Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley for Beginners - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Artist Alley for Beginners How do you start?

#31 User is offline   railas 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostManifested Dreams, on 15 October 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

That would be me :3

Heheh, I bought one~ So cute!

#32 User is offline   LonOtter 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63785

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostTokoz, on 05 March 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Also worthy of a mention while we're talking money -- taxes. While nobody is going to come after you and force you to give up a portion of your Alley profits to The Man, Anime Central is considered an art fair/special event by the state of Illinois and as a seller-of-things at the event, you are obligated to collect sales tax. You have to make the determination for yourself, but Illinois offers a very nice, easy one-time-use form for out-of-staters and others that qualify. There's also the option of applying for an Illinois business license, which isn't that painful, either. Other states will, of course, be different -- sometimes very different! Nobody but you and your tax lawyer (if you have one) can tell you what to do here, but it's something to consider. Here's the Revenue page on Art fairs: http://www.revenue.s...lated/fairs.htm

If you go to the linked webpage for the Dept. of Revenue, they *could* send agents to collect sales taxes on-site. I haven't seen an agent at an SF con or SCA event yet in my mumble years as a vendor (2013 was my first year as a vendor at ACen), but "haven't" does not equal "will never", and I go with the assumption that the bigger the event the more likely that they are to do so. For me, that just means I try to remember copies of documentation that I already have my ducks in a row as a registered business. YMMV.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users