Anime Central Forums: Cosplay prop rules - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cosplay prop rules Can someone tell me if the prop I want to make is allowed?

#1 User is offline   ShannonSingsAlot 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63232

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hello!

I had a question involving cosplay props. This year I wanted to add to my Maka Albarn cosplay by creating her scythe. I was looking through the costume rules and discovered this particular one where is says props should not “Extend more than six inches (6”) from your body in any direction. If you have a long tail, for example, it is acceptable if you hold it against your body, but unacceptable if you let it drag behind.” Does this costume rule work alongside the prop rules? I’ve seen cosplays that have had props that extend further out, and wanted to make sure mine would be appropriate to bring to the convention before I set out on making it.

I know that it cannot exceed my height, but here is a tutorial of what I would be making. Would this be acceptable to bring to the convention?

Tutorial for prop

Thank you for your time and help. I greatly appreciate it.

-Shannon

#2 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

First of all, LOVE MAKA COSPLAYERS! I've seen many Maka cosplayers at ACen with the scythe and had no trouble with IRT. Personally, I think it would be okay. I don't think the costume rule works alongside with the prop rules though. I've also seen cosplayers break down their props for when they are in the convention center and reattach it for photoshoots.
This should help you.
http://www.ACen.org/...es-cheat-sheet/
Cosplays 2014~
Yachiru "Retsu" Unohana (BLEACH)
Otohime (One Piece)
Katara: Southern Raiders (Avatar)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users