• You cannot reply to this topic

Progress Pics and Workspaces Share the pics of your hard work and workspace

#31 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I managed to get a little bit more done this week.
I started cutting out my patterns and made the first draft of Pocahontas' necklace.
This Friday I think I will start sewing something or maybe redo the gems for Raven. It all depends on how the weather is.
Anyway! here are some more pics of my progress.
Spoiler

View PostBloody Rose, on 26 March 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

I wish I had more progress to show but I'm quite the procrstinator, but hopefully I'll have more done by the end of the week cuz it's my spring break!

But anyways, here's my keyblade progress for Kairi, it's kinda sorta almost done...yay!

that look awesome! And I have to agree about the Gradient paint job! It looks great! I look forward to seeing more from you~!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay Plans:Sooyoung [No. 08] (Girls' Generation) / Angewomon (Digimon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) / Sailor Luna(Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon)/
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2008: Victoria Amon Sena (Original) //// Yoruchi (cat form)////Kuukaku Shiba////Kuroko Aoki - Original J-rock
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#32 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I love Pocahontas's necklace! How'd you get the shell on?

As for me, my tabi socks for Byakuya arrived in the mail today....and they fit! And they were cheap!:happydance: :highfive: (If anyone else needs tabi but don't have, um, dainty feet, I wholeheartedly recommend Sock Dreams.)

Also, I think I need to make another physical to-do list, just to regain focus and see whatever's left to do besides sewing (which Mom is promptly starting this weekend). I've been so caught up on my Four Big Props, it'd be a shame if I forgot any of the little details, especially in this LAST MONTH BEFORE MAY.... :o
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#33 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostBloody Rose, on 26 March 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

I wish I had more progress to show but I'm quite the procrstinator, but hopefully I'll have more done by the end of the week cuz it's my spring break!

But anyways, here's my keyblade progress for Kairi, it's kinda sorta almost done...yay!

I had a friend do the same exact keyblade for ACen 2011 almost completely out of paper mache and it was destroyed in the rain she didnt seal it off properly :(/>

So heres my progress so far for Neo Queen Serenity with some artistic twists...

Dress is probably 10% complete i dont have pics of that yet

i have a pic of one of my wings i have just "finished" the other one wing
i have a drawing for each side of the wing that will have the planet symbols hand stitched right wing and left wing

my staff is still in pieces i decided i was going to make it light up which means i need to cast a polyester resin sphere big enough they dont make molds for it so i used some cheap christmas ornaments as my molds and use a hammer to break the ornament here's a test sphere
i really like how it cracked but it is still one piece i hope the final one does this as well. it will be lit with a blue LED diode.
and im not to happy about the sized of the pvc i had to buy 1" was to small for the 9v battery so i had to get 1 1/4" im pretty meh about this

i had my wig done but then wore it to anime milwaukee to test out its durability..... i have hair coming out from under my odango i might be able to fix it but at this point i think its a lost cause.

This post has been edited by Rinzle: 28 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

ACen 2014 cosplays
Entire Weekend I will either be in Neo queen serenity or Princess serenity
Past Cons
Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity v.1-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#34 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on 28 March 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

I love Pocahontas's necklace! How'd you get the shell on?

As for me, my tabi socks for Byakuya arrived in the mail today....and they fit! And they were cheap!:happydance:/> :highfive:/> (If anyone else needs tabi but don't have, um, dainty feet, I wholeheartedly recommend Sock Dreams.)

Also, I think I need to make another physical to-do list, just to regain focus and see whatever's left to do besides sewing (which Mom is promptly starting this weekend). I've been so caught up on my Four Big Props, it'd be a shame if I forgot any of the little details, especially in this LAST MONTH BEFORE MAY.... :o/>

Thanks! I went to Home Depot and had them drill a small hole then I used a small necklace ring so that it hung face forward instead of sideways.
I have since altered the necklace just a bit. It was too long in this shot so I shortened it and added some teeny tiny beads for spacing.
I do have to admit...I am rather proud of it. ^_^

Glad your socks came and that they fit! I'm always super paranoid of online clothes!

Ah! Don't remind me of the flying by time! It's not over yet...IT'S NOT! specially since I aint get my badge yet >.>

View PostRinzle, on 28 March 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

I had a friend do the same exact keyblade for ACen 2011 almost completely out of paper mache and it was destroyed in the rain she didnt seal it off properly :(/>/>

So heres my progress so far for Neo Queen Serenity with some artistic twists...

Dress is probably 10% complete i dont have pics of that yet

i have a pic of one of my wings i have just "finished" the other one wing
i have a drawing for each side of the wing that will have the planet symbols hand stitched right wing and left wing

my staff is still in pieces i decided i was going to make it light up which means i need to cast a polyester resin sphere big enough they dont make molds for it so i used some cheap christmas ornaments as my molds and use a hammer to break the ornament here's a test sphere
i really like how it cracked but it is still one piece i hope the final one does this as well. it will be lit with a blue LED diode.
and im not to happy about the sized of the pvc i had to buy 1" was to small for the 9v battery so i had to get 1 1/4" im pretty meh about this

i had my wig done but then wore it to anime milwaukee to test out its durability..... i have hair coming out from under my odango i might be able to fix it but at this point i think its a lost cause.

I really love those wings! The little details are great! I love seeing the symbols for the senshi in the wings! TOTALLY wicked!
I look forward to seeing them when they are all done!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay Plans:Sooyoung [No. 08] (Girls' Generation) / Angewomon (Digimon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) / Sailor Luna(Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon)/
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2008: Victoria Amon Sena (Original) //// Yoruchi (cat form)////Kuukaku Shiba////Kuroko Aoki - Original J-rock

#35 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 30 March 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Ah! Don't remind me of the flying by time! It's not over yet...IT'S NOT! specially since I aint get my badge yet >.>

:eek: And here I was, with the last of my group just getting theirs yesterday after three weeks of threatsnagging...

Yeah, this year has been unusually great in terms of online ordering. Nel's wig came early, and the color's gorgeous. I might go three for three since I'm not sure I'll be able to find a wig for Sakura locally.

However, I was finally able to find Nel's white pants at this new thrift store, and then went around to three other places for glue, thread, another zipper, and a headband/ribbon for Sakura's headpiece. I also caved in and bought high-end foundation makeup. (And I am NOT a makeup person. I had to ask Mom what concealer was... :blush: )
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#36 User is offline   rinniheart 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59538

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Finally started on Rue: Rue I have the skirt part cut out and have to make it ruffle-y and do the sleeves, finalizations then figure out how to make the pointe shoes.

Sabrina... I added the zipper- still have the collar, buttons, sleeves, make it shorter, and finalizations.

I am debating wigs though- Sabrina?
Sabrina reference
Rue?
Rue reference
ACen 2013 (finalized)
Friday: Rue: leotard (Princess Tutu)
Saturday: Glinda Upland bubble gown (Wicked), Regina (Once Upon A Time)
Sunday: Karen (Harvest Moon 64)

ACen 2011: Lady Luck Yuna (FFX-2), KOS-MOS (Xenosaga I), Sailor Neptune (Sailor Moon)

#37 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Postrinniheart, on 30 March 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Finally started on Rue: Rue I have the skirt part cut out and have to make it ruffle-y and do the sleeves, finalizations then figure out how to make the pointe shoes.

Sabrina... I added the zipper- still have the collar, buttons, sleeves, make it shorter, and finalizations.

I am debating wigs though- Sabrina?
Sabrina reference
Rue?
Rue reference

Awesome! I wish you all the luck on the skirt! Those...not as easy as you'd hope...-dramatic sigh-
Also - WOOOOOO! I was right! Sabrina IS the girl from Pokemon!! I LOOOOOVE HER!!! Oh please please please please please tell me you will have the doll!!! THE DOLL!!!!!!

ahem...
anyway - the sabrina wig looks great. I would def suggest that one.
But the Rue wig is a little tricky. It looks like she has a bun but also has wavy hair....you might have to do a bit of styling and get a bun to attach to the short wig.

But yay for your progress! I feel so bad for being as behind as I am!

#38 User is offline   rinniheart 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 31 March 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Awesome! I wish you all the luck on the skirt! Those...not as easy as you'd hope...-dramatic sigh-
Also - WOOOOOO! I was right! Sabrina IS the girl from Pokemon!! I LOOOOOVE HER!!! Oh please please please please please tell me you will have the doll!!! THE DOLL!!!!!!

ahem...
anyway - the sabrina wig looks great. I would def suggest that one.
But the Rue wig is a little tricky. It looks like she has a bun but also has wavy hair....you might have to do a bit of styling and get a bun to attach to the short wig.

But yay for your progress! I feel so bad for being as behind as I am!

Thanks! I am going to try kinda pleating it- I have a yard and a half cut- hopefully that's enough?? Only have "pleated" Sailor Neptune's skirt as far as pleating goes before.
Unfortunately I won't have the doll. I am starting to run low on funds to actually use rather than save after a new car, new computer, and 4 costumes in the past 4 months... Maybe next year (unless someone is willing to let me borrow one!?? or knows where I can actually buy one. I could bring my Samantha American Girl Doll in Kirsten's nightgown lol but I think that would be far less creepy)
ok on the Sabrina wig. As for Rue- yep I am having trouble with that. These are all of the ones I could find that look like they may work, some better than others-Rue wigs they are all available in the dark brown. 3 was my other choice. It was just I could get #1 for cheaper than retail since it was a used wig so I was wondering if that would work.
and it's ok- I just know it's gonna start getting busy around here soon so I'd rather try to get most out of the way now (not to mention I hate trying to figure out these sleeves so I wanna have enough time to do those... last lol)

This post has been edited by rinniheart: 31 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

ACen 2013 (finalized)

ACen 2011: Lady Luck Yuna (FFX-2), KOS-MOS (Xenosaga I), Sailor Neptune (Sailor Moon)

#39 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

View Postrinniheart, on 31 March 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Thanks! I am going to try kinda pleating it- I have a yard and a half cut- hopefully that's enough?? Only have "pleated" Sailor Neptune's skirt as far as pleating goes before.
Unfortunately I won't have the doll. I am starting to run low on funds to actually use rather than save after a new car, new computer, and 4 costumes in the past 4 months... Maybe next year (unless someone is willing to let me borrow one!?? or knows where I can actually buy one. I could bring my Samantha American Girl Doll in Kirsten's nightgown lol but I think that would be far less creepy)
ok on the Sabrina wig. As for Rue- yep I am having trouble with that. These are all of the ones I could find that look like they may work, some better than others-Rue wigs they are all available in the dark brown. 3 was my other choice. It was just I could get #1 for cheaper than retail since it was a used wig so I was wondering if that would work.
and it's ok- I just know it's gonna start getting busy around here soon so I'd rather try to get most out of the way now (not to mention I hate trying to figure out these sleeves so I wanna have enough time to do those... last lol)

So after a bit I was finally able to find the wig that I was thinking would work really well with your Rue cosplay: http://www.animestuf...1-pr-25660.html
This one might also work: http://www.animestuf...1-pr-25663.html

Both of these go with the idea of getting a bun attachment for the wig rather than trying to style a bun in the wig itself (sometimes wigs that are meant to hang down have smaller fibers under the wig that look terrible when the hair is pulled up)

Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome progress!
And still bring whatever doll you have! Sabrina is SOOO not complete without the doll! ^_^

#40 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

so three inches into the main seam closing up the back and im not liking how my costume is turning out. the waist line is to long and i think i have to much of a gather so the top sheer layer is super poofy where i have the top sewn to the skirt i hope i can still take a seem ripper to parts of it. i guess if i have to lose a couple of inches from the skirt portion thats ok cause its super long. other than that im happy with my props so far... its just the dress thats getting under my skin now
ACen 2014 cosplays
Entire Weekend I will either be in Neo queen serenity or Princess serenity
Past Cons
Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity v.1-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#41 User is offline   rinniheart 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 02 April 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

So after a bit I was finally able to find the wig that I was thinking would work really well with your Rue cosplay: http://www.animestuf...1-pr-25660.html
This one might also work: http://www.animestuf...1-pr-25663.html

Both of these go with the idea of getting a bun attachment for the wig rather than trying to style a bun in the wig itself (sometimes wigs that are meant to hang down have smaller fibers under the wig that look terrible when the hair is pulled up)

Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome progress!
And still bring whatever doll you have! Sabrina is SOOO not complete without the doll! ^_^/>/>/>

I really liked that first wig, but they didn't have the color I wanted- :(/>/> - it's a bit bright of a brown. I did find a wig that didn't have those fibers underneath and a bun-like hairpiece- 100% accurate? no but it should at least keep the hair in place. Also got my shoes!! Here's my stuff of the day. I was just messing around with the wig- it will definitely need to be styled again before ACen- and it has the correct length bangs, but no side chin-length bangs so needs some alterations. (and I'll see what I can do about getting my American girl doll up here- it is currently at my old house).
wig/shoes

This post has been edited by rinniheart: 03 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

ACen 2013 (finalized)

#42 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

So proud of myself today! With the LOVELY weather and a short shift at work, I was able to get my last bit of spray painting done and am now like 80% complete with Raven's belt!
These are the Gold Settings. I used Model Magic to form them, straight pins and jewelry closures, (which will be used to attach them to the chain) and Gold Spray paint. I intentionally left the part where the gems go unpainted so that the glue (hot glue) would not be weakened by the spray paint.
Spoiler

I also took a couple of snapshots of my work spaces since I actually had some today. Sadly, I forgot to take a pic of the table WHILE I was working so this is what it looked like right after.
Spoiler

And this is my sewing table with the accessories drying (that is an inverted tomato cage)
Spoiler

Tomorrow I plan to complete the belt by gluing and assembling. I also will start some sewing on most likely on Pocahontas' dress. Finally, I will start on Raven's cloak by pinning the pattern to the fabric.

View Postrinniheart, on 03 April 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

I really liked that first wig, but they didn't have the color I wanted- :(/>/>/>/>/>/> - it's a bit bright of a brown. I did find a wig that didn't have those fibers underneath and a bun-like hairpiece- 100% accurate? no but it should at least keep the hair in place. Also got my shoes!! Here's my stuff of the day. I was just messing around with the wig- it will definitely need to be styled again before ACen- and it has the correct length bangs, but no side chin-length bangs so needs some alterations. (and I'll see what I can do about getting my American girl doll up here- it is currently at my old house).
wig/shoes

Ugh. I hate when that happens! But the wig that you did find looks really good! I thought it was your own hair at first! That is always a good thing. And the shoes look great. Are they real ballet shoes?! Look like it!

Well it looks like you are pulling things together very well! I hope you are able to get the doll. I have one I'd lend you...but it's porcelain and....well...ACen is not porcelain friendly.

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 04 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

#43 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on 30 March 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

:eek:/> And here I was, with the last of my group just getting theirs yesterday after three weeks of threatsnagging...

Yeah, this year has been unusually great in terms of online ordering. Nel's wig came early, and the color's gorgeous. I might go three for three since I'm not sure I'll be able to find a wig for Sakura locally.

However, I was finally able to find Nel's white pants at this new thrift store, and then went around to three other places for glue, thread, another zipper, and a headband/ribbon for Sakura's headpiece. I also caved in and bought high-end foundation makeup. (And I am NOT a makeup person. I had to ask Mom what concealer was... :blush:/> )

I don't think they have started to mail out the individual badges yet since the ordering deadline was the 1st. But now that it has passed, I suspect they will start mailing them out soon. It just seems later this year.....

Anywho! You HAVE to give us a shot of how Nel is coming along! I have been chomping on the bit waiting to see it! CHOMPING I SAY!

Woo! make up! Have fun playing with it! Def do a few test days to see how best to apply it.

I went and bought some SUPER pale foundation powder to use to lighten my skin for Raven and I have had two tests so far and plan to do a few more so I can know EXACTLY what to do come con time.

#44 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Oh, I thought you meant you hadn't even ordered your badge! I was about to say, March 30 was cutting it short.

I would show off Nel, but Mom hasn't even started sewing yet (however, she does have all the patterns measured and cut). And then I'll have to ship the ram's head to my friend's house because I don't trust myself with taking it onto Greyhound. I could show off what the wig and ram's head will look like together later today, though. I got more progress to show off, anyway. :D

I was wondering what you were doing for Raven's skin. What about her ajna jewel (the one on her forehead)? (P.S., did you see the commercials for "Teen Titans GO!"?! CN may have almost redeemed themselves...almost.)

#45 User is offline   rinniheart 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 04 April 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Ugh. I hate when that happens! But the wig that you did find looks really good! I thought it was your own hair at first! That is always a good thing. And the shoes look great. Are they real ballet shoes?! Look like it!

Well it looks like you are pulling things together very well! I hope you are able to get the doll. I have one I'd lend you...but it's porcelain and....well...ACen is not porcelain friendly.

Thanks on the wig- hopefully it will all work out and I can style it well. The shoes are indeed real ballet shoes- I got demi- pointe instead of pointe shoes- the salespeople said it would be easier to walk in and also a plus- I won't have to worry about de-shanking them! I understand with the doll!
Your stuff is coming along well, too!
ACen 2013 (finalized)

#46 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Woo! Getting stuff DONE!

Raven's Belt: (Needs to be reinforced since right now the pins aren't holding weight well. Thinking of sewing it to the the Leotard I buy.)
Spoiler

Starting the Sewing of Pocahontas' Dress:
Spoiler

And another shot of my workspace- with some proof of work on it. Lol.
Spoiler

I also fixed the pattern for Raven's cloak, ordered more fabric (I needed 3 more yards!!!RAWR!), made the gems for Raven's hands and the fasten for the cloak. I don't have pics of that but should soon since I'm pic crazy. [EDIT - just noticed that you can see the hand and cloak gems in the making in the upper left hand corner of the workspace photo]

@Kusa-chan: Haha. I think I would have gone crazy if I didn't order it yet! lol. No. I just feel like the shipping date is later than normal. Or is that just me? For Raven's gem, I am just being lazy and using a red makeup pencil to draw the shape. Seems easier than trying to stick something on my makeup coated skin. Lol. I have seen the commercial for Teen Titans Go....and...I don't know how I feel about the animation style...looks SOOOO much like a parody of the show that I cringe a little...but I like at least that it seems like they maintained the original voice actors.

@Rinni - Awesome sauce on the shoes! I have no idea what those fancy dance words mean..but the fact that you know them is awesome! I'm glad they are comfortable! It's the worst feeling in the world to be uncomfortable at ACen.

@Both - I look forward to seeing more progress pics! ACen is a scary...like...1 month away....

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 06 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

#47 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

I finished Kon like a week ago. XD Now I moved on to modding sandals (Nel Tu's and Byakuya's), while Mom's handling Sakura's dress and apron. I just pray she gets done with Nel's jacket in time. And I still need a wig and shoes for Sakura, gloves for Nel and Byakuya, that darn chain...ah, it's always the little things that end up killing me.

#48 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Yay! I want to see a pic of Kon!

Also - I am about 70% done with the main dress for Pocahontas. Here I am making sure that I can get in it since it is a pull over dress.
Spoiler

I also started on Raven's cloak and will tackle more of that probably Friday and Saturday. Looks like I'm going to finish Pocahontas first though

#49 User is offline   Saka12 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63160

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

@CrimsonAnime Ravens belt looks amazing you have so much talent!!!
>_<

#50 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostSaka12, on 09 April 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

@CrimsonAnime Ravens belt looks amazing you have so much talent!!!
>_<

I must admit I am happy with how it came out. Just wish it stayed up. Lol. Gonna have to stitch it to the leotard.

#51 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

*comes in* It's buckets of rain outside, but today's a good day. I got my badge! Also, I got a little progress to show.

So this is Kon, the plushie I made for my friend. Yay! I plan to put him to good use during the photoshoots... >D

And what were once flip-flops and elastic have become Nel's Espada sandals. They still need a little tweaking so my feet can fit in them (including the black socks I'll be wearing), but to be on the safe side I'm also putting in invisible (clear) and black elastic strips so I'm not flopping and sliding all over the place.

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 10 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

#52 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

I. LOVE. THAT. KON! I believe you saw my spazzing on the FB. Lol
I really do want to ask you to make a doll! Any doll really...I just love supporting my friends' awesome talents!

Love the sandals. Great job converting them.Course would you believe I don't remember what Nel's feet look like? Lol. *googles)
Oh hey! You did great! I can totally see that coming together awesomely!

#53 User is offline   rinniheart 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 06 April 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

@Rinni - Awesome sauce on the shoes! I have no idea what those fancy dance words mean..but the fact that you know them is awesome! I'm glad they are comfortable! It's the worst feeling in the world to be uncomfortable at ACen.

@Both - I look forward to seeing more progress pics! ACen is a scary...like...1 month away....

Haha well the shoes still hurt- apparently they will eventually mold to fit my feet but right now I can't wear them for more than an hour at a time. But the shank is what allows people to go en pointe- if I had to do de-shank the shoes, it would require basically pulling the shoe apart, taking it out, and putting it back together- so I am glad I don't have to do that. I am **almost** done with my leotard costume- just the sleeves, dye shoes, and add the bias tape around edges so maybe I will have pictures tomorrow!
ACen 2013 (finalized)

#54 User is offline   Diver4life13 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62629

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

I just finished (maybe) my staff for Jack Frost. So here ya go! It looks only somewhat ok...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...it glows in the dark hehe
2014 (Tentative) Cosplay: Shura Kirigakure (Blue Exorcist), Fem Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist), Ruby (RWBY)
2013 Cosplay: Jack Frost (ROTG), Toph Beifong (ATLA)
2012 Cosplay: Toph Beifong (ATLA)
2011 Cosplay: Winry Rockbell (FMA), Geisha

#55 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image
Artorias is comin along nicely, trying to force crunch time so I can start working on finals
that disk on the back is a 95 pound pull magnet that holds my sword
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet
Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#56 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

:o DAT ARMOR. (And dat magnet!)

Meanwhile I've resigned myself to ordering yet another wig online. I knew it'd be pie in the sky to find a long chartreuse-green wig in local stores, but c'mon Flint, I can't even find a short light brown one within my budget?! :thumbdown:

And shoes, I still need shoes.

#57 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

OMG THE EPICNESS!!!

That Jack Frost staff is SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL!!!
I just recently finished watching Rise of the Guardians and AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOVE! So i will be fangirling.....accept this...it will happen.

And that armor...omg that armor!!!!!
there are no words...just.....Just this face...or...faces.... :w00t:/> :o/>: :eek:/>

#58 User is offline   Bloody Rose 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 34389

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Finished Keyblade...now maybe actually starting Kairi's dress would be a good idea..maybe
Well I think it looks pretty decent considering I lack any artistic ability

Keyblade!
ACen 2014
Ariel The Little Mermaid~95%
Aerith Final Fantasy~10%
San Mononoke Hime~5%

#59 User is offline   CharlotteStar 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11577

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow, that armor is awesome! Nice work :).

View PostBloody Rose, on 15 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Finished Keyblade...now maybe actually starting Kairi's dress would be a good idea..maybe

Keyblade!

That does look good! So good that I'm doubting your 'lack' of artistic ability ;).
ACen 14 Cosplay

Date a Live - Kurumi Tokisaki
Saturday.Sunday

#60 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostBloody Rose, on 15 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Keyblade!

Really nice!!!!!

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users