Progress Pics and Workspaces Share the pics of your hard work and workspace

#61 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostBloody Rose, on 15 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Finished Keyblade...now maybe actually starting Kairi's dress would be a good idea..maybe
Well I think it looks pretty decent considering I lack any artistic ability

Keyblade!

make sure you seal it off properly it looks like you used paper mache. i had a friend do that same keyblade out of paper mache in 2011 and it rained and hers was ruined halfway through saturday.

my new sewing machine makes me happy
Posted Image

Thank god for disappearing ink: i had to edit a pattern to make it larger at the bottom.
Posted Image

i do have the bodice done and i need to add another panel onto the skirt so im actually able to ya know move in the dress its a lil tight in the waist and hips area. I finished the embroidery on the first wing now i have to start on the second one. Its being done by hand i can spare about an hour or more at work each night to work on it so according to my calculations its taken 3 weeks or 21 days at about 1.5 hrs each day about 31.5 hrs to complete. i still have another wing i have to do.

ugh i have way to much to do in the 30 some days we have left until ACen

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 16 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant
Irelia base sking - League of Legends
Past Cons
ACen 2014-Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity V.1 & V.2-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#62 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Making your own weaves is a pain in the nopenopenope.

#63 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

That...is QUITE the sweatworkshop. (lol at the can of Sprite)

And the mail system continues to confound me! Not only did I get my badge promptly, my wig for Sakura came half a week early! (Now I just need to trim it...)
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#64 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I love seeing how you all progressed since the start of the thread! :wub: :heart: It makes me want to try to make my own cosplay so bad right now. I doubt I can get far with a needle and thread since I don't have a sewing machine. I wish I had one. Question for all: What kind of sewing machine is best for a beginner like me?
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#65 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 17 April 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I love seeing how you all progressed since the start of the thread! :wub:/> :heart:/> It makes me want to try to make my own cosplay so bad right now. I doubt I can get far with a needle and thread since I don't have a sewing machine. I wish I had one. Question for all: What kind of sewing machine is best for a beginner like me?

interestingly enough theres a panel on this on Friday at like 3:30 How To Pick a Sewing Machine its happening in the hyatt.

But for a beginner i would suggest the Singer Style Mate its around $200 i would not buy a singer simple(i had one...).... it is very limited on what it can do and i just had a world of problems with mine and finally the motor died.
Personally i love my singer quantum stylist but its a higher end machine prices can vary on where you get it at got mine on sale for $500 they usually retail for around $1,00 its all computerized i don't even need to have my foot pedal attached its automatic with a speed control and over six hundred stitch combinations.

DO NOT BUY A BROTHER there a pain in the butt and if something goes wrong with it or you need a specific foot you have to order it from there site(unless you get lucky and find a singer foot or other brand that will fit).

Husqvarna/Vikings are nice but these are high end like Janome and Berninas the most expensive ones retailing for over 2,000 embroidery machines over 18,000

so if you can try and go with singers they are owned by husqvarna/viking they are very reasonably priced. If you go to a singer seller or to joann fabrics or really any store besides wal-mart(0.o)that sells sewing machines,you can usually tell them what you're looking for in a machine and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck!
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant
Past Cons
ACen 2014-Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity V.1 & V.2-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#66 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostRinzle, on 17 April 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

interestingly enough theres a panel on this on Friday at like 3:30 How To Pick a Sewing Machine its happening in the hyatt.

But for a beginner i would suggest the Singer Style Mate its around $200 i would not buy a singer simple(i had one...).... it is very limited on what it can do and i just had a world of problems with mine and finally the motor died.
Personally i love my singer quantum stylist but its a higher end machine prices can vary on where you get it at got mine on sale for $500 they usually retail for around $1,00 its all computerized i don't even need to have my foot pedal attached its automatic with a speed control and over six hundred stitch combinations.

DO NOT BUY A BROTHER there a pain in the butt and if something goes wrong with it or you need a specific foot you have to order it from there site(unless you get lucky and find a singer foot or other brand that will fit).

Husqvarna/Vikings are nice but these are high end like Janome and Berninas the most expensive ones retailing for over 2,000 embroidery machines over 18,000

so if you can try and go with singers they are owned by husqvarna/viking they are very reasonably priced. If you go to a singer seller or to joann fabrics or really any store besides wal-mart(0.o)that sells sewing machines,you can usually tell them what you're looking for in a machine and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck!

I was actually going to suggest a brother...since it's the one that I have.
I am actually quite amazed with how well it works and how simple it is to use. I haven't had any problems with it so I don't know about having to get replacements from their site (course I would do that regardless just because I feel it's safer and that way) but the machine itself is very user friendly and very nice to beginners like me. And it wasn't too expensive. I think it was about 150 or so from Target. It has a good amount of stitching options for a beginner though if you want to do fancy shmancy stuff like embroidery, I don't think it has that capacity. Not sure, never tried. I mainly only do a straight stitch or a zig zag stitch.

But you sound like you have played around with your fair share of machines and for longer than I have so I have no problem with you suggesting against a brother.

And singer makes good products. My mom has an old hand held singer mini sewer thing....and it is what I take with me to cons to help in case of torn seams.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#67 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostRinzle, on 17 April 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Good Luck!

I don't know when I'm free yet but if I am, I will go to there. We had a sewing machine but when someone moved out and took it with them so I didn't have a chance at it. The strange thing is that some how I was watching QVC and it was all about Singers and what they could do for you. It got me started on wanting one since I was fixing some pair of pants by needle and thread thinking I could have been done by now.

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 18 April 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I was actually going to suggest a brother...since it's the one that I have.
I am actually quite amazed with how well it works and how simple it is to use. I haven't had any problems with it so I don't know about having to get replacements from their site (course I would do that regardless just because I feel it's safer and that way) but the machine itself is very user friendly and very nice to beginners like me. And it wasn't too expensive. I think it was about 150 or so from Target. It has a good amount of stitching options for a beginner though if you want to do fancy shmancy stuff like embroidery, I don't think it has that capacity. Not sure, never tried. I mainly only do a straight stitch or a zig zag stitch.

But you sound like you have played around with your fair share of machines and for longer than I have so I have no problem with you suggesting against a brother.

And singer makes good products. My mom has an old hand held singer mini sewer thing....and it is what I take with me to cons to help in case of torn seams.

Oh.... I'm looking around for one. I keep passing a Sewing Machine shop on my way to the gym. One day I will look inside...
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#68 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

just showing the parts i have done which is the dress lol and the crystal is a christmas bow that lights up with fiber optics sticking out of it.
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant
Past Cons
Past cosplays

#69 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

What am I doing up? lol. Anyhoo....

Nel Tu's sandals are finished! Front, back/side (ignore the cups), and top.

What WILL become Nel Tu's belt and sword holster.

Mom's workspace. She handles the heavy-duty sewing, though since she saw me work on the plushies she's starting to delegate. :rolleyes:

And from the workshop, Sakura's apron! (It also occurred to me I never specified WHICH Sakura I was doing, with all the outfits she has. Here's a ref pic.)

Also, if I wasn't insane enough, I'm seriously considering tweaking my Byakuya cosplay so that I'm wearing his Fullbringer arc outfit. I think I can handle a detachable collar and tassels...but that hair thingie...?
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#70 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

My Medigun is completed. Just need to let the paint dry and its ready for Action :)/>

Posted Image
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#71 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Crazy Talent going on here!
I love the use of everyday items in your silver crystal @Rinzie and Really like how Nel's shoes came together @Kim. (also thanks for the pic of Sakura! Now we know!)

And of course, OTHER KIM (lol)! I saw your pics of FB and was like O.O COOOOOOL! Have never done much with Team Fortress but I totally love how great your outfit is coming together!

And now..lil ol me with my teeny tiny updates.
I started on Raven's cloak and it is almost done. Think I might finish everything but the hemming today.
i also randomly did a third makeup test for Raven since previous ones were still questionable. Plus, I really want to know EXACTLY what I want to do when it comes to ACen since just a little mistake can make the whole thing look off.

Anyway - here are pics:
Spoiler

Here is how I did it:
I used a super pale Covergirl powder foundation for the base. Then I covered that in a Translucent powder ( a white light powder to prevent shiny skin) to fill in any holes and to make the yellow areas flow better with the non yellow areas. Also, used it on my neck so as to stay away from making it all one dimensional. Used a light brown eyeshadow around my eyes for a liveliness and to make my eyes stand out. Then I used a little black under my eyes and around the browline. It made my eyes look too dark and shadowy so I blended really well with some more of the foundation to achieve a basic shadow. Heavy Mascara on top and bottom lashes and a little bit of black eyeliner in the outer corners of my eyes helped pop my eyes more.

I used a peachy lipstick (the palest I have) for the lips and then brushed it over with the foundation so it was not so pink. (still thinking of changing this method up since in some pics it is really shiny and pink).

The red jewel..thingy..is made from a red lipliner and drawn onto my skin.

For the most part, the makeup didn't wipe off even after a lot of rubbing my face so I think it will be con friendly

But I definitely want to make sure to rally moisturize before doing it again.

All in all though, i think it came out pretty good.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)

#72 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Oooh, makeup! Which reminds me, I have to do a makeup test of my own. Nel has that pink "scar" across her face...

I love the gray you got going there! *has seen you without makeup* Just one question: are you patting the powder on or sweeping it? From personal experience, I usually sweep, then lightly pat to blend. You just can't be heavy-handed like I amwas: when I was R. Dorothy I almost ended up taking off as much powder as I put on. :lol:

No pics from me today, but Sakura's blue dress is currently in progress, and I'm finishing up Nel's sword holster. After that is mending Byakuya's waraji and redoing his Kenseikan. Might wanna stop procrastinating and style my wigs, too....

#73 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

I use a sweeping motion. What I first did it, I was using Pats and while in the mirror it looked okay, in pics and other things I could really see the unevenness, splotches and general brush strokes. It takes more time to sweep because sweeping is more subtle but the look is a lot more uniform and...I like naturally ashy rather than just....made up...i think

EDIT!
WOO! I just found out that my wig for Pocahontas came today!!! AND OMG IT IS SOOOOO NICE! It's my first time ordering from AnimeStuffs (thank you business spotlight!) and I am so happy with the wig! it feels JUST like real hair.....and despite the shipping and being stuffed into my TEENY tiny mailbox the wig was not damaged nor was it tangled! I was able to run my fingers through with no problem!

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 23 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

#74 User is offline   Evangelion_Unit_01 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 26693

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Oh how going through this thread makes me happy, tons of great pics and progression! I have been away from ACen for a couple years and I'm glad you guys are still going strong with the cosplay's. Can't wait till next year when I get to see your masterpieces once again in person...how i've missed my ACen cosplayers!!!
Cosplay Building Begins For 2015!
ACen 2015 Cosplay's
-Kirito (Sword Art Online) 20% Complete
-Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) 100% Complete
-Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 3 Version) 0% Complete

#75 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

got the chains on, and just need to finsh the emblem.Then gotta work on the shawl/poncho
almost done!
Posted Image

Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#76 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostDarko, on 23 April 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

got the chains on, and just need to finsh the emblem.Then gotta work on the shawl/poncho
almost done!
Posted Image

Not bad! How did you get the armor to look battle worn?
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#77 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postexcel excel, on 23 April 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Not bad! How did you get the armor to look battle worn?

did a couple layered coats of spraypaint, then went at it like a madman with an old bristled brush and some matte chalkboard paint
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#78 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

RAWR! My Raven wig came to day but it looks moreHit Girl than Raven..

and since Amphigory doesn't go returns or exchanges....i guess i just have to buy a new one....
Luckliy Arda wigs has one that looks like it will be perfect.

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 23 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

#79 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Wait! Lemme see the wig! (I'll show you mine tomorrow!)

#80 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on 23 April 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Wait! Lemme see the wig! (I'll show you mine tomorrow!)

Umm...sure...here ya go.
Posted Image

#81 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 24 April 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Umm...sure...here ya go.
Posted Image

I was gonna say, it's not SUPER-awful. But I'm guessing you wanted more length in the front; not much length to play around with unless you straighten out those curls at the bottom.

#82 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

P.S., And now let me hold up my end of the bargain!

Nel Tu's wig

Sakura's wig

(I warned you the Sakura wig was shine-tastic. :rolleyes: )

#83 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on 24 April 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I was gonna say, it's not SUPER-awful. But I'm guessing you wanted more length in the front; not much length to play around with unless you straighten out those curls at the bottom.

It's actually the color that i have an issue with. That is supposed to be deep purple but it is really bright. The length is okay. Has the short back long front that i was looking for.

#84 User is offline   rinniheart 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59538

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

My Rue ballet outfit is almost done!- have to sew on the sleeves, add bias tape, and paint the shoes/add ribbon BUT the fabric recommended to me has ripped (like nylon/panty hose do) under the arms- any suggestions on going about fixing it or is that a lost cause and I just have to live with it/ start over? Rue ballet outfit

Sabrina costume- I'm procrastinating on that lol
ACen 2014: Friday: all day; saturday/sunday- up in the air of whether I will attend
costumes: Rue: leotard (Princess Tutu),Evil Queen Regina (Once Upon A Time episode 1x07)- *maybe*, Karen (Harvest Moon 64)

#85 User is offline   Sarahlicious 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61869

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

Here's some of my props for Lara Croft:

Beginner Bow:
Posted Image

Arrow quiver with strap:
Posted Image

Necklace charm:
Posted Image

Completed necklace:
Posted Image
2012 C2E2/ACen/Wizard World Claire Redfield: RE Darkside Chronicles
2013 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lara Croft [Tomb Raider 2013]
2014 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lance Corporal Levi: Attack On Titan

#86 User is offline   LhadyChloe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58924

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

ours is in our website http://adf.ly/Np0hH
NAIB COSPLAY CLUB 2014 ROSTER
FRIDAY - Dynasty Warriors l SATURDAY - Lightning Returns l SUNDAY - Naruto
SELLING MY MANGA COLLECTION
SITE: http://naib-cosplay.webs.com
2013 - Final Fantasy XIII, Fairy Tail, One Piece l 2012 - Bleach , DGrayman, InuYasha l 2011 - Final Fantasy XI, One Piece, Code Geass l 2010 - Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy X, Naruto
YouTube l Tumblr l Instagram l Facebook l Twitter

#87 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

--both wigs styled
--Nel's sword holster finished
--Sakura's dress halfway done
--solved Sakura shoe debacle (decided to use my low black heels; trying to save money!)

Still to do (and half of this I'm gonna get off my duff and do today)...

--Nel Tu makeup test
--minor adjustments to Byakuya's haori
--fix Kenseikan
--fix Byakuya's waraji
--make soul chain for friend
--buy Nel's and Byakuya's gloves
--mail off Kon and my ram's skull to my friend for safekeeping

#88 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Everyone has such amazing skills! I love seeing all the great progress! It really inspires me to get super focused.

When i get home tuesday from work i plan to finish Raven's cloak. Then thursday- time to tackle pocahontas.

#89 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

Tested Nel's sword holster earlier. Much to my delight, the sword itself is lighter than I thought it was, so it didn't pull on the holster, and everything stayed together. (Which means the holster's actually functional instead of just for show and I can leave my arms free instead of carrying around a sword all day, yay!) The hip strap was a little TOO low, though, so I just cut off the extra length and re-sewed it.

Actual pics will come tomorrow. Off to bed...

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 27 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

#90 User is offline   Bloody Rose 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 34389

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

This is my friend, Diver4Life13's cosplay but her lappy is in the shop so I'm uploading a progress pic for her...
Jack Frost!
Obviously the wig still needs to be styled and the hoodie painted but I think it's looking pretty aight if I do say so myself

This post has been edited by Bloody Rose: 28 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

ACen 2014
Aerith Final Fantasy~90%
San Mononoke Hime~95%

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users