• This topic is locked

Music at the Crystal Ball Let's talk a bit about this years music

#1 User is offline   Jessie Dean 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 52542

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Welcome! My name is Jessie Eckels and it's my honor to be Hosting, DJing and teaching dance at this ball. I thought I would give you an idea of what you could expect and see what you all might have to contribute to making this ball even better!

I've done quite a few balls having over 10 years of dance experience. over 5 years teaching experience and 3 years hosting experience. I've done quite a few anime balls in that time and generally play Music that is classy, soft, danceable(waltz or slow with some variation) Picking my music from Japanese culture/Anime/Games and a few other sources. Combing through for only the best that will set an atmosphere conductive to an amazing evening.

That said I always like to find a few new songs. So if you have anything you think might be nice to hear for such an event please let me know. I'm always interested :)/>

Can't wait to see and dance with you all
Jessie
Jessie

Life is a Celebration. Dance is how you celebrate.

http://www.facebook....sie?ref=profile
http://www.youtube.c...ie?feature=mhw4

#2 User is offline   Lizzards37 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63397

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

I am so excited! I have never been to an anime ball, or really any ball for that matter, so have no idea what to expect. Might you be playing any Foxtrot or V. Waltz somewhere in there? Or will it mostly be Waltz and...whatever a slow 4/4 tempo dance would be- Night club 2-step?

Also, I'm sure this is a rather ignorant question, but where can I find information on the panel and/or when and where will you be teaching? I can't find it under the Panels discussions, but I definitely don't want to miss that!
“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. ”

“It is possible to live twenty-four hours a day in a state of love. Every movement, every glance, every thought, and every word can be infused with love.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

#3 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Jessie is a great guy and a great dance teacher he will not let you down. :lol:
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#4 User is offline   Jessie Dean 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostLizzards37, on 01 April 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

I am so excited! I have never been to an anime ball, or really any ball for that matter, so have no idea what to expect. Might you be playing any Foxtrot or V. Waltz somewhere in there? Or will it mostly be Waltz and...whatever a slow 4/4 tempo dance would be- Night club 2-step?

Also, I'm sure this is a rather ignorant question, but where can I find information on the panel and/or when and where will you be teaching? I can't find it under the Panels discussions, but I definitely don't want to miss that!

Mostly I will be using waltz and slow 4/4 tempo. I will have a few higher tempo waltz's if you really enjoy the Viennese waltz. But being as I only have limited time to teach and since most people will not be ready for high tempo waltz there will not be that many of them. I will not be teaching fox trot either(due to time restrictions) but there should be several song in my playlist that you could rock out with a fox trots :) The method i'll be teaching for slow music will not be night club 2 step but instead will teach blues fusion lead and follow theory(much more versatile). I want people to learn to understand lead/follow and tension matching, not just memorize steps. As to when and where these workshops will be taking place it has not yet been confirmed. Hopefully I will be getting info back soon :)

View Post-JUNK-, on 01 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Jessie is a great guy and a great dance teacher he will not let you down. Posted Image

Shucks Posted Image
Jessie

#5 User is offline   Feudalistic_Pop-Tart 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63217

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

How about some lively swing music? I've heard a lot of people really enjoyed music from the Bioshock & Fallout series and with the growing popularity of The Great Gatsby and Boardwalk Empire, I figured most people would enjoy it. Apologies if this isn't what you're looking for.

Glenn Miller - In the Mood
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks - Livery Stable Blues
Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians - Darktown Strutters Ball
Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea

Again, apologies if this isn't what you had in mind.

This post has been edited by Feudalistic_Pop-Tart: 12 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

#6 User is offline   Jessie Dean 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostFeudalistic_Pop-Tart, on 12 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

How about some lively swing music? I've heard a lot of people really enjoyed music from the Bioshock & Fallout series and with the growing popularity of The Great Gatsby and Boardwalk Empire, I figured most people would enjoy it. Apologies if this isn't what you're looking for.

Glenn Miller - In the Mood
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks - Livery Stable Blues
Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians - Darktown Strutters Ball
Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea

Again, apologies if this isn't what you had in mind.

i love these options. Though this year for the ball we are going with a Formal so there will be less jazz this year and more Waltz. I do also teach and DJ a lot of swing and blues. I might see about integrating a few into the playlist. Next year I've heard rumors that they may want to set up more of a jazz feel and I hope they do cause I can do that EXTREMELY well :)
Jessie

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users