• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Places to buy cosplay gear

#1 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63200

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I'm considering dressing like Domon Kasshu of G Gundam (already have the King of Hearts crest tattooed to my hand). However, I have not been able to find any place in the US that sells the outfit as of yet. Are there any good sites out there I could buy the outfit from (I'd prefer the gloves with an open patch so I can show off my tattoo.)?
Cosplays in progress for ACen 2014:

Mikoto Nakadai (Bakuryuu Sentai Abranger)

#2 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I haven't seen that outfit anywhere for sale, but you could always get it commissioned. I'd suggest looking on cosplay.com or etsy.com for people who you can commission. The advantages would be that it would be custom fit to you and you can ask for special requests (you would usually have contact with the person actually making it). Not to mention you'll probably be able to see multiple and good photos of other costumes these people have made so you know what to expect it terms of quality - many of those stores that sell costumes provide few or low quality photos and aren't accurate to the character, are cheaply made, don't fit right and/or look bad or tacky. The one disadvantage is that it might cost a little more, but you can be more confident that you'll be getting your money's worth.
My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Friday: Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Saturday: Leafeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Sunday: Kotoha - Arata Kangatari

#3 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63200

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

The only problem with the outfit isnt so much price as it is finding one. Even though I am a bit out of shape (more than a bit I should say), that shouldn't matter. I will be getting a tattoo of Domon's King of Hearts crest in the next week or two to go with the outfit (if I can find one)
Cosplays in progress for ACen 2014:

Mikoto Nakadai (Bakuryuu Sentai Abranger)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users