Anime Central Forums: Yo~ A friend from hell (The distant land of Phoenix AZ) - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Yo~ A friend from hell (The distant land of Phoenix AZ) ACen Newb here~

#1 User is offline   MikoChika 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63269

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

Well hello all! The name is Sandy, however yur welcome to call me by my fourm/badge name MikoChika or just Miko.

I'm a youngin' goin' on 25 this year ( I refuse to think of myself as getting too old for these cons T^T) and this will be my first trip to ACen~~ So do be gentle with me, or at least warn me before you glomp me to death when you see me walking around in my oh so cute and fluffy moogle mascot cosplay. ;). I'm a part-time college student who still has no idea what she's gonna do with her life, and a full time cook at an Italian restaurant/ sports bar. I was born in California, half my life raised in Las Vegas Nevada, and current have been residing in hell ( aka Phoenix Arizona) lol, seriously the summers here are killer. X_X

I am no stranger to anime conventions, but this will be my first time at ACen, and in Chicago (well close enough anyway) IL, and I hope to make some new friends here! As for other conventions I've been to, I've been to AniZona- a small anime convention that was held in Phoenix Arizona for a few years before retiring, and I've been to FanimeCon- which is held in San Jose California which is a decent size convention full of wonderful guests and great congoers. I've cosplayed every year I've gone to a con, and every year I go as a moogle. lol. I usually touch up and redesign parts of my costume each year, so it's never quite the same. The last con I went to, which was two..maybe three years ago, I went as a random Alchemist from FMA, and this year I plan on getting my White Mage cosplay done and ready for ACen.I don't consider myself a great cosplayer, but I have fun making them, and enjoy seeing the smiles and excitement from others when i'm walking around in them ( mainly the moogle cosplay, lol. people seem to have a thing for furry mascots :P )

Lets see...I enjoy almost every genre of anime. A small list of then would include things like Azumanaga Daioh, K-ON, Hell Girl, Witchblade, Tenchi Muyo ( heart this one sooo much~), High School of the Dead, Genshiken, Kenshin, pretty much every CLAMP title out there, Bleach, Baccano, yea...this list can go on and on. lol. As long as it isn't too cutey or too directed towards children (even then I'll probably still watch it <_<). And yes, I do enjoy some Yaoi, Yuri, Ecchi, Hentai :P, but in small doses, I much more enjoy comedy or action anime over those things. Sadly, I haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with the newer anime and manga this past year or so, but I'm hoping to be introduced to some good stuff during the con~

I am a bit of a gamer, though i can't say I'm hardcore. I do enjoy titles like Final Fantasy ( who doesn't? :P ), Dead or Alive ( anybody a fan of the Dead Fantasy series? :D ), Fatal Frame (loved one, two, and three. Sad four won't ever be licensed in the US), Guild Wars, Assassin's Creed, Portal (The cake will forever be a lie T_T ), and my love for the past...year i think?...Skyrim~~~~ :D I'm a total geek for Final Fantasy and Fatal Frame.

Hobbies of mine....? Mmmm.. well besides drowning myself in Korean dramas and J-music (not too much, please introduce me to some great artists!!) and K-music ( oh so much!), and besides my love affair with Skyrim and the occasional episode of anime from the mass collection I own, I do enjoy drawing. I used to draw all the time, however as you get older, your 'fun' time tends to turn into 'responsible adult' time, so I've been having less and less time to enjoy drawing. Another hobby of mine that life has been getting int he way of is my love for making AMVs~ And now I'm pretty much reduced down to just enjoying what others make. lol. Perhaps once I get around to buying myself a new computer I'll set aside some time to do some video editing again. ^^

Aaaannnnd. Yea. If you managed to read that entire wall of text, congratulations! And do please feel free to chat me up about anything and everything! I'm quite friendly and open minded and am looking forward to making some friends here on the forums and at the con!! ^^v
Planned Cosplay: Moogle (FF series), Random Alchemist (FMA), White Mage (FF series)

#2 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

First time, eh? Boy do I remember my first ACen. Welcome, and you will find that us Chicagoans are very welcoming of visitors~
I hope you enjoy your stay!
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

YAY! Another new person! Hope you love ACen- it was my first anime convention and I absolutely love it to this day! (2013 will be my fourth!) Also, if you interested in meeting some more people on here you should consider going to the forum meet and greet this year, its going to be a blast! :D Link to the info!

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 10 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

heya welcome :3! it's my first ACen as well so i feel ya.
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#5 User is offline   MikoChika 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostFantasia, on 10 March 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Welcome, and you will find that us Chicagoans are very welcoming of visitors~
I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hey, thanks :3 Yep, my frist ACen, I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun~ I just hope the weather is nice. Though honestly it can't be any worse then what it
ll be in Arizona by late May (hint: rain and temp up in the three digits x.x)

View PostKungPowKirby, on 10 March 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Also, if you interested in meeting some more people on here you should consider going to the forum meet and greet this year, its going to be a blast! :D/> Link to the info!

Ah! I actually came upon a couple meet and greet links around the forums, though I wasn't too sure if I should go, I'm really new to even the forums. But hey, if I fly in early enough I'll for sure think about attending, thanks!!! ^^v

View PostWingypoo, on 10 March 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

heya welcome :3! it's my first ACen as well so i feel ya.

Hello fellow ACen newb. Hopefully both our experiences come out positive :3
Planned Cosplay: Moogle (FF series), Random Alchemist (FMA), White Mage (FF series)

#6 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Lucky we got the lake up here. It keeps the heat in check for the most part. The heat ain't so crazy in May, it's perfect. And I can assure you that ACen is really really fun.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#7 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostMikoChika, on 10 March 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Ah! I actually came upon a couple meet and greet links around the forums, though I wasn't too sure if I should go, I'm really new to even the forums. But hey, if I fly in early enough I'll for sure think about attending, thanks!!! ^^v

As one of the people who is hosting the forum meet and greet I can tell you that you are more then welcome- the guys who are doing the late night meet and greet would be happy to have you as well I'm sure!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#8 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostMikoChika, on 10 March 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Tenchi Muyo ( heart this one sooo much~)

Come to Nan Desu Kan this year, we'll make great friends.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#9 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 11 March 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

As one of the people who is hosting the forum meet and greet I can tell you that you are more then welcome- the guys who are doing the late night meet and greet would be happy to have you as well I'm sure!

Welcome to the forums~!
My first con was also ACen back in 08"

But I may not be a guy. But I am one of the folks that will be walking over to the 21+ meet n' greet "late night meet n; greet"
feel free to tag along in the conga line over there afterwards. Super friendly people 100% you will have a great time~ :pirate2:/>

This post has been edited by -JUNK-: 12 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#10 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Post-JUNK-, on 12 March 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

Welcome to the forums~!
My first con was also ACen back in 08"

But I may not be a guy. But I am one of the folks that will be walking over to the 21+ meet n' greet "late night meet n; greet"
feel free to tag along in the conga line over there afterwards. Super friendly people 100% you will have a great time~ :pirate2:/>/>

I am not a guy either! lol And yes, there is a bunch of us going to the 21+ meet and greet afterward. Its going to be a blast!

#11 User is offline   MikoChika 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Post-JUNK-, on 12 March 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

I am one of the folks that will be walking over to the 21+ meet n' greet "late night meet n; greet"feel free to tag along in the conga line over there afterwards. Super friendly people 100% you will have a great time~ :pirate2:

View PostKungPowKirby, on 12 March 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

there is a bunch of us going to the 21+ meet and greet afterward. Its going to be a blast!

Haha, sweet! I'm gonna have to for sure try and go then! Alittle meet and greet and a wee bit o' drank would be a nice way to make some con friends and a nice way to start off the con ^^v

Might be able to convince the two guys I'm traveling with to come along too, the more the merrier, yah? ^__^

#12 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Welcome. :D

Man, its gonna be a large thursday night meetup. Lol If you dont have fun, you are either dead or some guy named Bob who hates fun. lol

The guys orchstrating it are the coolest cats in town
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#13 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 12 March 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

The guys orchestrating it are the coolest cats in town

The Coolest!! :thumbup:
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#14 User is offline   The_Tracian 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63061

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Welcome!
Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received. ~ Seneca

ACen 2014: Monochrome Ian Chesterton - Man In the Big Yellow Hat

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users