probably :)
I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#12 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 15 March 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

KYO KARA MAOH! *squees* Now I'm going to have to go to your panel! <3


;) We always welcome everyone! Lots of fun tiems to be had at our panels. :D And you can win stuff! Which is always nice~

@IcyPanther: Good to know! I'll see you sometime on Friday; not sure which costume I'll be in, but it'll probably be Minako/Hamuko from Persona 3 Portable~
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#13 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Posting to see if there are any more takers :)
I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#14 User is offline   pyrrhicvictini 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62808
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 06-November 12

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm doing "The Cultures Behind Avatar the Last Airbender" & I'd be interested in some A:TLA art! I'd be sure to give you a shout out & I can give out cards if people are interested. Your pins & charms are especially cute.

I was wondering whether or not it's okay to give them out by, say, having a "quiz" & giving them to a attendee who answers correctly or something? Or should they be given away by a drawing?

I just don't know if there are rules about this.

This post has been edited by pyrrhicvictini: 27 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Cosplays
  • White Mage
  • Chell
  • Leafeon Gijinka

Panelist for The Cultures Behind Avatar: The Last Airbender & Fundamental Legal Concepts in Gaming
If you'd enjoy some educational panels, be sure to check us out!

#15 User is offline   Kamen Rider Gumo 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63025
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 17-January 13
  • Location:West Virginia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm doing a retro gaming panel focusing on the 80s and 90s, and a Pokemon bookmark for my trivia prize section would be ideal - especially something specific to Generation I. (I like to have gaming-themed bookmarks for my strategy guides, which is what gave me the idea when I saw your post.) Thanks in advance.
Why did I choose a Red Ribbon soldier for my cosplay? Because I'm a little short for a Stormtrooper.

#16 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postpyrrhicvictini, on 27 March 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'm doing "The Cultures Behind Avatar the Last Airbender" & I'd be interested in some A:TLA art! I'd be sure to give you a shout out & I can give out cards if people are interested. Your pins & charms are especially cute.

I was wondering whether or not it's okay to give them out by, say, having a "quiz" & giving them to a attendee who answers correctly or something? Or should they be given away by a drawing?

I just don't know if there are rules about this.


Hi there!
Sounds great! Happy to give you some ATLA things :) You'll just need to drop by the table on Friday (please give me an ETA so I can make sure I have your stuff ready!).
I'm fine if you want to do a quiz or something like that :) I have no ideas the rules of panels, but I'm pretty sure quizzes and prizes are allowed. For my refrence, do you happen to know when your panel is?
Thanks very much!


View PostKamen Rider Gumo, on 27 March 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'm doing a retro gaming panel focusing on the 80s and 90s, and a Pokemon bookmark for my trivia prize section would be ideal - especially something specific to Generation I. (I like to have gaming-themed bookmarks for my strategy guides, which is what gave me the idea when I saw your post.) Thanks in advance.


Sounds like a fun panel!
I unfortunatley do not have Pokemon bookmarks (I filled up my last space available with some new Harry Potter ones!) but I have some Pokemon buttons or a sticker sheet (all stickers are Gen. 1 and I have several Gen. 1 buttons) if that would work.
Just let me know if that's okay and what time you might be dropping by the table on Friday. Also, the name and date/time of your panel too!
Thanks!

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#17 User is offline   pyrrhicvictini 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62808
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 06-November 12

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 27 March 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Hi there!
Sounds great! Happy to give you some ATLA things :)/>/> You'll just need to drop by the table on Friday (please give me an ETA so I can make sure I have your stuff ready!).
I'm fine if you want to do a quiz or something like that :)/>/> I have no ideas the rules of panels, but I'm pretty sure quizzes and prizes are allowed. For my refrence, do you happen to know when your panel is?
Thanks very much!




Sounds like a fun panel!
I unfortunatley do not have Pokemon bookmarks (I filled up my last space available with some new Harry Potter ones!) but I have some Pokemon buttons or a sticker sheet (all stickers are Gen. 1 and I have several Gen. 1 buttons) if that would work.
Just let me know if that's okay and what time you might be dropping by the table on Friday. Also, the name and date/time of your panel too!
Thanks!



I can probably drop by early to pick up the art. I'm most likely arriving at the convention between 6:30-7am Friday because the megabus is so awesome.

This post has been edited by pyrrhicvictini: 27 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Cosplays
  • White Mage
  • Chell
  • Leafeon Gijinka

Panelist for The Cultures Behind Avatar: The Last Airbender & Fundamental Legal Concepts in Gaming
If you'd enjoy some educational panels, be sure to check us out!

#18 User is offline   AkaRisu 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63327
  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Oh my goodness- everything you make is so cute! My panels are about cosplay broadly, so I don't know how relevant any specific goodies are (but if you think you have something that would work, I'd be more than happy to help you advertise).

#19 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

View Postpyrrhicvictini, on 27 March 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I can probably drop by early to pick up the art. I'm most likely arriving at the convention between 6:30-7am Friday because the megabus is so awesome.


Dang, that is early! I won't even be there yet =p I'm afraid you won't be able to get into the hall till it opens (I think 12pm? Or is it 11am?) but I'll look for you :)/>
I'l put some things then, thanks! :D/> Thanks!

This post has been edited by IcyPanther: 28 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#20 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

View Postpyrrhicvictini, on 27 March 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'm doing "The Cultures Behind Avatar the Last Airbender" & I'd be interested in some A:TLA art! I'd be sure to give you a shout out & I can give out cards if people are interested. Your pins & charms are especially cute.

I was wondering whether or not it's okay to give them out by, say, having a "quiz" & giving them to a attendee who answers correctly or something? Or should they be given away by a drawing?

I just don't know if there are rules about this.


Answering your question as a fellow panelist and someone who's done this kind of thing before: quizzes and raffles are perfectly OK for your panel. You can give out anything but food/drink related items due to the hotels regulations. (No pocky, ramune, ramen, candy or any of the like even if it's prepackaged. Food/drink is a no-no.) Quiz questions and questions you pose to the audience are the best ways to get your audience involved! Small freebies like what IcyPanther is giving out are great ways to entice your audience to stay and participate in your panel. If you have any other questions, just ask! Good luck!
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#21 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostAkaRisu, on 27 March 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Oh my goodness- everything you make is so cute! My panels are about cosplay broadly, so I don't know how relevant any specific goodies are (but if you think you have something that would work, I'd be more than happy to help you advertise).


Aww, thanks so much! :happydance:
I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a loss to though of what of my items might help with cosplays. Maybe I could give you one of the small purses I make? I've found that a lot of people like to get one of their character (or character's love interst/best friend, etc.) so they can carry their stuff without taking away from their cosplay. Thoughts? :D

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#22 User is offline   pyrrhicvictini 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62808
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 06-November 12

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 28 March 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Answering your question as a fellow panelist and someone who's done this kind of thing before: quizzes and raffles are perfectly OK for your panel. You can give out anything but food/drink related items due to the hotels regulations. (No pocky, ramune, ramen, candy or any of the like even if it's prepackaged. Food/drink is a no-no.) Quiz questions and questions you pose to the audience are the best ways to get your audience involved! Small freebies like what IcyPanther is giving out are great ways to entice your audience to stay and participate in your panel. If you have any other questions, just ask! Good luck!


Thanks! That helps clear things up. I just remembered reading somewhere about restrictions, but couldn't recall what they were.
Cosplays
  • White Mage
  • Chell
  • Leafeon Gijinka

Panelist for The Cultures Behind Avatar: The Last Airbender & Fundamental Legal Concepts in Gaming
If you'd enjoy some educational panels, be sure to check us out!

#23 User is offline   Enigmarocket 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62829
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 14-November 12
  • Location:Indiana/Michigan

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

I agree with AkaRisu; everything you make is really cute!

I'm running the "Fundamental Legal Concepts in Gaming" panel and while I don't currently reference any of the series you've listed, I just wanted to say thank you for the generous offer. :)

#24 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostEnigmarocket, on 28 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

I agree with AkaRisu; everything you make is really cute!

I'm running the "Fundamental Legal Concepts in Gaming" panel and while I don't currently reference any of the series you've listed, I just wanted to say thank you for the generous offer. :)/>


Aww, thanks Enigma!
Hope your panel goes well! Sorry I can't be of any help for it ^^; It sounds really neat though!

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#25 User is offline   Kamen Rider Gumo 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63025
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 17-January 13
  • Location:West Virginia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Sounds like a fun panel!
I unfortunatley do not have Pokemon bookmarks (I filled up my last space available with some new Harry Potter ones!) but I have some Pokemon buttons or a sticker sheet (all stickers are Gen. 1 and I have several Gen. 1 buttons) if that would work.
Just let me know if that's okay and what time you might be dropping by the table on Friday. Also, the name and date/time of your panel too!
Thanks!

[/quote]


A button and a sticker sheet would be fine! My panel is called "Gaming in Hindsight: Reto-Relevance in 2013" and will be at 3:00 PM on Sunday, May 19. I'll likely be dropping by your table between noon and 2 PM on Friday (I've no guarantee I'll be able to get to the hotel before noon, sorry) to pick up whatever you can spare. Thanks again!
Why did I choose a Red Ribbon soldier for my cosplay? Because I'm a little short for a Stormtrooper.

#26 User is offline   haro 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8437
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 06-November 06
  • Location:Kansas City, MO

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hi! I am running two panels and I'd be interested in getting some freebies and pimping you out. Your stuff is super cute. :D

Our first panel is an Anime Name that Tune panel, and while we have big prizes for the finalists and winners, we'd also like to give something to people that make the semi-finals. I'm pretty open as to what series we'd take. Anything popular and animanga is good.

Second one is a Hetalia panel. I know someone has asked for APH already so it's okay if you can't do it, but our panel is specifically for APH so if we could sneak some stuff in that would be great? We generally do a short round of Hetalia match game while people are trickling into our panel, so we'd love a couple of small prizes for that.

Thanks!
~Kelly
--Part of the Kenshin's Pants Productions Troupe--
ACen Cosplays:
Amelia wil Tesla Saillune- The Slayers
Maya Mari- Samurai Flamenco

#27 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostIcyPanther, on 28 March 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Sounds like a fun panel!
I unfortunatley do not have Pokemon bookmarks (I filled up my last space available with some new Harry Potter ones!) but I have some Pokemon buttons or a sticker sheet (all stickers are Gen. 1 and I have several Gen. 1 buttons) if that would work.
Just let me know if that's okay and what time you might be dropping by the table on Friday. Also, the name and date/time of your panel too!
Thanks!



View PostKamen Rider Gumo, on 28 March 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

A button and a sticker sheet would be fine! My panel is called "Gaming in Hindsight: Reto-Relevance in 2013" and will be at 3:00 PM on Sunday, May 19. I'll likely be dropping by your table between noon and 2 PM on Friday (I've no guarantee I'll be able to get to the hotel before noon, sorry) to pick up whatever you can spare. Thanks again!


Sounds like a plan! No worries on the time; I'll be there till closing of the Alley :)/>/> Thanks!

This post has been edited by IcyPanther: 29 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#28 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

View Postharo, on 28 March 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hi! I am running two panels and I'd be interested in getting some freebies and pimping you out. Your stuff is super cute. :D/>

Our first panel is an Anime Name that Tune panel, and while we have big prizes for the finalists and winners, we'd also like to give something to people that make the semi-finals. I'm pretty open as to what series we'd take. Anything popular and animanga is good.

Second one is a Hetalia panel. I know someone has asked for APH already so it's okay if you can't do it, but our panel is specifically for APH so if we could sneak some stuff in that would be great? We generally do a short round of Hetalia match game while people are trickling into our panel, so we'd love a couple of small prizes for that.

Thanks!


Aww, thank you!
I can smuggle up some APH stuffs for your panel and a few of the more well-known animes for the tunes :)
Could you just let me know when your panels are? (If that's in stone yet; I know they were still moving some things around) and just an ETA of when you'll be by the table on Friday :)
Thanks!

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#29 User is offline   IcyPanther 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 09-August 11
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hey everyone,
Thanks all for showing interest in some free art for your panels!
As a heads up, I am only giving away art to those who confirm and tell me what day/time (approx.) their panel is. Otherwise you will not be receiving art.
I will be leaving this forum open until the end of the week, in which I am then closing (need to start making preparations!). So if you expressed interest but never replied to my original message and/or confirmed, or wanted to sign up now, please do post below.
If you previously posted, please quote. My head is swimming already =p

Confirmed panelists getting things:

  • Sayuri-chan
  • pyrrhicvictini
  • Kamen Rider Guro

Thanks all!

I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#30 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228
  • Posts: 954
  • Joined: 03-November 04
  • Location:Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Replying to give you the exact dates/times for our panels: They start Saturday at 5:15pm, and run through 11pm. I'll see you sometime on Friday or Saturday early depending on when shoots are scheduled. :D Thanks so much for all of your help and the donations!
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users