• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Potatoes and Starfish: A KEY panel

#1 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57337

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

We did this panel at Youmacon and it went so well that we submitted it for ACen directly after. Panel submissions are still a bit behind but I figured I'd make a post for it here. The panel is aimed at people with at least a basic to moderate understanding of Studio KEY and the works they do. There will still be an introduction and outline of everything, especially some of the lesser known things like Planetarian. We'l be discussing some of the work but not limited to Air, Clannad/AS, Kanon, Angel Beats(not actually KEY), Little Busters, Planetarian and Rewrite(hurray translation patch). We'l have played all the VNs by that point except Air (which has no translation). The intent is to keep it as spoiler free as possible while we discuss why we love the anime and VNs that ripped our hearts out and only occasionally gave them back to us.

Posted Image
'13 cosplays- FF 1/Tactics- White Mage, Fate/Zero- Iskandar/Rider, Natsume Yuujuncho- Natsume, Little Busters [VN version]- Kengo Miyazawa

#2 User is offline   MarkVanPerry 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49488

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Oh man, this panel is made for me. I'll BE THERE!

#3 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I love Key. I'll be doing a panel called What We Leave Behind: The Saddest Moments in Anime and I will be having a special section of it devoted to animes based off of Key's titles. I call it "Key: WHY CAN'T I STOP CRYING?!?!" Hope to see you at ACen
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#4 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

There are few out there can do it as well as Key can, and none as consistently. While they may be difficult to attribute a single scene without the buildup to it for them there is no doubt they're still powerful enough on their own. I'l definitely check yours out if it can fit in my schedule. I've got about 7-8 hours worth of panels that I know so far I'm doing.
'13 cosplays- FF 1/Tactics- White Mage, Fate/Zero- Iskandar/Rider, Natsume Yuujuncho- Natsume, Little Busters [VN version]- Kengo Miyazawa

#5 User is offline   Yami_Yuka_Tan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62880

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oooh, this interests me. I hope I can make it!
Because Shinji totally saw that.

#6 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Will definitely be going! I love Key. And Misuzu. Misuzuuuuuuu. ;__;
ACen 2015 cosplay:

Friday - Mayoi Hachikuji (Bakemonogatari)
Saturday 1st half - Nona (Death Parade)
Saturday 2nd half - Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

#7 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

We are approved and currently scheduled for Sunday so everyone is encouraged to attend our sister's wedding panel.

#8 User is offline   SargentJY 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 62054

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Glad there is another panel about visual novel for ACen. (I will do one myself on Friday on visual novels in general, and definitely will mention Key as well) I will definitely try to be there, and I hope you can come to our panel too!(And we give prizes to those who come to our panel in VN character cosplay :3)
"Now Anime(Visual Novel) may still classed as the niche market these days...but it got such variety...such potential that I am sure will make to the mainstream one day."-ThatDudeInTheSuede

#9 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

We should be able to get to yours, since it's one of the few my other panels don't conflict with. We're not 100% VNs since we also will be talking about the anime versions (good and bad).

#10 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59117

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm a big fan of Key's works too, so I definitely hope to be there. :3

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users