Anime Central Forums: Who is all excited for the ball this year? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Who is all excited for the ball this year? Come on in and talk about the ball this year!

#1 User is offline   Meredy_Himura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 3084

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

This is going to be my first time getting to go to the ball, and the person they have heading it this year I found out is the same that does events at some other cons I go to and they are always a blast! So, I'm pretty excited! I'm also planning on sewing my own dress, so let's hope I don't completely mess up on it. I haven't sewn in such a long time, so I'm pretty nervous. Anyone else have ball cosplay plans? I like hearing about other's ideas. Since, ya know, I could never make some of the outfits you guys pull off in my dreams.
Proud momma to a beautiful Luts Ani girl named Madison and a Soom Beyla named Layline.

#2 User is offline   pyrrhicvictini 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62808

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Is it very common to cosplay for the ball? I'm debating due to lack of funds, but I don't want to be the odd one out in a non-cosplay dress.

Worst comes to worst, I could see about dressing up a Caprica 6 from Battlestar Galactica.
Cosplays
  • White Mage
  • Chell
  • Leafeon Gijinka

Panelist for The Cultures Behind Avatar: The Last Airbender & Fundamental Legal Concepts in Gaming
If you'd enjoy some educational panels, be sure to check us out!

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

View Postpyrrhicvictini, on 09 March 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Is it very common to cosplay for the ball? I'm debating due to lack of funds, but I don't want to be the odd one out in a non-cosplay dress.

Worst comes to worst, I could see about dressing up a Caprica 6 from Battlestar Galactica.

I think its a good mix. I know my friends didnt cosplay last year- and I saw several people in just dresses/ties/etc. I think you'd be fine.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   Meredy_Himura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3084

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I won't be really technically cosplaying, so you will have me. XD
Proud momma to a beautiful Luts Ani girl named Madison and a Soom Beyla named Layline.

#5 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I would like to see if I can combine cosplay with party attire. I have never been to the crystal ball as well, im most likely gonna attend this year, so I am very excited as well.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#6 User is offline   Lizzards37 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63397

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I've never been to the ball either, so I'm excited! I'm just going to wear my ballroom dress...but it's bright green, so hopefully it won't be too boring! : )
“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. ”

“It is possible to live twenty-four hours a day in a state of love. Every movement, every glance, every thought, and every word can be infused with love.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

#7 User is offline   Feudalistic_Pop-Tart 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63217

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm rather excited, as it will be my first time going to the Crystal Ball. I didn't go to last year's, but I heard it didn't live up to it's name; which has me skeptical. /:

I have a classy white suit coat with black lapels just waiting to be worn.

#8 User is offline   Rury 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61407

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

I've only been to the ball at Youmacon, and I'm looking forward to this one. This will be my second year at ACen.

#9 User is offline   Jessie Dean 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 52542

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostFeudalistic_Pop-Tart, on 12 May 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

I'm rather excited, as it will be my first time going to the Crystal Ball. I didn't go to last year's, but I heard it didn't live up to it's name; which has me skeptical. /:

I have a classy white suit coat with black lapels just waiting to be worn.

No need to be skeptical this year. They have me taking over the hosting and DJing this year. I've been Teaching dance and hosting such events for quite a long time, on top of that I've done such balls for over 15 conventions just in the last 3 years. I will make sure it's a fantastic evening!

Everyone needs to come ask me to dance!
Jessie

Life is a Celebration. Dance is how you celebrate.

http://www.facebook....sie?ref=profile
http://www.youtube.c...ie?feature=mhw4

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users