It's Time to DDDD-Duel!

#1 User is offline   roseangel9413 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 2436

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hey everyone,

I only put up this thread since it seems there is not a new thread for 2013 ACen!!! Over the last year, I have gotten my boyfriend hooked on Yu-gi-oh duel monster cards. We would love to play against other opponents besides each other. Is anyone else going to the convention going to bring their deck(s) with them?
Anime Central 2013

Friday~Chi Chi from Dragonball
Saturday~ Eiji Kikumaru from Prince of Tennis (U-17 Camp Uniform)
Sunday~ Undecided

#2 User is offline   RukudoMukuro 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59486

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Totally going to bring my deck again, as well as some trades.
ACen '13 Cosplays
  • Red (Pokemon Adventures) - 100%
  • Gajeel Redfox (Fairy Tail) - 60%
  • Madara Uchiha (Naruto)- 110%
Spoiler

Within illusions are real illusions. Within real illusion are illusions. Hidden in truth hides lies. Hidden in lies hides Truth

#3 User is offline   Kamen Rider Gumo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63025

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

I'm bringing at least three decks that I've been working on: Red-Eyes, Blue-Eyes, Six Samurai. That said, I pay no attention to the "banned" list since I never play in official tournaments, have never played the "two out of three" match-type Duels or anything. I just play casually with friends for the enjoyment of the game. If there's no issue with that, I'd love to see how my rebuilt, slimmed-down decks work in single Duels. Last year at Tsubasacon there was an impromptu tag-team tournament and I got paired up with another guy who also had a Six Samurai deck......good times. Went undefeated that year, but I'm curious as to whether it was luck or if my decks are actually any good.
Why did I choose a Red Ribbon soldier for my cosplay? Because I'm a little short for a Stormtrooper.

#4 User is offline   roseangel9413 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 2436

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, my boyfriend and I don't pay attention to the ban list at all either. For the most part, we don't have a lot of those cards in our decks. We will probably be bringing multiple decks as well. It will be nice to test them out against other duelists instead of each other. When you play the same person over and over again, you kind of figure out their strengthens, weakness, and how they duel. :)
Anime Central 2013

Friday~Chi Chi from Dragonball
Saturday~ Eiji Kikumaru from Prince of Tennis (U-17 Camp Uniform)
Sunday~ Undecided

#5 User is offline   Kamen Rider Gumo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63025

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Just noticed your cosplay list, roseangle; on Friday we're going to have to have a photo together, since I'm going to be in a Red Ribbon Army uniform. :)
Why did I choose a Red Ribbon soldier for my cosplay? Because I'm a little short for a Stormtrooper.

#6 User is offline   LK4D4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19054

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I will certainly be there, and with trades.

#7 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9773

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

I certainly hope there is a YuGiOh tournament this year, I can understand why there wasnt one last year with the YCS right next door.
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#8 User is offline   LK4D4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

I could not find a tournament in the Guidebook. I also just asked this board's admin if I could run an event, or at least get one together.

I usually visit the card game area after dark on Friday. That's when the YGO players tend to come out. I will have to figure out what deck(s) to bring. Now the hard part: finding me.

#9 User is offline   LK4D4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

*Bumping thread*

The Admin has not responded back to me regarding a tournament. So I am now left with two choices: 1; there is no tournament, or 2; make one. I really hope he does reply soon so I may help him set an official one up.
In the meantime, I have noticed that Friday and Saturday after the 5pm times are free (especially with what I have planned). If at all possible, I would like to get one going at 6pm on both days, unless some unforeseen force stops me (like the Admin). I will see if a vendor is available to let me make this an official Konami event.

So, again, planning for a 6pm, Friday and Saturday Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament.
Please note this is Unofficial and may be cancelled at any time. This will be under the Advanced Tournament structure (meaning forbidden cards are forbidden). I will provide lists of the Advanced format to those who wish to see it.
There will be a $5 entry, a random pack for entering, and all money will then be cost-out and go towards prizes, which will then be announced after Round 1 is finished. I will be sure to pack some cool YGO merchandise for everyone!

This post has been edited by LK4D4: 16 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

#10 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostLK4D4, on 16 May 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

*Bumping thread*

The Admin has not responded back to me regarding a tournament. So I am now left with two choices: 1; there is no tournament, or 2; make one. I really hope he does reply soon so I may help him set an official one up.
In the meantime, I have noticed that Friday and Saturday after the 5pm times are free (especially with what I have planned). If at all possible, I would like to get one going at 6pm on both days, unless some unforeseen force stops me (like the Admin). I will see if a vendor is available to let me make this an official Konami event.

So, again, planning for a 6pm, Friday and Saturday Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament.
Please note this is Unofficial and may be cancelled at any time. This will be under the Advanced Tournament structure (meaning forbidden cards are forbidden). I will provide lists of the Advanced format to those who wish to see it.
There will be a $5 entry, a random pack for entering, and all money will then be cost-out and go towards prizes, which will then be announced after Round 1 is finished. I will be sure to pack some cool YGO merchandise for everyone!

Sounds cool! I will try to make it!
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#11 User is offline   LK4D4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Oh, and just to let people aware, all gaming is held in the Hilton. I shall procure an available room about an hour beforehand. You will definitely know what room it is based on the set-up.

#12 User is offline   LK4D4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Tournament has been cancelled for Saturday!
Thank you to those who were there Friday. I will see you next year with a better set-up and prizes!

#13 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostLK4D4, on 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Tournament has been cancelled for Saturday!
Thank you to those who were there Friday. I will see you next year with a better set-up and prizes!

I had fun, despite not doing as well as I hoped. Congrats to the guy playing E.Dragons/Fire Fists on winning!
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users