• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jessica Nigri

#1 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63252

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Jessica Nigri would be a good choice for a guest at ACen. There are many reasons for this. For one she started cosplaying like most of us, with "Just a sewing machine and dedication." Although now more people know of her now she is still making her cosplays the way she started making them. She can give tips, panels on cosplays, sewing, fabrication, and putting origional spins on cosplays. Also she has made female versions of male characters which could be inspirational for females who want to do the same but are too concerned about judgemental comments. She can share her experiences with how to handle people who think she wears her cosplays just to show off her body. Looking at her work she picks out cosplays and characters that are a bit more revealing but that shows, like many other cosplayers, that she is comfortable with her body. She is a professional gamer and in a professional all girls gaming team LT3. these are the reasons I think she would be great guest, she is highly knowledgeable in gaming and the cosplay community, she's been a guest at other cons so she knows how other cons function, she is more on our level so she is more apporachable to the aspiring cosplayer. She has the experience of working panels so she can teach different tips and tequines of cosplay. Just so everybody is clear she is a huge Anime fan, this has been apparent because she has stated this herself and they're has been proof on some interviews that she lovers Anime.

#2 User is offline   rachqatsi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59974

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

I agree, Jessica Nigri is a great idea! I would love to see her cosplays at ACen!
ACen Cosplays:
Friday - Haven't decided yet
Saturday - Orange Master Chief/Grif from RvB
Sunday - Haven't decided yet

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

Posted Image
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sure. Why not?

View PostVoxx, on 07 March 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

Apparently, haters ARE gonna hate.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 07 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#5 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

alright lets hold on here before things go out of wack, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I would like to at least hear the reasoning behind the "grumpy no" because maybe it's all a big misconception. If strong feelings are felt against this topic and she does end up as a guest just dont go to her events its not overly a big deal.

#6 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostVoxx, on 07 March 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

STRONGLY SECONDED.

As someone who attends anime convention first and foremost for the guests, I believe guest slots should be reserved for people who actually are a big part of the anime community, either voice actors or directors or authors whoever else that works directly with anime/manga. (And I don't mind having big name fashion designers or bands either, since they tie in strongly the the Japanese culture) But a cosplayer as a guest? Don't get me wrong, cosplay is my #2 reason for attending cons. But the isn't the type of person I'd want to wait in line to get an autograph from, and I wouldn't want the money I pay into the con to go to her when it could be going to a big-name voice actor, which would appeal to more people. That being said, I might attend a panel if she had one, but only with her as a regular attendee holding a panel, not a guest panel.
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 30%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#7 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

you make a valid point. one has to realize times are changing and this wouldn't be the first con she does this for. Personally I don't think its fair for the attack to limit guests to strictly voice actors and artists, its specifically says guests not "voice actors/ artists" otherwise it would say that. so what, if one cosplay person goes as guest you would not go the the entire con? don't get me wrong its a huge con this person can be easily avoided if you felt it necessary. I'm not here to argue and I do like to hear others written opinions not just meme photos. to hear ones concerns though a post is much better than letting an animal speak for you. It's one guest spot how do you even know it would filled by a voice actor or artist and how do you know more people dont want to see her. She has much more involvment than you are giving her credit for. Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw was modeled after Jessica, which Jessica made the costume for, plus it's a widley popular game, many people at cons cosplay Juliet and lets face it gaming is still a huge part of Anime conventions because many people cosplay video game characters. In my opinion limiting guests to one aspect is unfair when a lot of con-goers want to get into the industry one form or another. I myself have been to many panels where people ask how to get into voice acting cosplaying or Anime in general. Plus many voice actors are heavily involved in gaming as well.

#8 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PosttheV8ninja, on 07 March 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw was modeled after Jessica, which Jessica made the costume for, plus it's a widley popular game, many people at cons cosplay Juliet and lets face it gaming is still a huge part of Anime conventions because many people cosplay video game characters.

Ummm..no, she wasn't. I remember her just doing a couple commercials promoting the game in cosplay, but that's about it as far as being involved with production of that game.

The idea of her being a guest? Ehhh, I just see her as your usual popular cosplayer. I think if she wants to come to ACen, she should come like the other popular cosplayers in the community.
ACen Mascot Artist

#9 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

She is the offical model for Juliet Starling she toured with Warner Brothers cosplaying as Juliet but it was a contest for the character you make the cosplay if they liked it you won. They moldled the physicalities of Juliet to the person who won the cosplay competition.

Interview here on her role and the competition itself
My link

she touches on her partnership with Warner Brothers here plus her other projects
My link

here is another link on the results on her cosplay competition
My link

half-way 3:38 though this interview she talks about the competitiion "I made my own costume"
My link

yes she is a very popular cosplayer, but I will not post inaccurate information on a thread like this. I dont appreciate being attacked on here by an ACen staff member. In all honesty she is like any other guest, most guests and con-goers can't afford to go to cons cross country all the time. I thought it would be nice for someone who does cosplay professionaly to come down and do some panels, have a booth and meet all the attendees an provide her knowledge on something we all have in common. Not to mention I have quite a few female friends who would like to meet her to talk to her about the cosplays like her's. these said female friends who will probably never get the chance to meet her because on the flip side they can't afford to go to the cons she frequently goes to and gets good responses since she is invited back. I figured ACen being it's one of the biggest cons in the area would be a nice con for her to come to and see everyone, and she always has a lot of people who come see her. You would be surpised how many people will come to the con to see her. As I mentioned before she does this for a living she makes her own cosplays, sells the prints of her in her cosplay, like many other other cosplayers, then uses that money to make other cosplays so she can take them, to cons in her area, unless she gets invited as a guest.

#10 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

I wasn't attacking you. When you say "modeled after", I took it as the game developers took her face as reference to create the character.
ACen Mascot Artist

#11 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Ok fine it was just how your previous statement was portrayed it came off rude

#12 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Well, you made a false statement. I corrected you, which I think you're fine with. Also I was just stating my opinion; please don't take it so seriously.
ACen Mascot Artist

#13 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

False statement? There was no false statement those video interviews web interviews etc. prove that I was right they all show that Juliet Starling was modeled after Jessica Nigri there was a cosplay contest that she was a part of that she won. I was fine with the fact that you weren't attacking me I made an assumption that I was attacked I never said you were right.

#14 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Juliet Starling was NOT modeled after Jessica Nigri.

Here is the original "Search for Juliet" video http://www.ign.com/a...arch-for-juliet The character model was already made.

The contest was to find a cosplayer to officially represent their character. Jessica modeled Juliet. Not the other way around.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#15 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Can we not use that modeling word? :lol: Basically Jessica was hired to portray a live action version of Juliet to promote the game. True.

This post has been edited by Animexcel: 07 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

ACen Mascot Artist

#16 User is offline   infymys 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62557

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

LT3 is a poor woman's Frag Dolls. To call Nigri a professional gamer is laughable. That's why she's listed in the cosplay division and not in any of the gaming divisions. While I do admire her cosplay/costuming work, the OP never mentioned another LT3 member who is much more suited to be a guest at ACen: Linda Le/Vampy.

Nigri's majority of work consists of mainstream video game and comic book characters while Vampy has done Claymore, Gantz, One Piece, Evangelion and so much more. Plus, her love of all things Gundam is legendary.

So many (particularly those of the male persuasion) have jumped on the Nigri bandwagon for obvious reasons. While I do think she's an awesome cosplayer, I also think she's more suited for cons like Wizard World or C2E2 if you're looking to get her to guest/appear in the Chicago Area. I would think the likes of Vampy, Yaya Han and even Riddle would be great for a con of ACen's nature if you're looking to get one of the more renowned people in the cosplay world.

This post has been edited by infymys: 07 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

ACen 2015 Cosplays:
Mordred Pendragon/Saber of Red (armored) - Fate/Apocrypha
Pending: Phantom Ganon - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Pending: 2nd Form Haseo - .hack//G.U.

#17 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

It was all just a suggestion for Jessica to come out and it's not because she is pretty or has a rockin body. Yes there are those fans who see her as such but that is not the reason I suggested her to be a guest. As for the gaming thing in my personal opinion it takes some skill to be part of that group. Although she is listed under the cosplay division does not take away from the fact that she is in a professional gaming league and has had to go though the same trials as everyone else. Plus everyone even on MLG teams have their games that they are strongest at not everyone can be a master at all the different game styles. Anyways the entire group from LT3 support each other, granted you listed one other member that would be "better" than Jessica. But your statement is unfair. The reasoning you mentioned vampy/Linda Le is because of their love for "anime" their anime cosplays and their love for gungdams. With that being said Jessica stated herself that she is a huge fan of anime but prefers to cosplay video games because, much like others who cosplay video game characters, she finds them much more relatable and unique in forms of costumes. Even with that, that's not saying she's never done an anime cosplay she's done for example we very first cosplay of all time was Pikachu she also did an Ash Ketchum cosplay granted same anime but still anime, also she currently working on a Queensblade cosplay and she is working on her next video game cosplay which is a soul caliber character. In all honesty I respect all of the LT3 girls but what you said about liking Jessica for the obvious reasons can be said about any of them, just base on the fact that they are pretty girls that do what they do. Back to the origional point like I said before its just a suggestion and its not just me it's many others not just in the Chicago area but I know of other friends that don't live in the area who would love to see her because they are big fans and they are going to ACen and they can't go back and forth to Chicago all the time. Another reasoning based off her interviews she really does loves anime and she would love to go to a convention of a different genre rather than just a comic convention or a video game convention. With all this said I still give all my props as respect to the people mentioned above :D

#18 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

I think grumpy cat pretty much summed it up for me. What I would like to know is why you think she would be a good guest to Anime Central because I don't see any good reasons why she would be a good guest specifically to this convention. There are those that are more involved in the anime community and even then I still wouldn't consider them as a guest. Like mentioned above, having them come to host a panel on their own money and time would be better suited, but definitely not as a guest.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#19 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I've already stated my reasons multiple times to why she would a great guest and I still stand on those. I respect your opinion now that I actually heard what your reasoning rather than talking behind a meme

#20 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Honestly? I think it would be a poor use of resources, especially because she is someone who is hired mainly for her body. I really don't think there should be a thing such as cosplay guests at all, but there are several such as Yaya and Jessie Pridemore who are actual costumers, and can contribute to the art by hosting panels on cosplay construction and creation, rather than just self-promotion. I think hiring a cosplay model who is known primarily for her looks fosters an unhealthy requirement to be "good" at cosplaying, and fuels the rat race towards becoming "cosplay" famous that is already tearing at the camaraderie in the cosplay community as it is.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#21 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

I think you're poorly misinformed, Jessica doesn't go and "sell her body." She is doing what she loves and believe it or not she is following in the footsteps of her idol Yaya Han. Who in fact wears revealing cosplays who sometimes are more revealing than Jessica's but you're not complaing about her, your complimenting her when In fact they both do the exact same thing they both make all their own cosplays and they both sell their prints they both do the same, it's exactly the same as saying Lady gaga is a horrible artist but Madonna is amazing when in fact that are are the same and Madonna is Lady Gaga's idol. The only reason you are speaking so highly of Yaya Han is because she is much more respected and she has paid her dues. Everybody has their own opinion and everybody sees what try want to see I understand that. My issue with this is I have a really good friend, my best friend who wants to cosplay in more revealing cosplays like many of the people she looks up to in the cosplay industry, and with Jessica getting such a bad rep for things like this where it was only a suggestion make me wonder if she is going to get crap because she likes the characters that are more revealing. However I do understand your concern with the whole "cosplay fame tearing at the community" but if you look over at Japan this has been going on for years over there. They have so many famous cosplayers that do this for a profession, and some of them don't even make their own cosplays it's a huge thing over their it's so widely accepted and these people still get invited to cons when they're just models, that didn't hurt the community at all over there, so having someone who is like Jessica who makes her own cosplays and for the props she doesn't make she acknowledges those who do, boosting traffic to those artists, thus helping the industry because she is helping the little guy. I know it looks like she sells her body and everyone is going to see what they to see, but for someone who is comfortable with their body and has the pride to show it off and they do it respectfully there is nothing wrong with that.

#22 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

:/ When did I say she sells her body? Please don't use quotations on made-up phrases as if I actually said it.

I am saying that the source of her fame is not the quality of costumes she wears, but how she looks in them. I'm not denying her right to fame, I'm saying I don't think she's an appropriate convention guest when the convention has a set budget.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#23 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

I will start this off by saying that i have not done an extensive amount of research on Jessica nigri. i have visted her website a few times and seen her fb page at a glance.

My main issue with her -and anyone who does it- is that she chooses non sexy characters and intentionally makes them as revelaing as she can. Her pokemon cosplays are a prime example of this. It's great that she has a body she feels comfortable showing off and it's fine to choose characters that have outfits that show off great bodies, but to sexify characters when there is no need to shows -to me a lack of creativity and a desire fir attention..

Which is why i woyld not attend anything she would do as a guest.

However, that is not why i think whe should not come.

ACen is a con on a budget and has a lot to do with the money they have. Knowing this, it is not beneficial to them or the con goers to invite a guest that has such controversy surrounding her. The money can better be used for a safer guest better guaranteed to fill a room.

She could, however, if fans convince her, attend the con as a traditional con goer and host a pannel. That way ACen does not have to foot the bill but people like tge OP can get the chance to see her.

Also, to the op, i feel you are easily taking offense to people's statements almost as though you are expecting us to burn you and her at the stake for the suggestion. Please understand that everything said here is an opinion in answer to the question you posed.

(Forgive any typos, i am on my phone)
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#24 User is offline   blackstarlee 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 47560

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PosttheV8ninja, on 07 March 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

I think you're poorly misinformed, Jessica doesn't go and "sell her body." She is doing what she loves and believe it or not she is following in the footsteps of her idol Yaya Han. Who in fact wears revealing cosplays who sometimes are more revealing than Jessica's but you're not complaing about her, your complimenting her when In fact they both do the exact same thing they both make all their own cosplays and they both sell their prints they both do the same, it's exactly the same as saying Lady gaga is a horrible artist but Madonna is amazing when in fact that are are the same and Madonna is Lady Gaga's idol. The only reason you are speaking so highly of Yaya Han is because she is much more respected and she has paid her dues. Everybody has their own opinion and everybody sees what try want to see I understand that. My issue with this is I have a really good friend, my best friend who wants to cosplay in more revealing cosplays like many of the people she looks up to in the cosplay industry, and with Jessica getting such a bad rep for things like this where it was only a suggestion make me wonder if she is going to get crap because she likes the characters that are more revealing. However I do understand your concern with the whole "cosplay fame tearing at the community" but if you look over at Japan this has been going on for years over there. They have so many famous cosplayers that do this for a profession, and some of them don't even make their own cosplays it's a huge thing over their it's so widely accepted and these people still get invited to cons when they're just models, that didn't hurt the community at all over there, so having someone who is like Jessica who makes her own cosplays and for the props she doesn't make she acknowledges those who do, boosting traffic to those artists, thus helping the industry because she is helping the little guy. I know it looks like she sells her body and everyone is going to see what they to see, but for someone who is comfortable with their body and has the pride to show it off and they do it respectfully there is nothing wrong with that.

I think you are missing the whole point. One they have cosplay events in Japan, not just them as guests at a convention like here in the United States. Also this isn't Japan. If and I say this as a big IF because I don't see a cosplayer as a viable guest. Get someone that actually is good at craftsmanship and knows what they are doing. If she wants to attend, let her attend as an attendee with all the other great cosplayers and offer to run a panel. Hell if your friend is afraid to do the cosplays send them to a panel that actually talks about cosplay, there are usually many at the con that they can attend.

I do find it funny you think she is helping the industry when it is just another person making her the prop. Why get someone that doesn't make their own cosplays. IF and only IF you have to have a cosplay guest, get someone that I don't know, is great at craftsmanship and would be able to teach people actually how to make great cosplays, not how to make a cosplay as skimpy as possible.
Con list 2013
Ohayocon, Katsucon, Animarathon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Otakon, Matsuricon, Sugoicon

#25 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Just gonna throw this here....Why not concentrate on getting an actual like...VA or someone who composes music or...Even does art for one of the big anime names, by using resources to bring a cosplay contest winner here you're pretty much putting a briefcase full of cash down on a bonfire pit and lighting it using that money for kindling....Now do I think cosplayers deserve respect? Yes, they all do, no matter who you are. Unless this person has something to offer like a panel with tips and construction ideas for costumes and props I see it as a complete waste of money which could be better spent elsewhere. That's just my honest opinion.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#26 User is offline   Wingypoo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62448

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 08 March 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

I will start this off by saying that i have not done an extensive amount of research on Jessica nigri. i have visted her website a few times and seen her fb page at a glance.

My main issue with her -and anyone who does it- is that she chooses non sexy characters and intentionally makes them as revelaing as she can. Her pokemon cosplays are a prime example of this. It's great that she has a body she feels comfortable showing off and it's fine to choose characters that have outfits that show off great bodies, but to sexify characters when there is no need to shows -to me a lack of creativity and a desire fir attention..

Which is why i woyld not attend anything she would do as a guest.

However, that is not why i think whe should not come.

ACen is a con on a budget and has a lot to do with the money they have. Knowing this, it is not beneficial to them or the con goers to invite a guest that has such controversy surrounding her. The money can better be used for a safer guest better guaranteed to fill a room.

She could, however, if fans convince her, attend the con as a traditional con goer and host a pannel. That way ACen does not have to foot the bill but people like tge OP can get the chance to see her.

Also, to the op, i feel you are easily taking offense to people's statements almost as though you are expecting us to burn you and her at the stake for the suggestion. Please understand that everything said here is an opinion in answer to the question you posed.

(Forgive any typos, i am on my phone)

^All of this. Honestly, i also agree with the others posting that we should get a VA/music related guest or something along those lines. If we do go with a cosplayer i'd have to agree with Infymys' suggestions. Yaya han, although i'm not a super huge fan i do respect her work, does do alot of her work. Yes it's more cleavage shown but she's not deliberately making a character sexy. Jessica tends to make a huge majority of her cosplays sexy intentionally. I personally find it hard to respect when you choose to do that. I do agree it sends the wrong message especially about what's involved with cosplaying. Honestly, if there were cosplayers that i would die to see its Shoko and Jerome as well as Kamui. I've watched their work as well as Kamui's tutorial vid's she does with her hubby. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, just expressing my opinion. I just find it a little silly that you say we're entitled to our opinion yet you're arguing back and forth with us after we've politely stated our reasons.
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be. ~ Yunalesca FFX

#27 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'm not picking sides here (I heard of her, and I know lots of people hate her. Dunno if some are just bandwagon hate, or legit, just know there is a lot of hate) And this thread made a few people actually post here again who haven't done so in a while. Anywho, so I don't know all the details about her. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...

But IIRC, on suggestion threads, I thought if you disagreed, you just had to ignore it, instead of going all into the "nooooo!" Stuff. Even if it's undeserving, people should be able to ask without fear of ridicule. (which I know most of you aren't trying to of course) (because ive seen tons of suggestions id say no and tell them to never ask again. Lol)

Anywho, just thoughts of a neutral party.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#28 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think people have a right to say who they do want and who they do not want, just so ACen can gauge the reaction of fans not on the forums. I just think if all of the industry guests spontaneously combust and we are forced to have a cosplay guest, here's the question ACen should ask to determine a good one;

Is a person famous for THEIR costumes, or how they look in ANY costume?

#29 User is offline   theV8ninja 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

She has hundrends of thousands of fans, im sure she has a lot to say about making costumes because she does make all her cosplays, rather than making her own props, this year she wants to give publicity to the smaller FX groups so she is having her props made for her to which she gives them their credit. I do agree with people having the right to say their opinion on the topic and because this is a more sensitive topic, I am able to understand where people are coming from. putting all specifics aside If I was in charge of a con and there was a shroud of controversy around a guest I would take that risk, cons have to take risks to be sucessful if every con played it safe with everything cons wont become sucessful. Lets face it times are changing famous cosplayers are more frequently becoming guests at cons because cosplaying is one of the biggest parts of the convention. Bringing Jessica to the con as a guest would, again, allow her to share her eperiences, tips, tricks and knowledge in the cosplay world. There are hundreds of thousands of cosplayers who would love to be in the industry weather as a profession a hobby or a side job, she can expalain the different ways of getting into the industry. She has a huge insight into all aspects of cosplay and videogames both are huge parts of the con.

#30 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

OP is being a little aggressive... >.>

Personally, I'd rather the budget go toward a guest along the lines of Kalafina. Jessica Nigri is, when you get down to it, just another cosplayer... Why would I pay money to see her?
ACen 2015 cosplay:
Oktavia von Seckendorff (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) - 0% (planning stages)
Fem!Slenderman - 30%
Shirahoshi Hime (One Piece) - 50%

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users